ADVERTISEMENT

FOX Sports is really bush-league.

Thus Spoke Mainer

Mar 6, 2012
No World Cup highlights being allowed to be shown by ESPN? I don't follow local TV newscasts and their sports spots, are they being allowed to show WC clips? Any other sports outlets showing clips or is this the exclusive property of FOX?

No World Cup highlights being allowed to be shown by ESPN? I don't follow local TV newscasts and their sports spots, are they being allowed to show WC clips? Any other sports outlets showing clips or is this the exclusive property of FOX?
It’s business, it is what it is. I can find the WC highlights on the net, a little less convinent than catching it on the tube, perhaps, but that’s why we have opposable thumbs.

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
With the USA not in the tournament, many casual fans won't be watching the World Cup. Fox should be happy to have anyone show game highlights to drum up interest.

NBC severely restricts the ability of their competitors to show Olympics highlights.

CBS/Turner severely restricts the ability of their competitors to show March Madness highlights.

Nothing overly unusual here.

Reactions: psu00
But I thought no one in the US would care about the World Cup? Why would anyone care that no clips are being shown on espin?

It's not bush league - it's the current reality of tv and streaming rights. When fox paid $1 billion for world cup rights through 2022 Disney lost the ability to show clips on their channels. Simple as that.

Who cares? They still show them on FOX, don't they?

After ESPN took over the College Sports Channel on Sirius XM, it totally sucks. Now it's 90% SEC/ACC. Just a sliver of everyone else. I am so frickin sick of SEC, SEC, SEC all the time from that trash Network that I hope FOX never gives them sh!+.

ADVERTISEMENT