ADVERTISEMENT

Five bands that are (were) popular that you can't stand.

Bee Gees
Bruce Springsteen
Any Hair Band
Any Metal Band
All Grunge Band except Soundgarden for some reason I like them.

I forgot to put Bruce on my list. I like some of his songs but for the most part I think he stinks. It’s really his voice I hate. not as bad as Bob Dylan, but close

Def Leppard is the best five man nine arm band in history.

I was referencing pre-arm loss Def Leppard. High N Dry and Pyromania were quality albums, with the latter tilting more toward their 9-armed arena pop-rock future, but still with some quality work.

You may not like their music which I don't..but Steve Perry is perhaps top 2-3 in terms of greatest pure rock voices, up there with Freddie Mercury. Neal Schon was found by Santana at 17 and played in his band. Steve Smith is widely regarded as one of most gifted and versatile drummers in history, particularly by his peers. The fact is that Journey was a supergroup of elite musicians who wanted to make alot of money and they did.

They also wanted to suck, and they did that as well.

Reactions: 83wuzme
1. Nickelback
2. Buck Cherry
3. Creed
4. Beyonce
5. Iggy Australia
6. Blake Shelton
7. Nicki Minaj
8. Toby Keith
9. Luke Bryan
10. Kiss
11. 6ix9ine
12. Souljaboy
13. Lil pump
14. Lil peep
15. Lil yachty
16. Tyga
17. Riff Raff
18. Florida Georgia Line
19. Kenny Chesney
20. Taylor Swift
21. Anyone else I didn't list that sings bro country.
22. Keisha
23. R Kelly
24. Miley Cyrus
25. Justin Beiber

1. Nickelback
2. Buck Cherry
3. Creed
4. Beyonce
5. Iggy Australia
6. Blake Shelton
7. Nicki Minaj
8. Toby Keith
9. Luke Bryan
10. Kiss
11. 6ix9ine
12. Souljaboy
13. Lil pump
14. Lil peep
15. Lil yachty
16. Tyga
17. Riff Raff
18. Florida Georgia Line
19. Kenny Chesney
20. Taylor Swift
22. Keisha
23. R Kelly
24. Miley Cyrus
25. Justin Beiber

Great list but I like to be more inclusive with my lists:

1. Any band/person with Lil in their name
2. Any modern pop country or bro country band
3. Any boy band
4. Any girl band
5. Any top 40 artist in any genre. CORPORATE. WHORES.

That is all. ;)

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Nickelback
Creed

Almost everything that was happening between 1996 and 2001, which were the dark years for American rock

Rush, Kansas, Styx, Pink Floyd (PF is not the worst, but is the most overrated.) Rush is just god awful.

Reactions: Ski
I forgot to add Bryan Adams.

I was most of the way through this thread and thought I was going to be the one that got to list Bryan Adams first but you beat me to it. That guys music is just plain bland.

Reactions: TheGLOV
1. Nickelback
2. Buck Cherry
3. Creed
4. Beyonce
5. Iggy Australia
6. Blake Shelton
7. Nicki Minaj
8. Toby Keith
9. Luke Bryan
10. Kiss
11. 6ix9ine
12. Souljaboy
13. Lil pump
14. Lil peep
15. Lil yachty
16. Tyga
17. Riff Raff
18. Florida Georgia Line
19. Kenny Chesney
20. Taylor Swift
22. Keisha
23. R Kelly
24. Miley Cyrus
25. Justin Beiber
So basically anything after 2000?

So basically anything after 2000?

Nah man, there's some good stuff out there right now, just not the clowns listed above.
1. Alabama Shakes
2. Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats
3. Leon Bridges
4. Odesza
5. Kendrick Lamar
6. Amos Lee
7. Greta Van Fleet
8. Chris Stapleton
9. Just about every EDM dj not named Martin Garrix
10. Tyler the Creator
11. Logic
12. Cudi, even though it's been a minute since he's out out anything as good as before.
13. Jack White

In sure I'm missing a few but the above are who came to my mind first .

Reactions: Kmase21 and BBrown
I was referencing pre-arm loss Def Leppard. High N Dry and Pyromania were quality albums, with the latter tilting more toward their 9-armed arena pop-rock future, but still with some quality work.
The first 2 Leppard albums are awesome. I still listen to them regularly. After that, they went commercial and got soft.

Reactions: TheGLOV
This is an interesting thread. Some bands that I really love as well as bands I just never got both appear here...

Love ‘em...

Pink Floyd
The Clash
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Genesis even with Phil...(Saw his No Jacket Required tour at The Tower. Maybe the best concert I’ve ever seen)
Prince

Leave ‘em...

GNR
U2
Moody Blues
Bruce
Bob Jovi

Country, disco, rap, boy bands, etc not even considered...

If you want to give a little synopsis of why , go for it.. Mine are

1: Guns n Roses. Music wasn't bad until axle started singing. He sounds like somebody is strangling a cat.
2: Metallica. Never liked them and then they went and played with an orchestra. Do you headbang to a orchestra?
3: The Beatles ... They're just horrible.
4: Aerosmith . See above.
5: The Eurythmics, or anything Annie Lenox. Changing the radio station every time I hear her voice.

Honorable mention : KISS. They were horrible but at least they didn't pretend to be in it for anything other than money.

1: Guns n Roses. Music wasn't bad until axle started singing. He sounds like somebody is strangling a cat.
2: Metallica. Never liked them and then they went and played with an orchestra. Do you headbang to a orchestra?
5: The Eurythmics, or anything Annie Lenox. Changing the radio station every time I hear her voice.

Honorable mention : KISS. They were horrible but at least they didn't pretend to be in it for anything other than money.

Am I the only person who can't stand the Doors.

I will say I don’t get the hate for GnR, Prince, and RHCP.

Am I the only person who can't stand the Doors.

I like The Doors but I can understand how some people wouldn't. Their music didn't have a lot of variety in sound. And although Morrisson had a good voice for some songs, he didn't have a kind of voice that was good to be singing every song on every album. Something about their sound got old after awhile. If Morrison hadn't died I bet their popularity would have faded.

Then again, the above paragraph is also how I'd describe U2 (with Bono substituted for Morrison) and their popularity hasn't faded.

They are right there ... Along with Springsteen. But just outside my top 5.
6-10 would go something like this ..
6: the doors
7: Springsteen
8. Morrissey
9 Madonna
10: Skynard.

I don't get Madonna's appeal either. But there is one thing she was skilled at and ahead of her time at and that is generating fame and interest. She was on the cutting edge of getting attention for not actually doing much, which has become an art form nowadays.

Reactions: Gnat91
What, no Rolling Stones?!?

Oops, nevermind. Found a Stones reference right under "Springstein" (sic)...:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT