ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin and Ferentz Handshake

You guys aren't going to like this, mostly because Penn State has obviously been attacked so much over the past few years, but...

Franklin is a douche bag. Ferentz gives respect where it's due and you can tell when he thinks it isn't due. I'd put Ferentz's character (and judgment of it) over about anyone that I know after watching him over the time he's been at Iowa. I'm hoping you guys can find someone who represents the university with the class it deserves (and coach winning football). Bill O'Brien was much more in line with who I think you guys deserve, and I would think Ferentz would be a great fit, but I also think he's the perfect fit for Iowa, so I'm not exactly willing to part with him.

Please keep in mind that this isn't an attack of any sort, just an observation and opinion. I'm someone that thought before our 2008 game that if a loss to Iowa would guarantee that Joe would win a national title, I'd be willing to take the loss.

Again, great game last night and would have no issue with the Lions running the table. Just wish you had someone at the helm who was a bit more deserving of the success. I hope he proves me wrong over time, but I'm incredibly skeptical.
REALLY!!!!

I watched the replay of the final drive that was posted earlier today. This is the first time I had seen the handshake.
To be perfectly honest, and not trying to start another uproar, I didn't see that as "drive-by" handshake. There have definitely been worse handshakes following games. For a guy who is on record (Ferentz) saying he is not quite sure how to handle certain situations following games and just wants to get to the locker room, I truly don't see that meeting with Franklin as horrible.
I've been in that situation as a high school coach. You really want me to tell you - "hey, good game. Your kids played hard right to the end"? No way in heck.
Just my $0.02.

Oh, and skippy BreHawk, you're still lurking I am sure, and you're still on the clock for a response to my and other's question. :eek:

OL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT