ADVERTISEMENT

Foley's Friday Mailbag for 12/30/16

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
a question and answer about Mark Hall, and and answer that includes Ruth and DT in it.

For those keeping track, this is week 13, and despite promises he tweeted, no response to Flo's article about Olympic reffing corruption from Foley.

You can view the Mailbag at THIS LINK.

Guess a few of the girls avoided that in favor of taking a deep right getting ko'd instead of tapping out.
And now leaving the arena myself....whatever Ronda knew.....she forgot to actually block even one punch. Her corner seems to be worse than her. Not a clue.

NEXT!!

Good. She's a bully and a dumbass. The sad thing is she might harm herself - that first loss really messed her up. Who knows what will happen now

Would make for a good come back story if she drove her lamborghini at a high rate of speed to some classic 80s jam, followed by announcing she is going to Russia to train for 3 months in the snow and come back for the fight of the century over easter weekend.

Otherwise she will only be turtles love interest to me.

Good. She's a bully and a dumbass. The sad thing is she might harm herself - that first loss really messed her up. Who knows what will happen now
She may be a bully, but I would never call her dumb. Prior to reading this discussion, if you would have asked me to name two female MMA fighters, my answer would have been, "Rhonda Rousey."

Today, I can name Nunes, but by next week, will have forgotten her name. With very smart marketing and promotion, Rhonda has set herself up very well. Perhaps even that bullying was part of the marketing and promotion. I really have no idea, as I've just told you everything I know about women's MMA.

She may be a bully, but I would never call her dumb. Prior to reading this discussion, if you would have asked me to name two female MMA fighters, my answer would have been, "Rhonda Rousey."

Today, I can name Nunes, but by next week, will have forgotten her name. With very smart marketing and promotion, Rhonda has set herself up very well. Perhaps even that bullying was part of the marketing and promotion. I really have no idea, as I've just told you everything I know about women's MMA.
Dana White was smart enough to market her. Half her fights were against part time fighters pulled from the streets. He duped the general public making her something she was/is not. That something was/is a world class MMA fighter. She was one hell of judoka but not a greatest ever mma fighter. Smoke and mirrors

Dana White was smart enough to market her. Half her fights were against part time fighters pulled from the streets. He duped the general public making her something she was/is not. That something was/is a world class MMA fighter. She was one hell of judoka but not a greatest ever mma fighter. Smoke and mirrors
You are making my point. Even if someone else was pulling the strings, she was letting them be pulled. If you are right (and I assume you are) she didn't have the talent to make that much money, without marketing it. Smoke and mirrors for a $4.1MM net worth at 29.

You are making my point. Even if someone else was pulling the strings, she was letting them be pulled. If you are right (and I assume you are) she didn't have the talent to make that much money, without marketing it. Smoke and mirrors for a $4.1MM net worth at 29.
No doubt she made and will make money, but I'm a fan. i do not care about how much money fighters make. I like or dislike figjters based on 2 things. The way they perform in the ring and how they handle themselves outside of it. Rousey is a tool outside the ring so i have always rooted against her. She is a punk and now has 2 impressive beat downs.

I'll give Rousey her props in that she definitely elevated women's mma and ran her division for a while (maybe not the greatest strikers but she absolutely did beat good competition) I think Amanda Nunez is about to do what Rhonda did the last couple of years but be more of a complete package while doing so

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT