ADVERTISEMENT

Football changing logo to Pot Leaf

cvilleelkscoach

Feb 4, 2011
4 more players charged with MJ possession. Lance Dixon, Terry Smith, Joe johnson, Daequan Hardy. That is 8 players since July. One, Brandon Taylor was already kicked off team.

Coach Franklin needs to attack this issue. It will be Mary Jane taking his players not the virus.

OIP.9YCLMgqswCFDeAgro7PdMwAAAA

What do people think is going to happen when you take healthy young adults and tell them they have to social distance from everyone? Not a surprise they find other ways to kill time.

Reactions: bison13
4 more players charged with MJ possession. Lance Dixon, Terry Smith, Joe johnson, Daequan Hardy. That is 8 players since July. One, Brandon Taylor was already kicked off team.

Coach Franklin needs to attack this issue. It will be Mary Jane taking his players not the virus.

Isnt terry smith a coach?

Reactions: BarryPSU

Who said that’s why Brandon Taylor was kicked off the team?

Perhaps the players are misinterpreting Coach Franklin's actions, after bringing in Kirk Ciarrocca as the new offensive coordinator in an attempt to get the team to "score" more often.

What do people think is going to happen when you take healthy young adults and tell them they have to social distance from everyone? Not a surprise they find other ways to kill time.
And you take their season away from them.

I can see positive drug tests (I assume they still test for drugs?)....but how do you get nabbed for possession? The campus cops trolling the on-campus apartments again like the old days?

Reactions: ChandlerPearce

And where exactly will this 'Mary Jane' be taking the players?

To everybody's surprise, college kids who are given more free time will spend more of their time doing things like smoking pot. Oh the horror.

One day this country will get its collective head out of its ass and just federally legalize the damn stuff.

Also TIL there is a Terry Smith on the roster.

To everybody's surprise, college kids who are given more free time will spend more of their time doing things like smoking pot. Oh the horror.

One day this country will get its collective head out of its ass and just federally legalize the damn stuff.

Also TIL there is a Terry Smith on the roster.

I agree it should be legalized at the federal level or at least decriminalized. It's a joke being on the Schedule I list with heroin, X and others. And of course the pharmaceutical lobby doesn't want to legalize it as it would cut into their profits.

Idle Hands

I can see positive drug tests (I assume they still test for drugs?)....but how do you get nabbed for possession? The campus cops trolling the on-campus apartments again like the old days?

I have questions about this too. I get it, kids will be kids, especially with limited social interaction and the structure of formal school/practices, but why are these guys all getting nabbed by the PD? Are they just smoking in their rooms all over the place and getting narced on? Smoking in the middle of campus, popping LSD tablets in Atherton? If I am franklin, I guess im pissed my team clearly has a drug issue currently, but I am more concerned they are all dumb enough to get caught in this day and age. I mean, sh*t, take edibles and leave em in your room when you are not high, who even smokes weed anymore?

Aside from the "everyone does it" so no answer.....does anyone think this is a correlation to hitting what seems to be a recruiting rut? Are Big Time 5 stars in to it? Do the recent "issues" maybe scare parents away and make Franklin seem like too much of a "players coach" with no discipline?

Aside from the "everyone does it" so no answer.....does anyone think this is a correlation to hitting what seems to be a recruiting rut? Are Big Time 5 stars in to it? Do the recent "issues" maybe scare parents away and make Franklin seem like too much of a "players coach" with no discipline?

No, I don't. Are you making the case that top level football players at places like Alabama and LSU do NOT smoke weed? Nobody believes that, they all do, just in a lot of schools and programs you don't get into trouble for it and the coach buries it. Why do you think guys from other programs fail the NFL combine drug test. Weed is rampant for kids of this age demographic, non-athletes and athletes alike, especially at college. This is in no way a Penn State problem.......I will admit, these guys getting caught does seem to be a penn state problem.

Yada Yada. It should be legal; IT AIN'T. Therefore they broke the LAW. They deserve to be punished according to the LAW and received fair and just punishment for breaking team rules.

Me old school; give them a choice extra PT repetitions or suspension from team.
Well I guess Franklin has to do something, and you’re punishment isn’t too draconian.
I’m just waiting for the draw and quarter them, stretch them on a rack, or they should be crucified in front of the stadium crowd to chime in.

• Haha
Reactions: AtlantaLion
I have questions about this too. I get it, kids will be kids, especially with limited social interaction and the structure of formal school/practices, but why are these guys all getting nabbed by the PD? Are they just smoking in their rooms all over the place and getting narced on? Smoking in the middle of campus, popping LSD tablets in Atherton? If I am franklin, I guess im pissed my team clearly has a drug issue currently, but I am more concerned they are all dumb enough to get caught in this day and age. I mean, sh*t, take edibles and leave em in your room when you are not high, who even smokes weed anymore?
Would it really shock anyone if they were getting snitched on? My understanding is that the campuses are encouraging it. The cops should have better things to do but considering they run around giving fines to people for not wearing masks outside it really shouldn't surprise anyone they want to make some money off of this.

