ADVERTISEMENT

Flo Rankings 2019-2020

flo also has Colbrey ranked above Shak at 184 even though Shak Pinned Colbrey in 45 seconds at the southern scuffle
I'm ok with it. Shak's last two losses count, despite the circumstances, and one was a loss to Geer, who Colbray beat. Imo, a healthy Shak will be favored over a healthy Colbray, regardless of rankings.

HTH is very important, I agree, so is what-have-you-done-for-me-lately.

149 appears very deep with a lot of quality wrestlers .... but if Verk has his A-game this season, he can march up thru the rankings.

Surprised FLO found a spot in the Top 10 for Rasheed (eye roll).

I can hear the moans from Iowa City for ranking Warnerov (7) lower than Conel (3).

Berge (5) ranking at 157 may be a reflection of his U23 WTT freestyle title?

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Surprised FLO found a spot in the Top 10 for Rasheed (eye roll).

Don't worry, he'll be out of top 10 soon enough once the 5 guys ahead of him start losing. Last year he started at 5 I think, and was at 9 I believe without taking a loss :):)

In all seriousness though, I do think Spey did a pretty good job for the initial rankings.

Reactions: diggerpup
Yea not sure how verk isn’t viewed as a top 25 wrestler even without big wins last year.

He hasn't ever beaten a guy in top 25..until he gets some wins, can't just move up because we know he's good..has to prove himself.

Last year he had 6 losses
Per wrestlestat..

#1 Micah Jordan lost 10-8
#16 Gfeller lost 3-2
# 29 Ziovistoski lost by fall
#18 Berge lost 3-2
#12 Artalona lost 4-2
#50 Amine lost 7-5

He has one win against top 50 opponent..#45 Milner won 7-4

What does all this tell us? Only that he's right there with the best guys. I'm confident with another year in the room, he will improve. That being said, can't complain with this pre season ranking

If Shak's healthy, there's no one that's beating him other than Zahid..needs to stay healthy and it will take care of itself. Praying for a healthy year for this kid
Darmstadt beat him 8-4 two years ago.

Hopefully that result gets reversed this year if they meet.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Assuming everyone goes, and there's no 6th years, three weight classes will lose much more top end talent than the other seven.

174 has 15 total Seniors in the top-25, including the top-4, 11 of the top 12, and 11 of the top 15.

165 has 15 total Seniors in the top-25, including 8 of the top 10, and 12 of the top 16.

149 has 15 total Seniors in the top-25, including 6 of the top 10.

The next highest weight class, seniors-wise, is 197, with 10 in the top-25.

It's early, and while the pre-season rankings are the least accurate of the year, the numbers are surprising.

Last edited:
Reactions: Str8DBLz
if i recall correctly, flo does college rankings as mostly 'what have you done?' rather than 'what do we expect you to do?', so that could explain the relatively plentiful seniors

A lot of respect for Berge, which is nice. No respect for Sugar, which is not.

I'm in the camp that Rasheed still needs to prove that he is top tier. To date, he has wrestled 10 matches where his opponent was ranked in the top 10. He has only won 2 of them. He is talented enough to move up the rankings, but 4-6 seems fair for now.

125: NR
133: 6
141: 2
149: NR
157: 5
165: 1
174: 1
184: 6
197: 3
285: 1
Team: 1
mike_evans.0.jpg