ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin 2 phone calls with FSU admin in last 24 hours

There are so many idiots on this board that just fall hook, line and sinker on this board to what anyone says is unbelievable! People JAMES FRANKLIN is not going anywhere! I repeat! He is not going "ANYWHERE " GOT IT!!!!!
I don't agree with you much, but this I agree with.

Reactions: m48tank
I hate to think a coach making $5 million would be excited to move to an area where he doesn't have recruiting connections just so he can make $6 million. Of course this could all be noise. Probably is, but whatever happened to loyalty to the university and it's fans?

Reactions: PSU65
I hate to think a coach making $5 million would be excited to move to an area where he doesn't have recruiting connections just so he can make $6 million. Of course this could all be noise. Probably is, but whatever happened to loyalty to the university and it's fans?
Oh that is dead. Hope this is a misdirection by agents or FSU.

Last I heard he was going to A&M....wonder what happened.

If this is real it would be very disappointing. I had hope and still do that James Franklin will be here for the long haul. Longevity and stability for the program. Whatever happened to one's word and an agreement to honor a contract? It sounds like a leveraging maneuver is being utilized to open one'e contract for additional money. It is always about the money today. I hope i am wrong.

Reactions: bdgan
Oh that is dead. Hope this is a misdirection by agents or FSU.

I understand a guy like Moorhead making the move from Fordham to PSU, then to a head coaching job. That's a normal career progression. I can even understand a guy like Harbaugh leaving the NFL and taking the UM job since he grew up in Ohio and he played at Michigan. But a move from PSU to FSU is not a career advancement. A coach making that kind of move just for an extra $million is just a money whore IMO and a bad example for student athletes.

P.S. I don't think Franklin is seriously considering FSU.

I understand a guy like Moorhead making the move from Fordham to PSU, then to a head coaching job. That's a normal career progression. I can even understand a guy like Harbaugh leaving the NFL and taking the UM job since he grew up in Ohio and he played at Michigan. But a move from PSU to FSU is not a career advancement. A coach making that kind of move just for an extra $million is just a money whore IMO and a bad example for student athletes.

P.S. I don't think Franklin is seriously considering FSU.

A million dollars is still a lot of money.

Rumor started in an attempt to hurt our recruiting.

Our biggest recruiting weekend of the year is coming up at the end of the week.

Most of our current verbals are coming as well as Parsons, Smith, and Walker.

Seriously what coach would walk away from that? PSU & Franklin are just getting started.

A million dollars is still a lot of money.
Well.....just think about the meltdown BODE would have Art if this did happen. It would literally be the MOTHER OF ALL MELTDOWNS for him which is saying a whole lot. I don't want this to happen, really doubt there is anything to it...... but IF if did and I could see BODE find out...it would be pretty incredible. Like one of those once in a lifetime moments.

Don’t worry fellas - Gruden has always been partial to Central Pa and its charms. He would come here in a second to coach ;)

It is really simple. Franklin needs to hold a press conference and indicate that this is fake news being made up. If he is silent on this then we can only assume it is real. Cannot believe anyone was dumb enough to have a $2M buyout. Buyout should be the full value of his contract. What would he be paid if he was fired?

That makes sense. Every time a rumor appears on twitter or an anonymous message board (especially from viable sources) Franklin needs to hold a press conference. That's what well run organizations do.

Reactions: Nittanylion930
FSU is just going through due diligence by calling on established successful coaches in the conduct of their search, just in case one of them expresses an interest. I doubt if CJF would be interested. If he were to leave, I'd go after Matt Ruhle.

Reactions: Eurotrash1
Why is FSU a better job then PSU anyways?
I can see taking a NFL job but this is PSU not PItt for god sakes.
I see zero to gain from this specially since PSU can match FSU coaching salary.
He’s coaching at PSU why the hell would take a lateral job and start all over.

Fake news or trying to get more money out of PSU.

Don't shoot the messenger, heard it from two viable sources. Nothing to report official besides two extended phone conversations about big picture situation at FSU. Sandy was made aware of the situation this afternoon

Last we heard from this guy, Trent Gordon was going to be flipping and Asiedu was going to take official visits to other schools. He's a debbie downer troll.

