ADVERTISEMENT

For want of a shoe...

GG121AND2

Aug 1, 2007
a wrestler was lost.

Lack of adequate gear is one of the biggest roadblocks to participation by young people who take up the sport in middle school. Many middle school coaches pay for a supply of "loaner" shoes out of their own pockets to help these kids. Since 2015 Wrestling for Life has provided 10 FREE pairs of shoes each to middle schools serving financially challenged populations. We currently have requests from schools in South Carolina, Iowa, Oklahoma, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New York, Colorado and California.

CowboyUp buys our shoes and he does a fabulous job of finding sales and closeouts all over the country. His diligence has the average price we pay for new shoes at around $35. That being said, I'm afraid that the need is outstripping our supply.

Can you help these young wrestlers who are just getting started? You can donate online at http://wrestlingforlife.org/index.php/donate or you can send a check to:

Wrestling for Life
130 24th St NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402

Thanks.

Jim Brown

a wrestler was lost.

Lack of adequate gear is one of the biggest roadblocks to participation by young people who take up the sport in middle school. Many middle school coaches pay for a supply of "loaner" shoes out of their own pockets to help these kids. Since 2015 Wrestling for Life has provided 10 FREE pairs of shoes each to middle schools serving financially challenged populations. We currently have requests from schools in South Carolina, Iowa, Oklahoma, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New York, Colorado and California.

CowboyUp buys our shoes and he does a fabulous job of finding sales and closeouts all over the country. His diligence has the average price we pay for new shoes at around $35. That being said, I'm afraid that the need is outstripping our supply.

Can you help these young wrestlers who are just getting started? You can donate online at http://wrestlingforlife.org/index.php/donate or you can send a check to:

Wrestling for Life
130 24th St NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402

Thanks.

Jim Brown
Lets do it as a contest like past years. I pledge $2 for every point that PSU scores at BIGs and NCAAs. Hopefully some Iowa fans will do the same and not have to donate as much money as I do. :)

Man, that sounds like the world's hardest brain teaser! No way Stand with Pride can figure it out. :)
We should assemble an interdisciplinary team to help solve the puzzle. We should ask Tony Cassar, Tony Fauci, Tony Scalia, Tony Bourdain, and Tone Loc! :)

ADVERTISEMENT