Four year degree for $25k?

crazyivan77

Dec 7, 2007
Virtual education is the future, not brick and mortar universities.

Penn State is ahead of the curve on this.

You would think expanding virtual enrollment without the added costs of brick and mortar overhead would allow universities to lower tuition, but it seems these "non profit" liberal haven universities are hell-bent on sending their graduates into the world with useless degrees and 6 figures of debt.

The khan academy model is the future of education- crowd sourcing knowledge and offering it for free, essentially.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Virtual education is the future, not brick and mortar universities.

Penn State is ahead of the curve on this.

You would think expanding virtual enrollment without the added costs of brick and mortar overhead would allow universities to lower tuition, but it seems these "non profit" liberal haven universities are hell-bent on sending their graduates into the world with useless degrees and 6 figures of debt.

The khan academy model is the future of education- crowd sourcing knowledge and offering it for free, essentially.

My wife is a Khan supporter. Test scores and report cards indicate she is right.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
I love the University Park campus but I wonder who is going to paying for that massive overhead in 20 years. Every time I go up there there's a new building under construction.

Maybe Bernie's got an idea. :)

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
I love the University Park campus but I wonder who is going to paying for that massive overhead in 20 years? Every time I go up there there's a new building under construction.

You should be asking yourself the same question about our National Debt...

katchthis

Sep 3, 2004
The government got involved with cheap and plentiful loans to students. Unintended consequence of universities taking advantage of this by inflating their educational prices. Cost needs to be a big part in deciding which educational offerings to utilize.

Reactions: m.knox

We_Are

May 29, 2001
Deflation is the bigger problem.

With 7 plus years of anemic GDP growth, the failure of QE, and the implosion of oil prices...we are closer to that problem than ever...thank you President Obama...

Hope Michele enjoys her cake today....I'm guessing she ate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sullivan and m.knox

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
With 7 plus years of anemic GDP growth, the failure of QE, and the implosion of oil prices...we are closer to that problem than ever...thank you President Obama...

Hope Michele enjoys her cake today....I'm guessing she ate it.

Ha! A Rightie complaining about 7 years of growth after the Bush financial collapse is amusing.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Ha! A Rightie complaining about 7 years of growth after the Bush financial collapse is amusing.

Yeah, Bush created the policy that had government buying up mortgages from private banks..... And he defended it like Barney did, didn't he?? Funny stuff NJ. I have faith in mankind. It will come to you eventually.

We_Are

May 29, 2001
Hmmm...after enduring the Dot.com bubble burst and 9/11 the US had 12 straight quarters that the GDP grew by 5.0% or more during the Bush Administration's leadership...Please enlighten us on how many quarters the economy has exceeded 5.0% growth since...oh, and amusing is not the would I use...Glenda.

Last edited:
Reactions: crazyivan77