ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin 2 phone calls with FSU admin in last 24 hours

There are so many idiots on this board that just fall hook, line and sinker on this board to what anyone says is unbelievable! People JAMES FRANKLIN is not going anywhere! I repeat! He is not going "ANYWHERE " GOT IT!!!!!
Just wondering if by any chance you are the same poster that posted almost the same verbage about JoeMo not leaving hours before he left:D

Don't shoot the messenger, heard it from two viable sources. Nothing to report official besides two extended phone conversations about big picture situation at FSU. Sandy was made aware of the situation this afternoon
Funny, Footballscoop, a group dedicated to following coaches and various moves, doesn't mention Franklin at all. They mention Taggart and Fuente and Fuente told FSU to jump in the lake. You really must be an insider.

Art:

Just curious if you know if Chuck Neinas is still the go-to-guy for college coaching searches. I remember 8-10 years ago he was considered the most powerful person in college football because of his ability to manage situations behind the scenes. I have always heard t great things about him and that he has unmatched ethics which is why he is so respected.

Neinas is 85 and in semi-retirement. Still extremely well-respected, well-connected. Most of the stuff he does nowadays is outside of the upper tier of the P5. Great asset to the game of college football.

Taggert will be the next FSU coach.

Florida guy with a million southern recruiting connections and he will not command the salary that it would take get a big name from another school.

With the early signing period, FSU wants a coach ASAP.
It'
Funny, Footballscoop, a group dedicated to following coaches and various moves, doesn't mention Franklin at all. They mention Taggart and Fuente and Fuente told FSU to jump in the lake. You really must be an insider.

The only place Franklin is being mentioned in association with FSU is here and on other PSU message boards that picked it up from here.

Why anyone would want to live south of Watertown, NY is beyond me. State College is the deep south as far as I am concerned. If only they played football in northern Canada or Siberia. I guess money has to be the attraction.

Reactions: Nitt1300
Why anyone would want to live south of Watertown, NY is beyond me. State College is the deep south as far as I am concerned. If only they played football in northern Canada or Siberia. I guess money has to be the attraction.

This post has me heading to the closet in the spare bedroom to try to find and dust off my winter coat. Did I take my scarf and toboggan hat to Goodwill before I moved to central Texas or do I still have it? Maybe I'll throw an extra blanket on the bed tonight. ;)

Some people like the change in seasons. Life doesn't start and end with 95 and humid. And with the rate of skin cancer anymore one has to be careful how much you are in the sun anyway.

After tonight's press conference, OU fans are convinced he's leaving. Taggart was evasive and answered questions with questions. He's gone.

After tonight's press conference, OU fans are convinced he's leaving. Taggart was evasive and answered questions with questions. He's gone.

Taggart: "There’s no decision to be made. What are we talking about? I’m clear in talking to our recruits and our players; can’t make it no bigger than what it is." #GoDucks

5:49 PM - Dec 3, 2017

From the sarcasm in your post, it appears that you believe that the the Florida weather would tempt Franklin into considering the FSU job... Do you realize that not everyone prefers 12 months of sunshine at the expense of brutal heat and humidity during the summer and not experiencing the change of seasons?

It'

The only place Franklin is being mentioned in association with FSU is here and on other PSU message boards that picked it up from here.

Other fine posts from the op:

-Fields has been in Shorter's ear about playing together since teaming up at the Opening - and not a PSU. Keep an eye out for the possibility of an announcement he will take his official visits.
-Trent Gordon is on decommit watch. He may have committed too quick in the wake of a great visit. Many think he may take a step back and open things up. If UT comes calling, he will likely jump at the offer.
-Nana Asiedu mulling taking his official visits with family. Clemson still pushing hard, UTenn/Bama turning up the heat. Nothing to be concerned about until he decides to take a visit.
-I wouldn't be worried about Georgia. Fields is focused on academics as much as football, thus his interest in y'all's business school. Georgia is not known for its academics.
-From sources, Gattis is pushing very hard for this position. (The position in question is the PSU OC job...)

It appears to be an odd mix of internet fluff and unverifiable rumors that come to nothing. He claims creditability because he picked up on a VT board rumor about Rivers that turned out to be true. Don't pay attention to clean misses on Gordon and Fields or think too much about how an assistant coach would be "pushing very hard" for a promotion over a colleague. (It's not the HC had been observing the members of his staff for two full seasons....)

Last edited:
PSU would be better off with Sarducci.

photo+4.GIF

I heard he was replacing Kelly at ND!

Hope not, but money talks. Always does. Plus no state tax in FL.

the only reason this is at all important is that PSU is still recovering from the illegal action by the ncaa that nearly destroyed the program. a number of people said this was going to take 10 years to fix the damages to the program. we need some stability in coaching that also drives recruiting. if this were to occur in 5-6 years out, we would have far fewer issues. this team still cannot handle injuries to key players. for us the next man up can be a large fall off. we are not top level deep at several positions - ie OL. we need another 4-5 classes to get through these problems.

I remember when the Harbor Hotel was an abandoned snow plow factory. Obrien's for the fish fry and wings.

Does he mean "viable" in the sense of "viable fetus?" Like, capable of living outside the womb?

Reactions: green2623
There are so many idiots on this board that just fall hook, line and sinker on this board to what anyone says is unbelievable! People JAMES FRANKLIN is not going anywhere! I repeat! He is not going "ANYWHERE " GOT IT!!!!!

Source? Link?

Reactions: HazletonLion
you looking for a viable source?

You'll have to go to the OP on this whole thread....oh, wait...he didn't provide a link or identify a source, either.

He said two source confirmed phone calls between JF and FSU. Said AD knows of the situation. You either believe OP or not. It would benefit JK to talk with FSU. When we hear that JF and/or staff and/or facilities are getting more money all’s fair in Love and war and maybe you won’t be so cynical.

He said two source confirmed phone calls between JF and FSU. Said AD knows of the situation. You either believe OP or not. It would benefit JK to talk with FSU. When we hear that JF and/or staff and/or facilities are getting more money all’s fair in Love and war and maybe you won’t be so cynical.
No, he said 2 VIABLE sources said it, whatever the hell that means. He does not identify the sources . Or where they live. Or where he lives. Or what he or the sources do for a living other than rub Cheese Curl powder into their grimy shorts in Mom's basement somewhere.

It could be true or false or not even possible. I heard from 2 viable sources that JF has had laryngitis since last Wednesday and cam only communicate by smoke signal. Sheesh.

Last edited:
Don't shoot the messenger, heard it from two viable sources. Nothing to report official besides two extended phone conversations about big picture situation at FSU. Sandy was made aware of the situation this afternoon

Can't be. Franklin said “I'm a Pennsylvania boy with a Penn State heart,” when he was hired. He said it like 15 times in that first press conference.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION

Whether our "facilities" get more money or not, they are light years ahead of FSU's.

James would be absolutely brain dead to go to that pit. And I would be totally shocked if he did. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the OP is either completely full of sh!+, or James was just being polite, and said "Thanks, but no thanks".

I heard it from a volatile source that he called seeking permission to talk to Jay Graham RB coach.

ADVERTISEMENT