ADVERTISEMENT

For unto you is born this day.......

OhioLion

Jul 11, 2001
Heart of America, Archbold, OH
in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

God's Blessing to my friends here at BWI.

Merry Christmas, and may all denominations enjoy this season!

OL

And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

OL
Amen!

OL
"Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift". (II Corinthians 9:15). Of course that gift being eternal life through faith and trust in Christ!

A Christmas miracle. My electricity went out all night in the storms but sprang back to life at 8 am in time for breakfast coffee and opening our stockings. My whole house generator is still back ordered but ETA is now February. Now onto the breakfast casserole.

I need a nap!

Last edited:

OL
Merry Christmas to you OhioLion and all the good folks that post on this board. Hey I'll even include a Merry Christmas to the bad folks that post here on this board too. As Tiny Tim said " God bless us everyone"!

Merry Christmas!!!

"I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all year." Charles Dickens

XIR-168720.jpg

Merry Christmas to you. God bless your family.

Dad made brunch-

Omelettes
Fried potatoes
Bacon
Cinnamon buns
Orange juice
Coffee
Toast
BLTs for those who luv em

We opened presents, but my real gift was having my daughter, my son and his fiancé, and my wife with me. Who knows how many times I will have that again?

Last night we had a great buffet, a roaring fire with cherry logs, adult beverages and a well contested game of Apples and Apples card game. All while listening to Frank, Perry, Dean, Bing, Elvis, and Nat Sing Christmas classics.

Rich or poor, strong or weak, successful or lost, life is good when you choose to make it so.

Dad made brunch-

Omelettes
Fried potatoes
Bacon
Cinnamon buns
Orange juice
Coffee
Toast

We opened presents, but my real gift was having my daughter, my son and his fiancé, and my wife with me. Who knows how many times I will have that again?

Last night we had a great buffet, a roaring fire with cherry logs, adult beverages and a well contested game of Apples and Apples card game. All while listening to Frank, Perry, Dean, Bing, Elvis, and Nat Sing Christmas classics.

Rich or poor, strong or weak, successful or lost, life is good when you choose to make it so.
Nice post Dave. Merry Christmas.

OL
Merry Christmas!

My Men's Group is reading a book, Wild at Heart, that has a great analogy for the birth of Christ and his presence being brought to the world. Its a much different depiction than the tradional one of a sweet baby, swaddled in a manger, quiet, comfy, and warm. This is an invasion, closer to establishing a beachead during D-day than a stroll through damp grass in a Lilly field in barefoot. This is The Light being brought in to a dark world. A fiery meteor crashing in to Earth. The whole time as described in Revelations there is intense spiritual warfare taking place against all others during the birth, and soon Herrod's men come for the baby. Like any good beach landing, war movie, this story is bookend-ed by the courageous leader soldier (Jesus) jumping on the grenade or diving in front to take the bullet (crucifixion) to save his buddies (us).

I thought it was interesting, and love the picture it paints.

My Men's Group is reading a book, Wild at Heart, that has a great analogy for the birth of Christ and his presence being brought to the world. Its a much different depiction than the tradional one of a sweet baby, swaddled in a manger, quiet, comfy, and warm. This is an invasion, closer to establishing a beachead during D-day than a stroll through damp grass in a Lilly field in barefoot. This is The Light being brought in to a dark world. A fiery meteor crashing in to Earth. The whole time as described in Revelations there is intense spiritual warfare taking place against all others during the birth, and soon Herrod's men come for the baby. Like any good beach landing, war movie, this story is bookend-ed by the courageous leader soldier (Jesus) jumping on the grenade or diving in front to take the bullet (crucifixion) to save his buddies (us).

I thought it was interesting, and love the picture it paints.
A good friend just sent me this quote. " The Lord wasn't born so we would adore him in a manger, but so we would surrender to Him at the cross."

OL
Of course, all of these warm feelings extend to everyone at the Ohio State University, right? Otherwise this would just be sanctimonious BS.

Reactions: OhioLion

Dad made brunch-

Omelettes
Fried potatoes
Bacon
Cinnamon buns
Orange juice
Coffee
Toast

This was one of Dave's last posts. Anyone hear from him since?

ADVERTISEMENT