ADVERTISEMENT

Football changing logo to Pot Leaf

Oh, like offseason? Though I did see that Mike Jones says this one is going be over after a vote last night... and last week... and the week before that..... and.....

No, my point is this - regardless of legality of pot, or alcohol or...whatever, a college sports team can have it's own set of rules regarding whether players can imbibe or be involved in said activity.

For example - prior to the 1994 per-season practice, Joe sat down with the captains and they all agreed - no drinking during pre-season or during the season. The players were on their own to monitor their teammates - even those that were 21 and over. The rules applied to all the players.

I get your point about whether there is a season or not. But to me, that is not really the issue - the issue is that teams can have their own rules and can do so at any time (I chose to use pre-season and season). So, even if pot is legal in Pa, the team can still say "no, you cannot imbibe".

I think that is clear now.

Reactions: PSUFBFAN
No, my point is this - regardless of legality of pot, or alcohol or...whatever, a college sports team can have it's own set of rules regarding whether players can imbibe or be involved in said activity.

For example - prior to the 1994 per-season practice, Joe sat down with the captains and they all agreed - no drinking during pre-season or during the season. The players were on their own to monitor their teammates - even those that were 21 and over. The rules applied to all the players.

I get your point about whether there is a season or not. But to me, that is not really the issue - the issue is that teams can have their own rules and can do so at any time (I chose to use pre-season and season). So, even if pot is legal in Pa, the team can still say "no, you cannot imbibe".

I think that is clear now.
Hey, that was unnecessary but thanks. It was just a wisecrack to begin with.

On second thought, the way the B1G has handled this, I'd probably smoke weed as well.

Obviously some use is for relaxation and recreation some use may be for sleep aid or pain relief.Hopefully it wont be long before PA. NY, NJ, and Ohio make it legal. There will most likely be a 21 year old age limit though.

Obviously some use is for relaxation and recreation some use may be for sleep aid or pain relief.Hopefully it wont be long before PA. NY, NJ, and Ohio make it legal. There will most likely be a 21 year old age limit though.
It will be a long time in Ohio. I read an article this past weekend about the lack of use of medical weed in Ohio. It passed a couple of years ago but the cost of the "legal" weed is more than twice what is costs on the street and what other states are charging. Therefore, not many people are using the state run program but still buying it from their local weed guy.

Pennsylvania's Lieutenant Governor John Fetterman has an interesting take on the criminal charges that the Penn State players face.

ADVERTISEMENT