ADVERTISEMENT

For all you U Michigan posters

canuckhal

May 5, 2014
A few stats on the state of your program.

1) It has now been 415 days since you beat a team with a winning record.
2) You have now lost 16 consecutive games to a ranked opponent on the road.
3) You have now tied your longest streak without winning a B10 title with a 13 year drought. Last time was 1951-1963.

Glad to hear you post here saying your program is doing so well.

Don't waste your time. They live in a dream world that consists of Michigan football being the number one sports franchise in the world.

This, despite having won only half of a national championship since 1950. Even Pitt has done better than that.
It is their rivalry week and they are going to destroy OSU so I guess I am wasting my time. After all, Harbaugh is the best coach in the B10 and they wouldn't trade him for anybody else.

It is their rivalry week and they are going to destroy OSU so I guess I am wasting my time. After all, Harbaugh is the best coach in the B10 and they wouldn't trade him for anybody else.

LOL, That was so much sarcasm I didn't even need a TIC or emoji. ;)
I think OSU tears them an new ahole. Meyer knows he needs style points.
I'm thinking 50-7 and we see how good their (Michigan's) third string QB is.

3) You have now tied your longest streak without winning a B10 title with a 13 year drought. Last time was 1951-1963.

The media is just as guilty as UM fans, always talking about the program as if it's up there with OSU and Bama every year.

You just ruined Michnit's day...... He will argue that Harbaugh has them now pointed in the right direction now that he is getting his players......

You just ruined Michnit's day...... He will argue that Harbaugh has them now pointed in the right direction now that he is getting his players......
As if Hoke left the cupboard bare and Harbaugh had to rebuild the program. After all, his 2013 class only had 15 ESPN 300 players. His 2014 class was even better with 1 5* and 10 4*s (9 ESPN 300s) with only 16 in that class.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and Gnat91
Has Franklin ever beat a ranked team on the road?

I guess it depends if you look at when the team is ranked. We beat both Iowa and Northwestern this year and both have been ranked and NW is currently ranked. I'm not sure if either was ranked when we played them and I think it's a fair question as to whether it's more valid to measure if a team is ranked when you play them or if they finish ranked. I think there are arguments both ways.

Nicely done Canuck. I would also add there's no Meatchicken B1G Championship banner hanging in Lucas Oil Field. Premier program. What??

Reactions: N&B4PSU

1. Is Franklin hyped up anywhere near as much as hairball? Is Franklin paid as much as hairball?

2. Did Franklin win a b1g championship? How many has hairball won?

3. Has Franklin done a remarkable job in his four years at Penn State, dealing with the aftermath of sanctions? How has hairball fared by comparison, especially given the recruiting and expectations at michigan?

Not a road game and, no, Franklin has never beaten a ranked team on the road.

Again, it just depends on when you are looking at the rankings. At the time the game was played or at the end of the year? If it's the former, you may be right. If it's the latter, you'd be wrong (unless Northwestern doesn't remain ranked).

Again, it just depends on when you are looking at the rankings. At the time the game was played or at the end of the year? If it's the former, you may be right. If it's the latter, you'd be wrong (unless Northwestern doesn't remain ranked).
In my opinion if they're raned when you played them, yes. Their not being ranked after you beat them has a lot to do with the fact that you beat them.
Pretty sure we won bowl games where the other team was ranked before the game but dropped from the rankings after.

So if you beat an unranked team in the first game of the season, then that team rattles off 14 wins in a row and wins the CFP, then you don't get to count your win over them as a win over a ranked team? But if you beat the 25 team in the opening game and they go on to lose 11 more in a row, that counts as beating a ranked team. Boy, that makes sense.

My post doesn't have anything to do with Harbaugh solely so using Franklin as a sole reference wouldn't be appropriate. So your question should be when was the last time PSU beat a ranked team on the road.

Nov. 30, 2013 against Wisconsin. Far less than Michigan's streak

13-8 is the stat I see in the history of PSU/Michigan and 2/1 Harbaugh over Franklin.

What is PSU record if McSorley goes down in game 4 this year and does not return for the rest of the year?

And I expect Michigan to get beaten his week at home to OSU, again.

God bless Dudley Doright and his ability to compile great stats on the Snidley Whiplashes of this world. No wonder Little Nel loved you.

Reactions: canuckhal
My post doesn't have anything to do with Harbaugh solely so using Franklin as a sole reference wouldn't be appropriate. So your question should be when was the last time PSU beat a ranked team on the road.

Nov. 30, 2013 against Wisconsin. Far less than Michigan's streak

Michigan owns the series record 13-8, which included a 9 game win streak. So there's that.

13-8 is the stat I see in the history of PSU/Michigan and 2/1 Harbaugh over Franklin.

What is PSU record if McSorley goes down in game 4 this year and does not return for the rest of the year?

I'll take a B10 championship over a loss to MI.

Reactions: Howie'81
Don't waste your time. They live in a dream world that consists of Michigan football being the number one sports franchise in the world.

This, despite having won only half of a national championship since 1950. Even Pitt has done better than that.

Let's get the facts right, or LoserJImJim will start crying: Michigan was undefeated and untied in 1948. In 1950, the powerful wolverines were 6-3-1. :rolleyes:

Michigan owns the series record 13-8, which included a 9 game win streak. So there's that.
Ya know you never fail to disappoint. You have two favorite teams Penn St and Michigan, that's apparent, but other than you graduating from Penn St I really have no idea who you root for when they play one another?

Pretty sad.

In my opinion if they're raned when you played them, yes. Their not being ranked after you beat them has a lot to do with the fact that you beat them.
Pretty sure we won bowl games where the other team was ranked before the game but dropped from the rankings after.

This makes a lot of sense and at the time the two teams met they may have been playing well, injuries could occur later which could cause losses and a lower ranking. I guess Alabama beating Florida State is an example, but in week one who really knows how good teams are.

We do tend to remember final rankings more so than regular season rankings.

If Trace goes down we wind up no worse and possibly better. Have you actually watched Tommy? He comes in at a time when they are not running the complete playbook and usually not with the first team. Put the kid with the first team and I have no reason to believe we are anything but the same...

the difference is that it scares everyone that tommy runs so much. He goes down, we have serious issues. Would Moorhead allow TS to run so much? Doubtful.

Do i want Trace to go down? Hardly. But if he does, I don't bat an eye. Stevens is that good.

In my mind, any game that isn't at Beaver Stadium is a road game. To suggest otherwise is just semantics.
You’re welcome to your opinion. But you’re wrong. You are correct that it’s a road game but both are on the road, hence no home field advantage.

This makes a lot of sense and at the time the two teams met they may have been playing well, injuries could occur later which could cause losses and a lower ranking. I guess Alabama beating Florida State is an example, but in week one who really knows how good teams are.

We do tend to remember final rankings more so than regular season rankings.
Ha. FSU and Michigan are frequently ranked in week one. FSU was ranked by the coaches in week 3 at 0-2. I loved that!

Reactions: N&B4PSU
ADVERTISEMENT