ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you who are home on this rainy Wednesday, I have 5 words......

This has got to be one of the top 10 most iconic pop culture moments in TV history...

Others: who shot JR, Henry Blake dying on MASH, Beatles on Ed Sullivan, Challenger explosion on live TV, Nixon/Kennedy debate, Definition of what "is" is interview with Clinton, Whitney Houston Star Spangled Banner performance at Superbowl...

Last edited:
This has got to be one of the top 10 most iconic pop culture moments in TV history...

Others: who shot JR, Henry Blake dying on MASH, Beatles on Ed Sullivan, Challenger explosion on live TV, Nixon/Kennedy debate, Definition of what "is" is interview with Clinton, Whitney Houston Star Spangled Banner performance at Superbowl...

I watched Clinton say "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms Lewinsky..." on the news the night it happened and I remember thinking to myself, if he did have sex with her what I just saw is going go go down in history. And it has.

Watching a show live (or the first time it airs) and knowing it's going to end up being iconic is pretty wild. I remember the first airing of "The Soup Nazi" Seinfeld episode and thinking "References from this show I'm watching right now are going to be around forever."

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I watched Clinton say "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Ms Lewinsky..." on the news the night it happened and I remember thinking to myself, if he did have sex with her what I just saw is going go go down in history. And it has.

Watching a show live (or the first time it airs) and knowing it's going to end up being iconic is pretty wild. I remember the first airing of "The Soup Nazi" Seinfeld episode and thinking "References from this show I'm watching right now are going to be around forever."
OK, add Soup Nazi and "not that there is anything wrong with that" to the list I made above.

Reactions: Snow Shoe Lion
I liked the way they tied this episode in with the one where George became a hand model.
“ You don’t have to worry. I won a contest “.

Reactions: PSU87
I'm out....

"You're damn right it's me!" --George, triumphantly, at the end of the argument when the woman breaking up with him tried to give him the "It's not you, it's me" speech.

Reactions: PSU87

Add the final episode of the Bob Newhart show.

...you forgot Marilyn Monoe singing
"Happy Birthday, Mister President" to JFK.... :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT