ADVERTISEMENT

For all the Auburn fans that have been visiting the board this week...

Other than those, the calls weren’t “bad”.
But the third down/fourth down fiasco should be a fire-able offense. How does that happen at this level?
Agree 1000%. And replay booth agrees on call. That shows it was intentional (like the Nebraska game fumble a few years back).

Don’t blame the Auburn folks. They had nothing to do with it.

That would be like blaming Penn State fans for the mess that will be Big Ten officials at Auburn next year.

We have nothing to do with Big Ten officiating. Hell, we’ve been railing against their incompetence for years. From what I’ve seen, Auburn fans also thought the officiating last night was horrible.

Don’t blame the Auburn folks. They had nothing to do with it.

That would be like blaming Penn State fans for the mess that will be Big Ten officials at Auburn next year.

We have nothing to do with Big Ten officiating. Hell, we’ve been railing against their incompetence for years. From what I’ve seen, Auburn fans also thought the officiating last night was horrible.

Didn't blame them - you clearly have reading comprehension problems. What I said is that they should be ashamed of their Conference's Employees behavior at the game and should let their Athletic Representatives know that they were embarrassed by the clear corruption, and disgraceful behavior, of the SEC Officials.

It's really unfortunate that PSU was forced to beat your team and your disgraceful, embarrassing homer scumbag Officials. What an embarrassment - the SEC should be ashamed of that disgraceful display.

I apologized to the Auburn fans sitting near me for the behavior of our students. They said that the girls were the worst.

I don't think it tops the crowd noise penalties vs. Michigan in '93. Yes it was a long time ago, but that was so ridiculous
If we are talking BS calls against PSU then I would like to nominate Big Ten basketball referee in a mid 1990s game vs IU at Rec Hall.
I believe the offending official is named Lickliter.

If we are talking BS calls against PSU then I would like to nominate Big Ten basketball referee in a mid 1990s game vs IU at Rec Hall.
That was 1993. I was at AIT at Fort Ben Harrison in Indianapolis for that. I was watching the game at a bar with a bunch of Hoosiers. We were all having fun ball busting the entire game. Then that call happened. That call wasn’t fun for anyone. The Hoosier fans in the bar were all embarrassed to need such a horrible call to beat us that night.

Reactions: PSU87

That was 1993. I was at AIT at Fort Ben Harrison in Indianapolis for that. I was watching the game at a bar with a bunch of Hoosiers. We were all having fun ball busting the entire game. Then that call happened. That call wasn’t fun for anyone. The Hoosier fans in the bar were all embarrassed to need such a horrible call to beat us that night.
Worst call I've ever seen in any sport, ever, in my 50 years of watching sports.

And considering some of the horrid calls we've seen over the years....thats saying a lot

I really don't see how someone calling out 2 blatantly questionable (if not outright WRONG) calls by the officials makes them a douche. Both Fowler and Herbstreit said they had never seen an overthrown by a QB, along with a broken route by a WR, called as intentional grounding. Then, they were able to confirm with the replay, that Nix was INSIDE the tackle box on his throw, which should have resulted in an intentional grounding call on AU.
Hmm, I don't remember Fowler or Herby saying: "disgraceful, embarrassing homer scumbag Officials. What an embarrassment - the SEC should be ashamed of that disgraceful display." I think that quote goes just a tad beyond "calling out 2 blatantly questionable calls", no? Fowler and Herby didn't say anything even resembling that statement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT