ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin 2 phone calls with FSU admin in last 24 hours

Do you have a link? ;):D
Several
th

You know who this uhHUH1234 guy is?

I think he is that Virginia Tech troll that used to be here about 10 years ago. I forget his name, but that dude was the worst.
Banned of course here, but he would go onto every single opposing site and post crap about us. Every single game.

Tom, can we just delete this post?

Reactions: BBrown

I think he is that Virginia Tech troll that used to be here about 10 years ago. I forget his name, but that dude was the worst.
Banned of course here, but he would go onto every single opposing site and post crap about us. Every single game.

Pretty much it.

Is he the infamous Arnie Schwartz?

I think that was the name of the lunatic who used to terrorize this site.

I've had this guy on ignore for a while. He's a repeat troll for sure.

Just curious would you guys consider Greg Schiano? A very good coach and loyal. I know for a fact that he had the utmost respect for Joe Paterno and his time here are Penn State. The only issue may be that he puts a great deal of emphasis on defense.

Not like they are calling Urban, Petersen, Kirby, either. Total BS we're in the middle of a great recruiting class, and trolls are just trying to poison recruits minds with propaganda.
Why would a head coach fill his staff Rahne, Galiano, and Bowen and go through this nonsense and be on the recruiting trail to sew up a possible top 3 class.
OP's like this is why southern football is a fungus to the rest of the FBS.

Reactions: Mixolydian
Just curious would you guys consider Greg Schiano? A very good coach and loyal. I know for a fact that he had the utmost respect for Joe Paterno and his time here are Penn State. The only issue may be that he puts a great deal of emphasis on defense.
Schiano is a good coach, VERY fundamentally solid. Not one of my first choices, but defense minded is not a negative by any means.

Reactions: RU31trap
The two phone calls went like this:

Call #1
FSU: Are you interested in the job?
Franklin: You’re breaking up. Could you repeat that?
FSU: Are you interested in the job?
Franklin: No.

Call #2
FSU: Are you sure?
Franklin: I’m sorry. You’re still breaking up. Could you repeat that?
FSU: Are you sure?
Franklin: Yes

They were “extended” conversations so FIFY :cool:

Consider Schiano for what exactly?? We aren't looking for a head coach and I don't think he'll leave OSU for another coordinator position.

Schiano is a good coach, VERY fundamentally solid. Not one of my first choices, but defense minded is not a negative by any means.

Hope Franklin doesn't go anywhere for a long time, but if he did, my first call would be to Meyer, my second to Shaw.

But, but, but... Pitt fans said everyone hates James Franklin and loves Pat Narduzzi. So I can't figure out why his name get mentioned for every coaching vacancy, but Narduzz doesn't?

It turned out, we actually improved when he left. If JF leaves, same could happen again. I doubt he leaves, but if he did, there won't be any shortage of qualified candidates to replace him.
Were he to leave you could be pretty sure the incoming class would shrink in a big way, leaving the incoming coach with a depth issue similar to what Franklin faced (and still faces).

We could hire the greatest coach of all time but if this great class gets halved, we're back in the deep end of the pool without legs.

I highly doubt he's going anywhere... and that this is a story planted to get recruits thinking and maybe going another way (y'know, maybe to the favored team of some poster).

Reactions: FJ47
Were he to leave you could be pretty sure the incoming class would shrink in a big way, leaving the incoming coach with a depth issue similar to what Franklin faced (and still faces).

We could hire the greatest coach of all time but if this great class gets halved, we're back in the deep end of the pool without legs.

I highly doubt he's going anywhere... and that this is a story planted to get recruits thinking and maybe going another way (y'know, maybe to the favored team of some poster).
This is a non-issue because FSU is going to announce Willie Taggart as their new head coach within 48 hours and that will kill this entire thread.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
This is a non-issue because FSU is going to announce Willie Taggart as their new head coach within 48 hours and that will kill this entire thread.
Yeah, but at least we know that they cleared that hire with Franklin first:rolleyes:

Reactions: N&B4PSU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT