ADVERTISEMENT

Football on topic,what is your favorite past game to watch....

I don't re-watch full games, but I often watch the Rich Gardner interception vs. Nebraska in '02. I still think that's he loudest I've ever heard the Beav. In hindsight, not a really good NE team, but a huge win at the time.

"3rd & 6, stadium startin' to rumble..."

We were sitting halfway up in the end zone right near The UNL Fans. They were doing a bit of chirping early, but that died out real quick. I too feel that this was the loudest Beaver Stadium had been to that point in my memory as the moment was a catharsis for the fans after the frustrations of 00 and 01. Little did we know the horror show that awaited us in 03 & 04. That said for one night things were perfect.

1982 Nebraska at Beaver Stadium. There have been a lot of great games, that we enjoy, mentioned above yet the 82 Nebraska game was a stunning finish and you had to be there. Rewatching on TV doesn't capture the emotion of the fans that evening.

PSU had not yet been awarded a MNC to that time, in the modern era, should have multiple times and the frustration was growing as was the anxiety. It was a different time tough to express to a later generation. Being snubbed so many times in close succession creates a frustration not grasped by those who haven't lived it. In any event, standing on the bleacher seats in front of us, a first, and a stadium wide wave of it while the crowd that day willed the team down the field. I stumble trying to express it vividly enough to allow a grasp of what the buzz all game was as was the penultimate final drive. A student from North Halls shouted at us "you have a blue car" in the euphoria following the victory. I haven't ever experienced a game like it, ever. Yet, I enjoy every win, the last play win at Iowa- what a drive and the whole 2005 OSU game with our entire family and so many more.

Reactions: Bob78 and MtNittany
1982 Nebraska at Beaver Stadium. There have been a lot of great games, that we enjoy, mentioned above yet the 82 Nebraska game was a stunning finish and you had to be there. Rewatching on TV doesn't capture the emotion of the fans that evening.

PSU had not yet been awarded a MNC to that time, in the modern era, should have multiple times and the frustration was growing as was the anxiety. It was a different time tough to express to a later generation. Being snubbed so many times in close succession creates a frustration not grasped by those who haven't lived it. In any event, standing on the bleacher seats in front of us, a first, and a stadium wide wave of it while the crowd that day willed the team down the field. I stumble trying to express it vividly enough to allow a grasp of what the buzz all game was as was the penultimate final drive. A student from North Halls shouted at us "you have a blue car" in the euphoria following the victory. I haven't ever experienced a game like it, ever. Yet, I enjoy every win, the last play win at Iowa- what a drive and the whole 2005 OSU game with our entire family and so many more.
Temporary lights. Would've been my ex-wife Ann on my arm. Quarter keg in the student section. It was nuts. Nothing like it.

I don't re-watch full games, but I often watch the Rich Gardner interception vs. Nebraska in '02. I still think that's he loudest I've ever heard the Beav. In hindsight, not a really good NE team, but a huge win at the time.

"3rd & 6, stadium startin' to rumble..."

An ASS. BEATING. o_O for the ages.

On youtube. Doesn't have to be Ohio state where we beat them etc. Just looking for good past PSU games that were interesting. I know there are many . Trying to think of some of mine will post emm up. Just want to watch some PSU football tonight with a delicious beverage ;)
1994 at Michigan. Great game, and fun for me to watch since I was there.

Reactions: Bob78 and siff
I know it’s pretty recent but I have to go with 2017 at Iowa. After years of hearing the righteous indignation from Iowa fans about Sandusky, to be able to go into their home, on national TV and watch their hearts get ripped out by Trace and Juwonson... Sweet sweet victory

giphy.gif

Reactions: Bob78
Anyone we won. BTW, we have never lost a football game, but a few have ended needy a few points to win.

Picking just one game is kind of like selecting a favorite child, or a favorite song for me. I lump all my faves into large groups - plenty of room for all that bring a smile or a great memory.

I'd almost have to break it down by season. One of my first real memories of a great win was listening to the 1964 PSU at #2 Ohio State game on the radio in the kitchen with my mother and dad. 27-0! Rip Engle was the coach, and he beat the great Woody Hayes for the 2nd season in a row. (Younger readers, think Lloyd Carr or John Cooper or Kirk Ferentz beating JVP for a rough parallel).

Too many great games "tie for first" during Joe's years for me. All the usual suspects, plus a few more for a variety of reasons, including a few when a fraternity brother may have had a great game or a memorable play during a 'routine' win. e.g.: Matt Suhey having a big game vs. Houston in '77. Clark de-cleating poor Ed McMichael of Rutgres in '78(?). Cefalo and Guman combining for a reverse on a punt return to score the winning TD at Pitt in '77.

With O'Brien, both Wisconsin wins are right up there, nudging at the '13 Michigan 4OT win. And at pathetic Illinois in '12, too.

Under Franklin, there have been a good many already. UCF, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Washington in the Fiesta, 2 white-out wins vs. Michigan, revenge vs .Michigan State in '16, Iowa '16 and '17.... he has built a nice portfolio of fave games in just 6 seasons.

Just this farte d'olde's perspective, fwiw.

On youtube. Doesn't have to be Ohio state where we beat them etc. Just looking for good past PSU games that were interesting. I know there are many . Trying to think of some of mine will post emm up. Just want to watch some PSU football tonight with a delicious beverage ;)
I have probably watched 97 psu v osu more times than any other game. It never gets old.. and that Harris run is a beautiful memory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT