ADVERTISEMENT

For those Interested in Indiana State finals tonight....

IndyLion1

May 29, 2001
You can watch for free here: https://www.ihsaatv.org/

106: Jake Hockaday, Brownsburg (45-2) vs. Gavin Jendreas, Crown Point (38-4)
113: Ashton Jackson, LaPorte (52-0) vs. Preston Haines, Brownsburg (41-2)
120: Toby Billerman, Perry Meridian (38-4) vs. Kyrel Leavell, Warren Central (37-1)

126: Joey Buttler, Whiteland (42-1) vs. Logan Frazier, Crown Point (36-1)

132: Zeke Seltzer, Cathedral (45-1) vs. Anthony Bahl, Crown Point (39-4)

138: Jesse Mendez, Crown Point (43-0) vs. Cole Solomey, Kankakee Valley (46-3)

145: Hayden Watson, Center Grove (45-1) vs. Rider Searcy,, East Central (50-2)

152: Delaney Ruhlman, Bloomington South (38-1) vs. Samuel Goin, Crown Point (42-0)

160: Kade Law, Columbus East (44-2) vs. J Conway (39-0), Floyd Central

170: Brodie Porter, Eastern-Greentown (47-1) vs. Brody Baumann, Evansville Mater Dei (37-0)

182: Orlando Cruz, Crown Point (42-1) vs. Drake Buchanan, Center Grove (45-1)

195: Gabe Sollars, Evansville Mater Dei (40-2) vs. Connor Barket, West Lafayette (57-0)

220: Juan Grange, Penn (32-2) vs. Christian Carroll, New Prairie (24-0)

285: Mihail Platonov, Westfield (42-7) vs. Marshall Fishback, Rochester (47-1)

Last edited:
I believe Mendez and Carroll are #1 at their weight in the US. Jack Hockaday (FR) is ranked #11 nationally.

Known more to be a Basketball state, I have been quite impressed by the talent that State has been putting out throughout the years. My 3 all time favorite athletes from that great state. are Nick Lee, Larry Bird and Rod Woodson. Maybe in that order…. Lol
Joe Lee, Matt Lee, and James Frascella hardest hit.

Reactions: IndyLion1
Not Shawn Kemp, Jeff Gordon and Jay Cutler? Geez

Alex Karras for me!
I said favorite not best. Aside from Gordon though, none of the 4 you listed should be considered the best from Indy. Gordon is debatable too since I never really considered drivers in the same catagory as other athletes.

Not Shawn Kemp, Jeff Gordon and Jay Cutler? Geez

Alex Karras for me!
At least he didn't pick the 40-year-old Buckeye.

515ooWVptjL._AC_SY450_.jpg

I said favorite not best. Aside from Gordon though, none of the 4 you listed should be considered the best from Indy. Gordon is debatable too since I never really considered drivers in the same catagory as other athletes.
I was kidding as a lot of people don't care for Kemp, Gordon and Cutler.

The three best athletes were probably Larry Bird, Rod Woodson (as you said) and Oscar Robertson.

Mick Foley and Alex Karras were arguably the toughest

Last edited:
I was kidding as a lot of people don't care for Kemp, Gordon and Cutler.

The best athletes were probably Larry Bird, Rod Woodson (as you said) and Oscar Robertson.

Mick Foley and Alex Karras were arguably the toughest
But Mick Foley was JV to Kevin James in high school.

I'll never forget the time Rod Woodson tried to tackle Barry Sanders. Ouch

I still feel the pain when Barry juked Rod out of his acl. Woodson came back to play in the Super Bowl. Thanks to Neil dumbass O'Donnell, the Steelers didn't win that year. (Silver lining, the Raiders spent a lot of $ on waste of space Larry Brown.) And thats all I have to say about that.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
Not Indiana but it is really cool to see some of my youth wrestlers succeed a few years later. I know it is Va with their multi-divisions but it is still nice to see - 120lb div 5 kid from DeepRun - Jerry Simon won and his brother David at 126 placed.

Wow!! I didn't realize that some of these high school guys are wrestling 50 matches a year!!!

The State series alone adds 15-16 matches. It's 4 full weeks. IN is unique in that there are no classes nor division from Public/Private schools. You get 1 winner in each class. To make it potentially harder, there are no wrestlebacks either. At Semi-State, lose in round one or the quarterfinals, you're done. At State, lose Friday night, you go home. Lose in the Quarters and 5th is the best you can place.

In addition to those nationally ranked guys several others will wrestle DI.

Hayden Watson - The Citadel
J Conway - Missouri
Kade Law - Indiana
Brody Baumann - Purdue
Drake Buchanan - Air Force
Gabe Sollars - Indiana

Reactions: IndyLion1
ADVERTISEMENT