ADVERTISEMENT

Flo’s lawsuit against Willie and Rokfin

Great, and congrats @smalls103. Now can I get the judge's opinion?

Do you think the $8 million seems right? At first I figured it was, but that seems like a lot.

I think they showed they were billed $400/hour or something like that. But that's still 20,000 man hours. Which would be the equivalent of 8 people working 2,500 hours, or 62.5 weeks at 40 hours/per week. Can't imagine it was really that much.

Do you think the $8 million seems right? At first I figured it was, but that seems like a lot.

I think they showed they were billed $400/hour or something like that. But that's still 20,000 man hours. Which would be the equivalent of 8 people working 2,500 hours, or 62.5 weeks at 40 hours/per week. Can't imagine it was really that much.
Since when do lawyers only bill for the time spent working?
Please don't tell my wife...and sorry @tikk10 !

• Angry
Reactions: tikk10 and dunkej01

Do you think they only paid attorney fees?

I don't know what other appreciable fees there would be here given that there was no counterclaim, to my recollection anyway. Court filing fees wouldn't amount to that much. Stenographers, sure, but again, a drop in the bucket if you're talking about a seven-figure sum total.

I don't know what other appreciable fees there would be here given that there was no counterclaim, to my recollection anyway. Court filing fees wouldn't amount to that much. Stenographers, sure, but again, a drop in the bucket if you're talking about a seven-figure sum total.

Yeah I’m not a lawyer but I’m not sure how much else there would’ve been if Willie/Rokfin didn’t get anything, other than maybe if they had to pay their attorney fees too. If memory serves they did pay a hefty hourly rate for some “media expert” or something to serve as a witness.

Reactions: tikk10
I thought I remembered a countersuit--but maybe it was just the threat of one.

One time I had to go get deposed in Houston and our attorneys had a hotel suite and we spent the night before eating take out from some fancy restaurant for them to tell me to use the least amount of words possible. I walked out of there and thought to myself that just cost my company 10k.

Reactions: kevin310
One time I had to go get deposed in Houston and our attorneys had a hotel suite and we spent the night before eating take out from some fancy restaurant for them to tell me to use the least amount of words possible. I walked out of there and thought to myself that just cost my company 10k.
Right, but if you used lots of words you risked costing your company far more than $10k.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
The client, who isn't going to flinch about the cost of a steak dinner if they're at the stage of litigation where its employees are being flown in for depositions.
This. Plus these things can be very fluid and complex. No telling the behind the scenes litigative or strategic developments (and atty work) that led up to the anticlimactic deposition prep session.

It’s kind of like trial. What is seen in court is usually just the tip of the iceberg of work that goes on behind the scenes. Most of the work product never sees the light of day.

Reactions: tikk10
ADVERTISEMENT