Taggert will be the next FSU coach.

Florida guy with a million southern recruiting connections and he will not command the salary that it would take get a big name from another school.

With the early signing period, FSU wants a coach ASAP.

One other thing to remember here people. A&M's first choice was Franklin and that didn't happen...look at the money they just tossed around for Jimbo. Franklin didn't even entertain that offer.
Racist mail sent to Sumlin's house could've been a big factor.

OP has to be trolling with use of viable. I would hope that sources are capable of living (viable).

PSU would be better off with Sarducci.

photo+4.GIF

Disagree. Scaramucci all the way.
ext

The "mooch".

It’s not that there aren’t positive reasons to want to coach at FSU, as it is one of the maybe 10 or 20 schools where you could realistically hope to win a national championship. There is a great brand, fertile recruiting territory, good facilities, and financial support. Then again, Penn State offers all of those things as well. If he were at Vandy a few years ago and both the Penn State and FSU jobs came open then I could see Franklin choosing FSU. The sanctions are over and Franklin is already building something here. The only thing, in my opinion, he could ever want from someone else at this point is money and I’m not sure that Penn State couldn’t pay as much as FSU or anyone else. I guess what I’m saying is that I wouldn’t mind being Franklin’s agent.

Last we heard from this guy, Trent Gordon was going to be flipping and Asiedu was going to take official visits to other schools. He's a debbie downer troll.

Ah, the grown man that gets his sources from obsessively following teenagers on Twitter. Please look back through my posts and notice my information regarding Fields and Rivers.

"Bro! No way! He said so on Twitter!"

Ah, the grown man that gets his sources from obsessively following teenagers on Twitter. Please look back through my posts and notice my information regarding Fields and Rivers.

How would you know what the judge does...seems pretty odd for a USCe fan to know so much about a PSU poster. I hate to tell you this, but the Fields and Rivers stuff was known elsewhere for a long time. VT had stated all along that they felt they had a shot to flip him. Fields is the heart of SEC country and grew up a Gators fan....man were you on top of that.

My buddy isn’t necessarily an inner circle insider at Oregon but is pretty well versed in the goings on. He just said that Taggert to FSU is pretty much a done deal. Working out details. Should be soon. This is totally a FWIW post but thought I’d add for those of us who are either on the ledge, semi-distressed, or refreshing this web page like a monkey on crack.

Yes, his out clause is that if he leaves MSU for PSU he owes MSU a lot of money.
Art:

Just curious if you know if Chuck Neinas is still the go-to-guy for college coaching searches. I remember 8-10 years ago he was considered the most powerful person in college football because of his ability to manage situations behind the scenes. I have always heard t great things about him and that he has unmatched ethics which is why he is so respected.

Show me some sources about this Franklin/FSU thing. Franklin is from PA, grew up a Penn State fan, just signed a 5 year extension, has a Top 5 recruiting class and a 110k seat stadium filled with maniacs. FSU is a lateral move and Franklin has no Florida ties.

Unless you have some published sources, gtfo out with this bullshiat.

It doesn’t exist.

My buddy isn’t necessarily an inner circle insider at Oregon but is pretty well versed in the goings on. He just said that Taggert to FSU is pretty much a done deal. Working out details. Should be soon. This is totally a FWIW post but thought I’d add for those of us who are either on the ledge, semi-distressed, or refreshing this web page like a monkey on crack.

Taggart & Fuente from VA Tech were the only real candidates for that job. FSU is all about getting this done quick. They can't take the time needed to interview 5-6 coaches and then get into a bidding war to try and land their guy.

In Taggart's press conference from earlier today he answered questions but sounded frustrated and was vague with his responses. That is usually a sign a coach is heading elsewhere.

Show me some sources about this Franklin/FSU thing. Franklin is from PA, grew up a Penn State fan, just signed a 5 year extension, has a Top 5 recruiting class and a 110k seat stadium filled with maniacs. FSU is a lateral move and Franklin has no Florida ties.

Unless you have some published sources, gtfo out with this bullshiat.

I wouldn’t call FSU lateral. Only Texas, ND, Michigan, Bama, and OSU would be worth leaving PSU for IMO. Even then it would have to be for the money.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT