ADVERTISEMENT

Football Five Nittany Lions with the most to prove this offseason

1. Nice list but how is LB not on the list to prove something, in fact who is going to play LB besides Jacobs?
2. Any WR not named Washington.
3. Will Lee get any faster?
4. Can any TE actually block?
5. How raw is Allar? I personally believe Pribula to be the better QB right now but Allar has #1 Draft Pick potential.

1. Nice list but how is LB not on the list to prove something, in fact who is going to play LB besides Jacobs?
2. Any WR not named Washington.
3. Will Lee get any faster?
4. Can any TE actually block?
5. How raw is Allar? I personally believe Pribula to be the better QB right now but Allar has #1 Draft Pick potential.
1. Certainly a lot of unproven players in the linebacker room but it’s hard to pick just one. Additionally, the guys I did choose for this list are more so in make or break situations imo based off how I view each respective player.

2. Wide receiver room, KLS could definitely be on the list. He would be an “Honorable mention”.

3. Will he get any faster? Great question, I think him dropping a bit of weight from 240 could make a bit of a difference. Him playing at 240 just feels unneeded IMO.

4. Warren looked solid in limited snaps while Strange is probably average. Johnson, however, does tend to struggle. It will be a big key for them obviously in 2022 to improve in that area.

5. Wouldn’t call Allar all that raw but definitely has some points to his game he could refine over the offseason and next season while being a back up. Hard to say imo which one is the better QB now, they’re very different quarterbacks but both have some special abilities. Allar is definitely that special arm talent quarterback Penn State has been looking for, No.1 pick potential, Josh Allen as a passer is a comp I like. Pribula, however, has carries that “IT” factor similarly to Trace.

1. Certainly a lot of unproven players in the linebacker room but it’s hard to pick just one. Additionally, the guys I did choose for this list are more so in make or break situations imo based off how I view each respective player.

2. Wide receiver room, KLS could definitely be on the list. He would be an “Honorable mention”.

3. Will he get any faster? Great question, I think him dropping a bit of weight from 240 could make a bit of a difference. Him playing at 240 just feels unneeded IMO.

5. Wouldn’t call Allar all that raw but definitely has some points to his game he could refine over the offseason and next season while being a back up. Hard to say imo which one is the better QB now, they’re very different quarterbacks but both have some special abilities. Allar is definitely that special arm talent quarterback Penn State has been looking for, No.1 pick potential, Josh Allen as a passer is a comp I like. Pribula, however, has carries that “IT” factor similarly to Trace.
Definitely not arguing but check out what kind of project Allen was in JC. In fact I believe only Wyoming offered him out of JC. A lot of the Mahomes "wow like" throws Allar makes right now will in know way work in the B1G. They look nice on film and show a ton of arm potential but I do feel he is still a project.

Definitely not arguing but check out what kind of project Allen was in JC. In fact I believe only Wyoming offered him out of JC. A lot of the Mahomes "wow like" throws Allar makes right now will in know way work in the B1G. They look nice on film and show a ton of arm potential but I do feel he is still a project.
I can agree to a degree. I guess it depends how you define project. When I think project, I think of a guy who needs, ~ two years of development. I think what would be best for Allar, is probably sitting next year and playing a mop-up role if an opportunity is presented. By 2023, he should be ready to go as the full-time starter.

I can agree to a degree. I guess it depends how you define project. When I think project, I think of a guy who needs, ~ two years of development. I think what would be best for Allar, is probably sitting next year and playing a mop-up role if an opportunity is presented. By 2023, he should be ready to go as the full-time starter.
I can see that, project might have been the wrong word. I guess I couldn't find a word for "those who think he is a better option on Day 1 than Clifford are ****ing nuts". Is there a word for that?

ADVERTISEMENT