ADVERTISEMENT

Foley's Friday Mailbag for 8/11/17

two things I learned...

1) no longer recruit kids from Jersey
2) he missed a great opportunity to talk about womens wrestling
3) he must be busy this week cuz that might be one of the shortest ball bags in recent memory and there is a ton to talk about that he didnt.

Reactions: jschrantz
two things I learned...

1) no longer recruit kids from Jersey
2) he missed a great opportunity to talk about womens wrestling
3) he must be busy this week cuz that might be one of the shortest ball bags in recent memory and there is a ton to talk about that he didnt.

Yea, Maybe he doesn't know about a certain event approaching in 2 weeks, despite a few sentences about Worlds that's terrible

The more I read Foley, the more I can't stand him. In the beginning, he was fairly unbiased and informative. Now? He's going down this rabbit hole where he can do things Steve Bannon is supposed to be good at. He works for UWW who's corruption has been CONFIRMED, and yet he has the ability to stand on some moral pedestal with regards to every other wrestling organization and persons that aren't associated with the editing team of UWW's social media arm.

I wouldn't put much stock in his NJ kids transfer home rationale, he doesn't even know that the real name is Taylor Ham!

I wouldn't put much stock in his NJ kids transfer home rationale, he doesn't even know that the real name is Taylor Ham!
I would have found his Suriano write-up unobjectionable if he had omitted that one paragraph.

But he just couldn't help himself, had to fall back to his habit of substituting personal experience, no matter if relevant or obsolete, for real data ... or at least not cross checking vs. other anecdotal info.

For every NJ wrestler who left Foley's Virginia team to go home -- however long ago, and how many could that have possibly been? four? -- there are multiple Molinaros, Burroughses, Greens, McKennas, McFaddens, Caldwells, Moccos, Reys, etc., who did not.

Not to mention a few Lawsons who transferred out of NJ.

But don't believe me, instead ask one very basic question: if there are so many transfers back to NJ, then where are their AAs, champs, banners, and rings?

Campolattano, Mario Mason, and Dan White were all top 20ish recruits in recent years who left the state for college and ended up transferring back to Rutgers. I believe they had a combined zero All American finishes while competing on the banks of the Raritan.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Campolattano, Mario Mason, and Dan White were all top 20ish recruits in recent years who left the state for college and ended up transferring back to Rutgers. I believe they had a combined zero All American finishes while competing on the banks of the Raritan.
... and Campolattano left Columbus under less than ideal circumstances. Rutgers was more of a safety net than a destination.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT