ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Reich fired

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
not a surprise but might he end up on the end of a CJF Zoom Call? His coaching experience is all NFL.

not a surprise but might he end up on the end of a CJF Zoom Call? His coaching experience is all NFL.

So that stupid organization now has fired or not rehired three head coaches in the last two seasons. Anybody who watched that team in the preseason knew that they were going to be terrible. Also, maybe Young will develop, but right now he has no business being a starting NFL qb. Some organizations like the Panthers have no patience, and some like the Steelers have too much.

So that stupid organization now has fired or not rehired three head coaches in the last two seasons. Anybody who watched that team in the preseason knew that they were going to be terrible. Also, maybe Young will develop, but right now he has no business being a starting NFL qb. Some organizations like the Panthers have no patience, and some like the Steelers have too much.
Panthers owner David Tepper (who is from Pittsburgh and a Pitt grad) is apparently a very meddlesome owner, reportedly talks at least weekly to the head coach and GM

Being a meddlesome owner is bad enough, but combining that with poor knowledge and judgement concerning football is a deadly combo.

Panthers owner David Tepper (who is from Pittsburgh and a Pitt grad) is apparently a very meddlesome owner, reportedly talks at least weekly to the head coach and GM

Being a meddlesome owner is bad enough, but combining that with poor knowledge and judgement concerning football is a deadly combo.
I knew that he was from Pittsburgh and also heard negative things about him on NFL Radio recently; was he a minority shareholder in the Steelers at one time?

I knew that he was from Pittsburgh and also heard negative things about him on NFL Radio recently; was he a minority shareholder in the Steelers at one time?
yes. 5%. I believe he had to sell it when he bought the majority of the Panthers.

He's quite a character. He worked for Goldman and was passed over for promotion. Upon later success, the manager at Goldman who passed him over had sold his home. Tepper bought it for a premium price, tore it down, and built a new one. LOL, that'll show 'em!

Reactions: bison13
I feel like Reich wanting Young over Stroud got him fired more than anything else
Carolina doesn't have a first round pick in 2024. That team will be bad for a while. No one should want that job.

• Wow
Reactions: 19333lion
Colin Cowherd picked them to win the division.

He certainly didn't learn anything from the Rooney's. BTW, the business school at Carnegie-Mellon University is the Tepper School of Business.
He's given them a lot of dough for a board seat and naming. Hey, why not? From Wiki:

On March 19, 2004, Tepper announced that he would make a single donation of $55 million to Carnegie Mellon University's business school (then called the Graduate School of Industrial Administration—GSIA).[36] This donation was made after he had been encouraged by Kenneth Dunn, his former professor (who became dean of the school). He accepted the suggestion but made the contribution a “naming gift” and suggested that the school's name be changed to the David A. Tepper School of Business.[37] Further, in November 2013, Carnegie Mellon announced a $67 million gift from Tepper to develop the Tepper Quadrangle on the north campus. The Tepper Quad will include a new Tepper School of Business facility across the street from the Heinz College as well as other university-wide buildings and a welcome center which will serve as a public gateway to the university. This brings Tepper's total gift to Carnegie Mellon to $125 million.[38]

Tepper also has made several large gifts to the University of Pittsburgh, including several endowed undergraduate scholarships and support of academic centers and university-run community outreach programs.[39] Tepper and wife Marlene have pledged $3.4 million to Rutgers University - Mason Gross School of the Arts, the alma mater of his wife.[40]

In 2006, Tepper donated $1 million to United Jewish Communities of MetroWest New Jersey toward their Israel Emergency Campaign.[41]

In March 2012, Tepper and his former colleague, Alan Fournier founded a political action group, Better Education For Kids. "Better Education for Kids is entering the fray as private organizations are poised to play a larger role in education in New Jersey. Christie wants more charter schools, and he’s pushing legislation that would allow private companies to take over struggling public schools." According to the NJ Star Ledger on June 24, 2011, "Last week, the fledgling group launched a $1 million campaign to advertise its mission and solicit donations. Unlike traditional non-profits, Better Education for Kids is a type of non-profit not required to disclose its donors. Though the group cannot formally coordinate its work with lawmakers, it will be advised by two of the state’s top political consultants: Mike DuHaime, a Republican strategist with close ties to Christie, and Jamie Fox, a Democrat who served as former Gov. James E. McGreevey’s chief of staff."[42]

After Hurricane Sandy, David Tepper donated $200,000 in gift cards to Jersey City and Hoboken families who suffered loss in the storm.[43][44][45]

