ADVERTISEMENT

Florida St 13. Georgia Tech 16. Final.

Gonna be fun to see GT actually threaten ACC teams now that they ditched Paul Johnson and the Triple Option. True Fr. QB made some bad decisions but hes got some real potential.

I turned it off. I thought Tech was dead. So much for that.
Coach Norvell certainly did not win many fans in his first game at Fla State.

Sorry i stopped watching the game. Was it disappointing in the fan sections?
Is it possible that that the players in the game, whether it be the COVID-19 or the BLM situation just don't give a shit? Just wondering.

Maybe fsu is missing the barrens’ got-this-ness. They create such an aura, or something.

Eric-Molly-Barron-02-mw-091512.jpg

Sorry i stopped watching the game. Was it disappointing in the fan sections?
Is it possible that that the players in the game, whether it be the COVID-19 or the BLM situation just don't give a shit? Just wondering.

I think FSU just isn’t as talented as we usually expect them to be. They’re like Miami now sort of floundering the last few years.

IIRC they even blocked 2 GT FGs and an extra point tonight. FSU fumbled late and Tech recovered leading to the winning FG with a few minutes to go. They stopped FSU on 4th down with a minute plus to go to get the win.

Is that Barron both cultural appropriation of native Americans while at the same time disrespecting them by wearing face paint. He should be fired for that misdeed.

How does he and his wife get away with the hair band and the face paint?

Has anyone brought this up before?

Have they apologized for their hurtful behavior?

Did they think such insensitive action would be ignored due To the passage of time?

I am shocked, and appalled.

I think FSU just isn’t as talented as we usually expect them to be. They’re like Miami now sort of floundering the last few years.

IIRC they even blocked 2 GT FGs and an extra point tonight. FSU fumbled late and Tech recovered leading to the winning FG with a few minutes to go. They stopped FSU on 4th down with a minute plus to go to get the win.
This can't be so. FB players from Florida are better than FB players from everywhere else, especially Pennsylvania!

It's always a good day when FSU loses (unless it is to ND or Michigan)....
2 straight opening days where they have lost at home to true freshman QBs against programs that are of lower tier status (at least in perception)

Is that Barron both cultural appropriation of native Americans while at the same time disrespecting them by wearing face paint. He should be fired for that misdeed.
He was fired than hired by PSU to be the OG BOT's puppet yes man. He's done a complete 180 since his face paint days running a major university with transparent cultural sensitivity and diversity.

I am offended! He is trying to usurp native history and culture! He must due public penance!! He must state how terrible white people are and how we abused the poor native Americans and we must now make reparations and put native americans on the Boards of the biggest corporations in the US no matter what their educational or experience level to help alleviate some of our White guilt!

I turned it off. I thought Tech was dead. So much for that.
Coach Norvell certainly did not win many fans in his first game at Fla State.
Love to see FSU lose, Norvell came to the state, I live here, and talked like he invented the game, tough guy. Now, if we can't have Redskins, why are they the Seminoles?

Reactions: odshowtime
Proof positive that simply being a big time program surrounded by lots of talent doesn't guarantee winning.

Coaching matters. Culture matters. Even though I think Taggart was a poor choice from the get-go, there are some serious culture issues in that program that he couldn't overcome. I think Norvell is pretty solid and will make things respectable again. But he's got to change the culture first.

Those Florida schools are littered with a combination of off-the-field issues and more than a few head cases.

The ACC is too shitty for a good coach not to get them back on track. They'll lose to Clemson and Florida every year, but nobody else on their typical schedule is any good.

Reactions: BBrown and BrucePa
Love to see FSU lose, Norvell came to the state, I live here, and talked like he invented the game, tough guy. Now, if we can't have Redskins, why are they the Seminoles?

The Seminole nation is good with the name and the way the school portrays them. IIRC, the university consults them on the mascot and pregame displays. Without the support of the actual Seminoles, the name would be gone.

Reactions: BBrown and Sproul
What a dogshit conference the ACC is. I hope everyone starts playing soon because the games yesterday made it clear we need everyone playing. GameDay was tough to watch too, they didn't have enough to talk about. So they start hyping UNC (lol) as a major opponent for Notre Lame. Laughable.

Reactions: Locolion

Because the Seminole Nation gave their blessing to FSU. They are ok with it.
And really you can’t see the difference in being called a Seminole and a Redskin?

Reactions: NittanyIllinois
ADVERTISEMENT