ADVERTISEMENT

for those watching Eagle nesters

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
disaster in Ohio. A cam has been mounted for the local eagles (and ones that often sit in Obliviax back yard tree). Yesterday, a marauding Bald attacked and killed the female eagle. Later, it killed the nesting eaglet. The nesting male screamed but made no attempt to save it (or slammed the locker door [was that wrong for me to say?}).

"It was the worst thing I have ever seen," said Caroline Gerace Martinsen, who witnessed the event and posted her sighting on Facebook. "I hope I never see anything like that ever again."

disaster in Ohio. A cam has been mounted for the local eagles (and ones that often sit in Obliviax back yard tree). Yesterday, a marauding Bald attacked and killed the female eagle. Later, it killed the nesting eaglet. The nesting male screamed but made no attempt to save it (or slammed the locker door [was that wrong for me to say?}).

"It was the worst thing I have ever seen," said Caroline Gerace Martinsen, who witnessed the event and posted her sighting on Facebook. "I hope I never see anything like that ever again."
There was a similar occurrence at the Hanover, PA nest this season. The long time pair, Liberty and Freedom, were attacked by another female chasing the resident female off the nest with two eggs incubating. It was during one of the snowstorms and the eggs froze.

Nature is cruelly honest.
EfeHNvF.gif

ADVERTISEMENT