Tepper serves as a member of the business board of advisors for the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon and serves on various boards and committees for charitable and community organizations in New York and New Jersey.[46]

In 2018, Tepper was the keynote speaker at Carnegie Mellon University's 121st Commencement and was awarded an honorary doctorate degree.[47]

In 2020, along with other philanthropists, Tepper donated $2.65 million through David A. Tepper Foundation to help Chicago with its share of struggle from the coronavirus pandemic. All donations to the fund will be distributed to nonprofit organizations, who will help give citizens a wider access to the help they need, such as basic supplies, food, utility, mortgage and rent, household funds, as well as safety and operations assistance.[48] In April 2020, Tepper's cumulative donations toward COVID-19 relief efforts exceeded $22 million.[49]

In September 2021, it was announced that the Nicole & David Tepper Foundation and the David A. Tepper Charitable Foundation would donate $1 million to the Hurricane Ida relief effort.[50][/ISPOILER]
[/ISPOILER]

What about the cryptic message about CJF reaching out to Reich? He is a good QB coach and OC, records be damned. I doubt he'd be interested in a college gig but you never know.

yes. 5%. I believe he had to sell it when he bought the majority of the Panthers.

He's quite a character. He worked for Goldman and was passed over for promotion. Upon later success, the manager at Goldman who passed him over had sold his home. Tepper bought it for a premium price, tore it down, and built a new one. LOL, that'll show 'em!
A little more detail: his former boss lost his Long Island home through a divorce. His ex wife put it up for sale, Tepper bought it for $24 million….tore it down….and built a mansion for over 45 mil.

Have been hoping he would buy the Pirates from their idiotic owner. Couldn’t be any worse and at least would spend money to get better players and keep good ones they develop.

Following the Browns playbook to success.🤭

What about the cryptic message about CJF reaching out to Reich? He is a good QB coach and OC, records be damned. I doubt he'd be interested in a college gig but you never know.
Could you imagine him wanting to recruit? He's 61 and has never spent a day in the college game
He makes more sense for the Steelers as an OC if he wants to coach next year. Money isn't a concern for him thanks to be fired from the Colts and Panthers

Could you imagine him wanting to recruit? He's 61 and has never spent a day in the college game
He makes more sense for the Steelers as an OC if he wants to coach next year. Money isn't a concern for him thanks to be fired from the Colts and Panthers
Yep, no way he wants a college job requiring immense travel to suck up to egomaniacal teenagers.

Reactions: LandoComando
I feel like Reich wanting Young over Stroud got him fired more than anything else
Carolina doesn't have a first round pick in 2024. That team will be bad for a while. No one should want that job.
Not sure who I would have taken if I was GM of the Panthers but I just felt Young was too small. Either Stroud or Richardson. Both had some red flags coming out.

Should have kept Steve Wilks. Team played hard for him.

Was not sold on Young or Richardson.....for totally different reasons..... Young due to arm strength and size and Richardson due to acuracy and the somewhat lack of success that he had in College.

I don't think Stroud would be having more success in Carolina than Young has though I understand the sentiment behind it.

Trading away DJ Moore and those draft picks for a QB was just silly management with a history of poor drafting. Weak OLs destroy new QBs.

I don't think Stroud would be having more success in Carolina than Young has though I understand the sentiment behind it.

Trading away DJ Moore and those draft picks for a QB was just silly management with a history of poor drafting. Weak OLs destroy new QBs.
Agree about everything but I think the owner sees it as he got his QB and he was wrong

Well that's a nice thought and all, but completely inaccurate. Reich wasn't sold on Young. It was Tepper who wanted Young. And the more you dig, the more you'll hear that it was actually Tepper's wife who wanted Young. The new staff, knowing what type of owner they were dealing with, went along with it rather than fight it. We see how that turned out.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Well that's a nice thought and all, but completely inaccurate. Reich wasn't sold on Young. It was Tepper who wanted Young. And the more you dig, the more you'll hear that it was actually Tepper's wife who wanted Young. The new staff, knowing what type of owner they were dealing with, went along with it rather than fight it. We see how that turned out.
Oh that may be true--wouldn't shock me at all but we'll see how Carolina plays it off. Reich seems like the scapegoat to me.

You don’t want Tepper as your team’s owner - even if he has more money than Croesus. Another rich dork like lil Danny Snyder who thinks he knows more about football than guys who’ve been around the game for decades.

As long as he doesn't have to recruit more than QBs, he'd be in good shape.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT