ADVERTISEMENT

Flo’s lawsuit against Willie and Rokfin

That's well-intentioned but I don't think that argument is getting Flo anywhere, even though they'll continue to make it. You could practically hear the judge rolling her eyes at all the whining about "internet trolls." So long as Willie, at this injunction phase at least, isn't shown to be flouting the injunction by coordinating, participating it, soliciting, etc., negative Flo sentiment online (which arguably), I doubt it matters at all. Willie has no control over what others post.

I'm shocked that a legitimate business would be so petty. I made my way through that first 3 hours. FLO Karen looks like someone that is being forced to make these arguments. Tying up court time and resources in these times with such childish bullshit is almost criminal. "he retweeted about a FLO employee that beat his wife at a FLO event" "he tweeted a a photo of a cord being cut during our broadcast saying he didn't do it" "Crystal Ball is a moniker - he wrote crystal ball" "he tweeted GREATEST "brain emoji" in "wrestling emoji"". What an embarrassment for FLO. Mark Floreani needs to get a life. You can tell that Martin was the wrestler and Mark the distance runner. Settle it on the mat between the 2 brothers. I'd pay to see that!

Reactions: nerfstate
I'm shocked that a legitimate business would be so petty. I made my way through that first 3 hours. FLO Karen looks like someone that is being forced to make these arguments. Tying up court time and resources in these times with such childish bullshit is almost criminal. "he retweeted about a FLO employee that beat his wife at a FLO event" "he tweeted a a photo of a cord being cut during our broadcast saying he didn't do it" "Crystal Ball is a moniker - he wrote crystal ball" "he tweeted GREATEST "brain emoji" in "wrestling emoji"". What an embarrassment for FLO. Mark Floreani needs to get a life. You can tell that Martin was the wrestler and Mark the distance runner. Settle it on the mat between the 2 brothers. I'd pay to see that!
Wrestling should be a legal form of binding arbitration. Would have saved Zain from lawyer fees, at least (and I bet Zain easily beats Koll).

Reactions: Raw Daddy
Is Flo Karen a mother? Trying to determine if I should be referring to her as a MILF. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: JohnBasedow

I mean, FLO is the most unprofessional business I've come across in a long time. They always have been. It's one of the reasons I have never liked them. That and their bait and switch tactics which are illegal. It's a trash company all around and always has been.

(again) I like flow because I like the sport and there is a lot there... However, they are not doing what they say they want to when they don't mention or update events that they don't cover. What's happening on the 19th?
act small, stay small

Reactions: Fatmarc
(again) I like flow because I like the sport and there is a lot there... However, they are not doing what they say they want to when they don't mention or update events that they don't cover. What's happening on the 19th?
act small, stay small

To be fair, it might crash their servers if they post any content at all that a largeish number of people might want to view at roughly the same time.

Reactions: dbldoofus
After listening to both days of testimony, I think Flo's hidden agenda in seeking an injunction against Willie is to delay the release of the book Willie is rumored to be writing about the Flo business start-up. As with all companies and particularly Tech Start-ups, I would imagine there could be some interesting situations and anecdotes that Flo would prefer to remain private.

After listening to both days of testimony, I think Flo's hidden agenda in seeking an injunction against Willie is to delay the release of the book Willie is rumored to be writing about the Flo business start-up. As with all companies and particularly Tech Start-ups, I would imagine there could be some interesting situations and anecdotes that Flo would prefer to remain private.

I doubt that. Certainly seems to be they are scared of Rokfin (rightfully so based on recent events) and Mark is mad at Martin for starting a competing company. As Martha said in the hearing, Willie is just caught in the middle, although he did likely help to make Rokfin more of a viable threat to them.

I know I was ~50% likely to subscribe to Rokfin before yesterday, and am nearing 90% after yesterday (it will be 100% if NLWC gets the cut of revenue).

I’m hardly a MBA, but I think the Rokfin business model is pretty legit. I would tend to doubt the big tech players won’t just absorb some of the concepts when it’s proven though, which could be problems for Martin. He’s probably banking on an acquisition.
I am the MBA type and I would happily invest in this new Rokfin model to just pay a stipend for Willie to wait for his non-compete to expire and let that fire get bigger and stronger. This would have been the year to do it in hindsight. No NCAAs, no Fargo, no Olympics.

Is it just me or is it hard to stomach watching hours and hours of legal proceedings where 7-8 people have put together massive time and energy into reports/filings (while the world lives in a pandemic) arguing about the rights of some guy from Easton PA to write some wrestling articles. Get those people out in the world contributing to society. Not on some Zoom call arguing what time of day they should be filing documents to appease all parties. What a f’ing world.

Last edited:
SIAP - Looking into Rokfin, I stumbled upon this. I can't believe Willie's lawyer didn't bring it up. Surely it could've wasted 15 minutes before the objection on relevance.

"I've been with Rokfin since day one. The beauty of the platform, and what differentiates it from YouTube, Patreon, etc., is that as the network grows in size and value, I personally get compensated for that growth over time. Additionally, Rokfin provides my company with a level of transparency that I can't get anywhere else."
Ben Askren
Founder of Askren Media

SIAP - Looking into Rokfin, I stumbled upon this. I can't believe Willie's lawyer didn't bring it up. Surely it could've wasted 15 minutes before the objection on relevance.

"I've been with Rokfin since day one. The beauty of the platform, and what differentiates it from YouTube, Patreon, etc., is that as the network grows in size and value, I personally get compensated for that growth over time. Additionally, Rokfin provides my company with a level of transparency that I can't get anywhere else."
Ben Askren
Founder of Askren Media

Is Askren still doing stuff for Rokfin or did Flo put a stop to that once he got on board with them?

I found it quite satisfying logging in to Twitter today and seing Cael promoting a Flo competitor. I wonder if Pyle has a plan?

Flo is going to lose this lawsuit. First, by refusing to engage in mediation, which the judge strongly implied was the right course of action. Secondly, by dumping a 600+ page motion on the defense and judge one minute before the start of today's hearing.

I recommend that Martin and Christine dump their Flo stock before it tanks, as Flo is imploding.

Flo is going to lose this lawsuit. First, by refusing to engage in mediation, which the judge strongly implied was the right course of action. Secondly, by dumping a 600+ page motion on the defense and judge one minute before the start of today's hearing.

I recommend that Martin and Christine dump their Flo stock before it tanks, as Flo is imploding.
That’s such a dick litigator move - goes against all the tenets of collegiality in the Model Rules. Zealous representation does not equal being the biggest douchebag towards the other side

It smacks of the Big Tobacco defense. When discovery is ordered you spam the opponent with a semi-trailer full of documents.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
It's not like he's under house arrest here

I mean wasn’t “live events” the one thing he actually agreed to not do? I guess the argument is that he was just reporting (and providing “editorial content”), and not producing?

I mean wasn’t “live events” the one thing he actually agreed to not do? I guess the argument is that he was just reporting (and providing “editorial content”), and not producing?
It didn’t look like he was doing anything. Was probably just there to find out about October—which is a future wrestling event.

Reactions: Hoosier Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT