ADVERTISEMENT

FLU Bug hits MSU

Well that's just a darn shame.
**** em

giphy.gif

Not so good for the Franklin defenders. If true, and Penn State loses to a flu ravaged Michigan State team missing around 20 players…….. 😳. ;)
Walk-ons or all of their scholarship QBs?

The Franklin derangement crowd will always have an excuse for any success. Of course, the same crowd will accept no excuse for failure. It’s who they are.
Is there any room for those of us who appreciate him in general but see no excuse for losing to Illinois this year and have a hard time justifying other losses against overmatched teams or a specific team when leading by two scores late in the fourth?

As I’ve said, I don’t want to run him out of town but I don’t know that I’d mind seeing him go as I believe he’s peaked at PSU. I’d be more than ecstatic to be proved wrong, tho.

Is there any room for those of us who appreciate him in general but see no excuse for losing to Illinois this year and have a hard time justifying other losses against overmatched teams or a specific team when leading by two scores late in the fourth?

As I’ve said, I don’t want to run him out of town but I don’t know that I’d mind seeing him go as I believe he’s peaked at PSU. I’d be more than ecstatic to be proved wrong, tho.
Like much else in life, it’s so polarized that the reasonable middle gets ignored or painted with the same wide brush as the extreme positions.

Why would the committee care if we win or lose. We have been out of the playoffs since mid season. Bottom half the top 25 is meaningless to them especially at the end of the season.
The Franklin-Bots will hate this but We Are Not nationally relevant this season.

Reactions: Psugo823

That’s a reasonable position. I don’t believe that he’s “peaked”, but time will tell.

Reactions: bison13
Outside of 4 possibly 6 teams in the top 10 NO ONE IS at this point in the season. Its the design of the system.
Really? At this point in the season? Yea right now we are talking about the Elite 8 time period in the NCAA tournament, of course there are only 4-6 teams left at this point in the season.

Rutgers was unable to take advantage of the same situation affecting PSU last weekend. I don't expect it to advantage us either.

I'd like this team to be in the top 25, send the seniors away with a token
I’m sure you are being sarcastic but man, when we talk about giving Penn State Football players a participation trophy, you know the quality and the toughness of the program has really plummeted.

Reactions: zubrus1 and psu00
Read a story on social media that MSU is battling FLU bug among their team. Could be w/out as many as 20 players, including 6-8 starters, some of whom are injured.

The “flu bug” was named Ohio State.

I have a hunch if they would have won last week instead of being woodshedded by halftime, they would have come into this game healthy as a horse.

In today’s college football world, kids have been programmed to find ways to quit and pull out of Bowl Games if they are any good. That’s why “New Year’s 6” games don’t mean crap anymore because many squads show up without their best players. I don’t know if a school like Michigan has fielded a full roster for a Bowl game since Harbaugh’s been there.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I’m sure you are being sarcastic but man, when we talk about giving Penn State Football players a participation trophy, you know the quality and the toughness of the program has really plummeted.
Trust me, im not saying that, im not a snowflake. I just think it would be nice to finish ranked and take some momentum into the bowl and off-season. Guys like Dotson deserve that, only if they can earn it.

Reactions: bison13 and psu00
Outside of 4 possibly 6 teams in the top 10 NO ONE IS at this point in the season. Its the design of the system.
That’s probably a little low of an estimate, but what is really wrong with it? Is it boohoo, my team isn’t really that good, but I want to be included?

I dislike the idea of rewarding multiple time failures or increasing rewards to fill quotas.

Let’s make a bet on this game. If penn state wins you leave board. If Msu wins I leave
Let's do something else. You make an actual counter argument to my facts, and not act like a petulant child because your coach is a failure.

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT