ADVERTISEMENT

Forbes: Does the Big Ten have a culture problem?

By grouping the conference together, all singular culpability is removed from Ohio State or Maryland. See how that works? We'll just move the goal posts to include the entire decade, that way we can lump in Penn State, even though it was at the beginning of the decade itself. Now, it's not "Ohio State" or "Maryland" or "Michigan" with the culture problem. Now, it's the entire Big Ten Conference. I wonder, how do Wisconsin, Northwestern, Indiana, and Purdue feel about this. After all, they're also in the "Big Ten": You know...the conference with 14 schools that is so psychologically bigoted toward it's 4 newest members, that it refuses to acknowledge them in it's official name.
Or the old "Johnny misbehaved today" so the entire class has to stay inside for recess all week. Leadership cowardice or protection of the favored.

The moment we signed the consent decree it would have.
Do you really think, given the public outcry, any organization would have passed on the chance to show their authority in that situation?
Our BOT did this to us. The Big Ten and NCAA went along for the ride.
Two wrongs don’t make a right. Pretty simple, the NCAA shouldn’t even have been playing in that arena. If I admit to shoplifting, I doubt the FBI is going to swoop in and arrest me.

ADVERTISEMENT