ADVERTISEMENT

Flo not covering BigTen

Whaaaaaaaat

You mean not covering the conference championships? Or just ignoring the strongest conference in the sport?

Reactions: Creek Side
Not televising the matches I believe. BTN will have them.

If flo stops having streaming content, then yeah, I might rethink it too.

So now I’ll have to pay for BTN Go if I want to stream (if I’m away from home)?

oh nice, a fan! Appreciate every listener! altho I'm not sure how you can make that the title fo the thread when I literally say on the podcast that Flo is not going to stop covering the Big Ten. We cover every conference!

And of course I'm biased but I still think Flo is by far the best value for a subscription for wrestling fans. the duals we simul-cast with BTN+ were but a small fraction of our offerings. I'd go on but I don't want to make this a sales pitch. Thanks again for listening!

Reactions: tombrosious
oh nice, a fan! Appreciate every listener! altho I'm not sure how you can make that the title fo the thread when I literally say on the podcast that Flo is not going to stop covering the Big Ten. We cover every conference!

And of course I'm biased but I still think Flo is by far the best value for a subscription for wrestling fans. the duals we simul-cast with BTN+ were but a small fraction of our offerings. I'd go on but I don't want to make this a sales pitch. Thanks again for listening!
That is all I was referring to. I personally liked the fact that Flo had the matches since the bigten network isn't focused on wrestling and almost always has a bball game on pre-match that makes one nervous of running late.

Doubt you need it. Just buy the subscription to BTN+
Even if they did require you to have BTN channel first just grab YouTubeTV for the wrestling months.
To get btn plus you must enter a cable provider. I'll have to look into youtube as an option. Thanks.

YoutubeTV is still not available in some regions, but I have it and have used it as my "cable provider" in the past. See which variety has the lowest price for BTN between Youtube, Hulu, or Sling.
Youtube allows you to share with 5 people, so perhaps you can split it with a friend....

The reason I subscribed to Flo was to watch PSU meets coupled with the additional content....but the biggest reason was the matches that weren't on regular BTN.

Do you have the rights to show them after the match is complete or is this not feasible?

If this is true and finalized, then this is a huge blow to Flowrestling in terms of NCAA live action in my opinion. They are basically down to EIWAs and I can think of like four teams maybe (NDSU, Iowa State, Northern Iowa, South Dakota State) that have their home duals on Flo. Cliff Keen and some other tournaments throughout the year. Somebody can correct me if I am wrong and add to that list.

For $150 a year their live coverage is basically going to be primarily high school, right? Along with technique corners, videos (PSU doc, etc.), and premium articles.

That is a tough sell for me. That is also a tough sell for wrestling fans I would have to think who now have matches on Flosports, ESPN+, Trackwrestling, BTN+, the site that is now hosting the Nolf/Oliver, on top of any individual schools who wants to do their own streaming for a fee.

YouTube TV has BTN so I can get BTN+, as well as the ACC Network. Of course there are a handful of freestyle tournaments that I would like to see on Flo that I don't, but not worth $150.

BTN+ is so much better than Flo. You get wrestling (best conference in the country), hockey (best conference in the country), and women’s volleyball (best conference in the country).
And best of all... I’ve been watching BTN+ since day 1, and zero times have I seen the dreaded “We Apologize for the Interruption. We will return momentarily.”

For people interested in more than wrestling, BTN+ can't be beat. You can choose just PSU ($9.99/month) or all conference ($14.99/month). If you are a die-hard wrestler fan and want international and high school coverage, it is not for you though.

Reactions: liex26
Thanks for the heads up, cancelled my subscription which was almost due.

Do you have the rights to show them after the match is complete or is this not feasible?
Unfortunately not, altho last season BTN made a much larger effort to put dual meets up on YouTube so perhaps that will extend to the matches that were on BTN+ too now.

A lot of unknowns going into this next season but there will still be quite a lot of college wrestling on Flo. Reno TOC, CKLV, Southern Scuffle, EIWAs, will need to double check on Midlands, Black Knight Invite, Daktronics, plus many other tournaments, plus as many dual meets as we can get.

And of course the high school and USA Wrestling senior-level events plus, all the films, technique, rankings, and other stuff on site.

Also keep in mind that the money Flo was spending for the rights to co-stream the BTN+ content will now be redirected elsewhere, such as July 25th event David Taylor is participating. FloSports is still going to invest heavily in the sport of wrestling.

Sorry, couldn't help but got into sales pitch mode. I was bummed about losing the BTN+ content but I am very optimistic about the future of the site and the value our subscription brings to wrestling fans.

Unfortunately not, altho last season BTN made a much larger effort to put dual meets up on YouTube so perhaps that will extend to the matches that were on BTN+ too now.

A lot of unknowns going into this next season but there will still be quite a lot of college wrestling on Flo. Reno TOC, CKLV, Southern Scuffle, EIWAs, will need to double check on Midlands, Black Knight Invite, Daktronics, plus many other tournaments, plus as many dual meets as we can get.

And of course the high school and USA Wrestling senior-level events plus, all the films, technique, rankings, and other stuff on site.

Also keep in mind that the money Flo was spending for the rights to co-stream the BTN+ content will now be redirected elsewhere, such as July 25th event David Taylor is participating. FloSports is still going to invest heavily in the sport of wrestling.

Sorry, couldn't help but got into sales pitch mode. I was bummed about losing the BTN+ content but I am very optimistic about the future of the site and the value our subscription brings to wrestling fans.

not big on the content rights issues, but I would think Big would be happy to allow Flo to show everything live but not hold the rights long term... something like that. More BigTen action being watched is a good thing

I am clearly not a normal person........That said.....I currently pay for FLO, ESPN+, Rokfin and BTN+. It has covered most of the content I want to watch. If they want to reduce or Eliminate certain venues....I will rethink.....but for now....I'm Good. Not Smart.....just good

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT