ADVERTISEMENT

Flo Fargo list of kids who can improve their stock/ongoing Fargo thread

Nick Lee (Junior 138)
Joe Lee (Junior 152)
Adam Busiello (Cadet 113)

Hoping Nick matches up with Gfeller at some point

Jason Bryant‏@jasonmbryant 11h11 hours ago

PA’s lead in the all-time Cadet Greco-Roman medals was cut by five. PA has 345, IL is 2nd with 281. #Fargo2016 IL with 16 AA’s this year

Illinois is a top-5 state (raw numbers) at NCAA's too, based on number of Qualifiers and AA's.

Not on Willie's list, but this can't hurt his college prospects: Miles Lee from Philly Beat the Streets took 3rd in JR Greco.

Busiello has looked rather ordinary this tournament. He's now puking on the side of the mat, so that may explain that.

Busiello has looked rather ordinary this tournament. He's now puking on the side of the mat, so that may explain that.

I thought he was going to puke on the mat. Maybe he is secretly a republican staffer and just flew in from cleveland. Nonetheless his illness appears to be more than a sniffle and he is "gutting" it out regardless. I like a guy like that.

Reactions: tikk10
I thought he was going to puke on the mat. Maybe he is secretly a republican staffer and just flew in from cleveland. Nonetheless his illness appears to be more than a sniffle and he is "gutting" it out regardless. I like a guy like that.
Was this after his 6-5 match? I can only follow on track

How many more matches to gut out today? Perhaps another night of rest if he can hold on today.

Last edited:
Was this after his 6-5 match? I can only follow on track

How many more matches to gut out today? Perhaps another night of rest if he can hold on today.

The puking was during his first match against Coapstick (TX), where he wound up winning 10-6, giving up 4 points (I think) post-puke. He then tech'd Halal (NJ) and then edged Lucero (CO) 6-5, which I didn't see. Faces Xavier Rico (AZ) next.

^^^For anyone that may be confused, the previous 3 posts were in reference to PSU commit Adam Busiello who appears to be wrestling ill in addition to having a well-wrapped knee.

(edit: missed blocked users posts for context)

Last edited:
Busiello on deck on Mat 10.

Up 6-0 and he's in injury time again puking.

Another single and it's 8-0 at end of period.

Counter to a sloppy shot ends it, 10-0.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Watched the Wittlake matches on Flo. Relaxed clinical destruction.

agreed.

Wittlake is in the top half of the bracket. If he wins his semi, he may well face Devin Winston (MO), who has looked great in the bottom half of the bracket (12-0 TF, 11-0 TF, Pin in 0:36, Pin in 1:44).

FULL COURT PRESS !!! I STILL WANT DAVID CARR MORE !!!

PS, Wittlake won Greco as well. And we're not talking about him much, or at all, but Raimo won Greco and is destroying freestyle as well.

Hhe won Greco last year too, then lost in the quarters in FS. Kid's seriously dedicated because that's a lot of wrestling. Noticed too that he went 160 in GR but 170 in FS this year.

PS, Wittlake won Greco as well. And we're not talking about him much, or at all, but Raimo won Greco and is destroying freestyle as well.
YES I STRONGLY AGREE...FULL COURT PRESS ON DAVID CARR...OFFER HIM WHATEVER HE WANTS...THIS YOUNG MAN IS GOING TO BE GREAT !!!!

Seems like we're in on Wittlake, Beard, and Berge. Singletary? Seems like we're destined to land 1 or 2 of these guys for 184/197.

Hhe won Greco last year too, then lost in the quarters in FS. Kid's seriously dedicated because that's a lot of wrestling. Noticed too that he went 160 in GR but 170 in FS this year.
tikk, your comment got me thinking...wrestling has become a 12-month adventure for high-school'ers, and even younger kids, with all the camps and summer tournaments. At what point is it too much?

I know it's somewhat unrelated...Cael is very aware of this for his wrestlers and does a great job keeping the guys "fresh".

tikk, your comment got me thinking...wrestling has become a 12-month adventure for high-school'ers, and even younger kids, with all the camps and summer tournaments. At what point is it too much?

I know it's somewhat unrelated...Cael is very aware of this for his wrestlers and does a great job keeping the guys "fresh".
I hear ya. I don't want to suggest that there's a burn out point with respect to any particular wrestler because what do I know? But it's not like everyone hasn't seen examples of incredibly driven kids hitting the wall, often, as it later turns out, because the parents are living through the kids and doing too much of the driving. But I've also seen kids who are entirely self-motivated without much pushing from the parents. A nonstop year of successfully switching between folk and FS seems like a full enough plate to me--amazing to top that off with consecutive Greco titles at the cadet level.

I hear ya. I don't want to suggest that there's a burn out point with respect to any particular wrestler because what do I know? But it's not like everyone hasn't seen examples of incredibly driven kids hitting the wall, often, as it later turns out, because the parents are living through the kids and doing too much of the driving. But I've also seen kids who are entirely self-motivated without much pushing from the parents. A nonstop year of successfully switching between folk and FS seems like a full enough plate to me--amazing to top that off with consecutive Greco titles at the cadet level.

I think you and Roar both touch on key points here. One, wrestling year round demonstrates that kids are capable of the grind and work required to be a successful D1 wrestler. But the motivation has to come from the athlete. In HS they should be capable of making decisions about the amount of work they are willing to put in to achieve the amount of success they want. It's important that they are capable of doing this, because they also need to be capable of deciding when they need a break.

Busiello is in the quarters and faces North Dakota state champ Kyle Burwick, who went Bye, 10-0, 10-0, 12-7. Not sure when quarters start but they're running consis right now, and the quarters are going to be on 8 mats, so they should go fast.

EDIT: quarters start at 10:30 EST (10 min from now) on mats 1, 6-12.

SECOND EDIT: Flo appears to have lied to me, they're running consis on those same mats and those will take awhile.

Last edited:
He's sick, and it's a long bus ride, yet he keeps winning. Fargo must not have average officials.

Reactions: SRATH
Effin Flo killing me here. Was fine all morning, then logged me out as soon as the Busiello match started and won't let me back in. Different authentication error each time.

Flo back, 8-4. The bucket did indeed made an appearance. Bucket dark horse for OW if Busiello can run the table.

Then Flo died again. But track says 8-6 final.

Flo.... smh

Dont think Busiello will win his next match like this. The Illinois kid is pretty damn good. If he loses, he should just default out. Dude has heart.

Flo.... smh

Dont think Busiello will win his next match like this. The Illinois kid is pretty damn good. If he loses, he should just default out. Dude has heart.
He has proven his heart already, but IF he has a virus and is running a temp, he should already be out of the loop. Why give it to everyone else?

ADVERTISEMENT