ADVERTISEMENT

Flo’s lawsuit against Willie and Rokfin

Embarrassing to watch Kelly Klingseisen stumblebum through her closing statement. Why was the most important part of the trial left to the most inexperienced member of the firm?
Because she is cuter than @FloKaren?
I agree. Listening now. It is painful. Sounds like a college freshman giving her first Speech Comm 101 presentation.

Sorry. i keep asking potentially stupid questions and I really appreciate everybody answering them.

Why is Martin on the zoom call and not Willie? I thought the case was vs. Willie? Is Flo actually going after Rokfin?

I'm definitely not, not sure what the parties expect. Judge probably knows where she's going to land but there's enough complexity here, and Flo evidently litigious enough that she's going to want to spend time on the decision and order to sew up the issues that might form the basis for appeal.

Closing is far less important in a bench trial than a jury trial, in all likelihood the judge has known for a week where she's going. She may refer to the transcript of this closing, but she's not going to be susceptible to slick presentation.
Oh, I agree, but why would Brutacao not do the closing argument? A high school debate team could argue circles around Klingheisen. It's especially frustrating to me as I enjoy hearing oral arguments.

Sorry. i keep asking potentially stupid questions and I really appreciate everybody answering them.

Why is Martin on the zoom call and not Willie? I thought the case was vs. Willie? Is Flo actually going after Rokfin?
The case is Flosports v Rokfin and Saylor.

Reactions: regularfan
Fix your display settings on the power point. This is seriously turning into amateur hour in the closing of the defense.

I think we should have a contest to see who can come up with the best response to this statement ;)
giphy.gif

So no ruling today on the question of liability and damages, like I suggested above would be the case. But relief at least that the injunction is dissolved. It's probably a good sign for Willie and Rokfin that she declined to extend the non-compete, though not necessarily so. Had she agreed to extend it, it would've almost definitely indicated that she was leaning in Flo's direction on the question of liability & damages.

Because she is cuter than @FloKaren?
I agree. Listening now. It is painful. Sounds like a college freshman giving her first Speech Comm 101 presentation.
I remember that class in the summer of 82. My first speech ever was dreadful. Six years later I was speaking in front of 50 executives above my pay grade. It came in handy. Thanks for the reminder lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 82bordeaux
So no ruling today on the question of liability and damages, like I suggested above would be the case. But relief at least that the injunction is dissolved. It's probably a good sign for Willie and Rokfin that she declined to extend the non-compete, though not necessarily so. Had she agreed to extend it, it would've almost definitely indicated that she was leaning in Flo's direction on the question of liability & damages.
I wonder if the judge splits the difference and awards a modest monetary damage, no lawyer fees, and an end to the non compete. My experience in cases like this is no one wins everything if both sides have an honest position. Your thoughts after hearing the case?

I think that you nailed it. In family court both sides leave unhappy with Livingston and Willie Trials does remind me of family court.

Sounds like Willie won from stuff I’m seeing.
Not a surprise

Edit - injunction lifted, but no word on damages.

But as least Willie, like the Kraken, has been unleashed

Last edited:
Embarrassing to watch Kelly Klingseisen stumblebum through her closing statement. Why was the most important part of the trial left to the most inexperienced member of the firm?

I’m not a lawyer but I thought she did fine, except for the stumble when Karen interrupted her by taking herself off mute for no reason.

... and, as many have pointed out, Flo is damaging itself in real ways by virtue of having pettily and vindictively taken it this far, separate and apart from anything traceable to Willie and Rokfin have done.
That’s why in the next lawsuit, Flo will sue itself for damages that were recklessly and churlishly inflicted. They’ll ask for treble attorney fees.

Feels like throughout this long trial, we’ve all become friends with Jammies again. 😱

I took him off ignore, and I’ll admit I enjoyed his commentary

Now if Vodka stops by with his commentary on the trial.....no never mind 😃

I don't get why we can't hear how much $$ Flo has lost. 420 sub canc x $180= $75,600 is public knowledge. I want to hear Flo's reason why Willie, not Covid, is the cause of their loss of revenue.
The number they used was $728,400 in losses due to Willie leaving, which is the equivalent of 4,856 subscriptions. There's only one person in the entire college wrestling industry, IMO, who could cost his old employers nearly 5,000 paying customers by simply moving employers, and, well, this board is presumably hoping it never comes to that.

The number they used was $728,400 in losses due to Willie leaving, which is the equivalent of 4,856 subscriptions. There's only one person in the entire college wrestling industry, IMO, who could cost his old employers nearly 5,000 paying customers by simply moving employers, and, well, this board is presumably hoping it never comes to that.

Flo claims $124000 to lost subscribers and another $15400 to “likely” lost subscribers. So 830 lost subscribers & 100 more likely lost. The majority of the damages claimed was for future lost subscribers at $589000 (3925 subscribers). The damages weren’t discussed in open court other than closing but if I followed Mr Soltaro, Flo is projecting those subscribers over the next 4 years. I’d be interested to know the logic in how they project future lost subscriptions.

Me and a buddy want to start a gofundme for Willie. Any idea how to do one and make sure Willie gets all the Rae Token?

Me and a buddy want to start a gofundme for Willie. Any idea how to do one and make sure Willie gets all the Rae Token?

i'm pretty sure i know how this one ends ;)

i'm pretty sure i know how this one ends ;)

No I actually want Willie to get the money. Just never set one up before so I’m clueless on how to do it.

Flo claims $124000 to lost subscribers and another $15400 to “likely” lost subscribers. So 830 lost subscribers & 100 more likely lost. The majority of the damages claimed was for future lost subscribers at $589000 (3925 subscribers). The damages weren’t discussed in open court other than closing but if I followed Mr Soltaro, Flo is projecting those subscribers over the next 4 years. I’d be interested to know the logic in how they project future lost subscriptions.
I'd also like to know why they are talking over four years, when Willie's non-compete was one year long.

I suspect that most of Flo's lost subscribers were the direct result of their lawsuit against Willie. I think I'll start a poll here to determine the breakdown of why Flo lost subscribers.

Edit: I've never made a poll. Could someone please tell me how to create a poll?

I suspect that most of Flo's lost subscribers were the direct result of their lawsuit against Willie. I think I'll start a poll here to determine the breakdown of why Flo lost subscribers.

Edit: I've never made a poll. Could someone please tell me how to create a poll?

I never signed up for Flo, but if I had I would cancel now.

Does that count?

I wouldn’t think that at all, but maybe I’m way off. How many total Flo subscribers even know about the lawsuit?

I would think covid would have a much bigger impact.

Reactions: Dogwelder
ADVERTISEMENT