No, I don't. Are you making the case that top level football players at places like Alabama and LSU do NOT smoke weed? Nobody believes that, they all do, just in a lot of schools and programs you don't get into trouble for it and the coach buries it. Why do you think guys from other programs fail the NFL combine drug test. Weed is rampant for kids of this age demographic, non-athletes and athletes alike, especially at college. This is in no way a Penn State problem.......I will admit, these guys getting caught does seem to be a penn state problem.

I agree with most of what you said.

I guess my dissapoint comes from the Caden Wallace, Ford, and Hardy.....those guys have a legitimate shot at serious PT and this is the decisions they make. I do know that 5 stars don't want to play with dummies.

The Tank Smiths of the world can smoke until they can't see.....they affect nothing.

Lots of players at lots of other big-time football schools routinely get popped for small possession. We just don't remember it because it's a complete non-issue.

On the other hand, I would wager to guess that a player who gets busted at a school like the ones you mentioned are getting busted by the local PD. At Penn State, it's a bit of a curious paradox where the campus PD is much more draconian than the State College borough PD.

This, of course, could be corrected in an instant if University Park, as an autonomous municipality with its own police force, followed State College borough's lead and decriminalized small possession. Until that happens, small possession is still a misdemeanor on campus, but a parking ticket if you walk across College Avenue.

And oh by the way.....I would love some, but don't go that route because it is AGAINST THE LAW. So until it isn't against the law or against the rules, it is dumb and puts your team in a bad position.

If we do play this year we won't have the 1st half of the Fresno State game to suspend them for. Sure would hate for the schedule to say we have to go to Wisconsin week 1 and not have Dixon, Hardy, or Wallace.

"Next man up" is for quitters and people that get injured, not for people that a making a decision as to what is right and wrong.

I guess my dissapoint comes from the Caden Wallace, Ford, and Hardy.....those guys have a legitimate shot at serious PT and this is the decisions they make. I do know that 5 stars don't want to play with dummies.

The Tank Smiths of the world can smoke until they can't see.....they affect nothing.
I'll bet you a water pipe from Jamaica Junction that Caedan Wallace, Devyn Ford, and Daequan Hardy's playing times will not be affected one iota by anything related to this.

Reactions: Ski
Lots of players at lots of other big-time football schools routinely get popped for small possession. We just don't remember it because it's a complete non-issue.

On the other hand, I would wager to guess that a player who gets busted at a school like the ones you mentioned are getting busted by the local PD. At Penn State, it's a bit of a curious paradox where the campus PD is much more draconian than the State College borough PD.

This, of course, could be corrected in an instant if University Park, as an autonomous municipality with its own police force, followed State College borough's lead and decriminalized small possession. Until that happens, small possession is still a misdemeanor on campus, but a parking ticket if you walk across College Avenue.

Anyone have a list of Ohio State players that have gotten popped for small amounts possession?

Yeah, certainly disappointing, but again, there is no season or playing-time to speak of right now. Not excusing their behavior, but these guys smoke weed, they do. I was a D1 athlete and it was apart of my locker-room too. A lot of these kids have been smoking since high school or earlier. Now, when they have a season to play, rigorous coursework, and practice, I think these guys probably abstain, they just don't have the time to sit around and smoke weed all day and they are probably undergoing NCAA mandated drug tests, but that just is'nt the environment theses days. They need to be punished and Franklin should make these players submit to drug testing more often(he can do that), but if this is a first time offense for these guys, considering the circumstance, no reason to bury them considering the crazy times right now. Now again, I don't understand why they keep getting caught. It sounds crazy, but maybe Franklin knows he has a little problem with MJ on the team and is asking the college PD to keep an eye on these guys in an effort to root it out. Sounds nuts, but MY coach employed the strategy when a teamates jilted girlfriend sent an anonoymous email to our coach telling him that we all do drugs on the regular.

Anyone have a list of Ohio State players that have gotten popped for small amounts possession?

No, the coaches and cops in those towns don't let this sh*t see the light of day, we do at PSU though, success with honor.

I'll bet you a water pipe from Jamaica Junction that Caedan Wallace, Devyn Ford, and Daequan Hardy's playing times will not be affected one iota by anything related to this.

Franklin usually doesn't let things slide so I am guessing they will get some kind of punishment, especially Ford.

You also have to believe they aren't obtaining medical cards so they are getting it the old fashion way and sometimes the old fashion way is done by shady characters who will do shady things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT