ADVERTISEMENT

First it was sharks, now it is grizzly bears & gators! Now add lighting to the list!!

TheGLOV

Gold Member

Crazy world!

;)o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O;)

And yes, you're still a f*cking idiot for going surfing and looking like a seal from the bottom up as the shark would view you!

Crazy world!

;)o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O;)

And yes, you're still a f*cking idiot for going surfing and looking like a seal from the bottom up as the shark would view you!
Can you skin griz?

@TheGLOV I wonder what life on an alligator farm is like. Have you ever visited one?
iu

@TheGLOV I wonder what life on an alligator farm is like. Have you ever visited one?
Saw a guy w/ a pickup and a pair of cutoffs take a 12 footer out of a lake in West Jupiter (Dye Preserve) one day. All he had was a noose and a roll of duct tape, and he had to go find the perp (and it was a big lake). Took about an hour. We watched w/ beers.

Also had a ball diver bit on the arm in a different lake once. He needed a bunch of stitches. Got a call from the halfway house that a steer was in the 6th fairway one time (got through the fence). One day I had to kill a 6' rattlesnake (w/ a Founders Club 3 wood) on #7 green because it was wrapped around the flag stick and wouldn't leave.

Different world out west...

Saw a guy w/ a pickup and a pair of cutoffs take a 12 footer out of a lake in West Jupiter (Dye Preserve) one day. All he had was a noose and a roll of duct tape, and he had to go find the perp (and it was a big lake). Took about an hour. We watched w/ beers.

Also had a ball diver bit on the arm in a different lake once. He needed a bunch of stitches. Got a call from the halfway house that a steer was in the 6th fairway one time (got through the fence). One day I had to kill a 6' rattlesnake (w/ a Founders Club 3 wood) on #7 green because it was wrapped around the flag stick and wouldn't leave.

Now that guy with duck tape and rope that there's a man.

Reactions: Fayette_LION
Or is gator wrestling a normal everyday occurence?
Different now than it was back in the 80's. I watched a gator extraction video from PGA National (where I also used to work) a year or so ago, and it was a full blown production w/ government agencies, local law enforcement, etc.... Sort of embarrassing actually.

That said, if you want something like that done out in Jupiter Farms or Loxahatchee w/out anyone knowing about it, it's a phone call away.

Reactions: TheGLOV and brupsu
Reactions: TheGLOV
Apparently, a 7.5 foot long gator was caught and killed in my current hometown of Lusby, MD. I had no idea that they could survive the winters here.

Florida Man
Yep - we watched a guy do it outside Orlando once. Saw him throwing marshmallows into a pond then realized they were disappearing… the gator was slowly being lured to the shallows.

Noose and a giant rubber band and the gator was in the truck. Unreal.

Crazy world!

;)o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O;)

Lions and tigers and bears oh my....

Different now than it was back in the 80's. I watched a gator extraction video from PGA National (where I also used to work) a year or so ago, and it was a full blown production w/ government agencies, local law enforcement, etc.... Sort of embarrassing actually.

That said, if you want something like that done out in Jupiter Farms or Loxahatchee w/out anyone knowing about it, it's a phone call away.
First Gator I saw in a water feature not in a zoo setting was in the pond on the #1 hole of the Haig course at PGA National, near my parents Glenwood townhouse. This was in 1981. Right now we have about a 12 footer in the small lake/pond behind our home that we saw this morning. Absolutely huge head.

• Wow
Reactions: brupsu and TheGLOV
Now that guy with duck tape and rope that there's a man.
I was friends with an animal control guy in South Carolina. The rope and tape was all he needed no matter the size. He did it because he got to eat them and sell the skins. If you close your eyes and picture a southern gator hunter that was him. He always complained about the dumb Northerners coming there and getting attacked because they were so stupid. Who in their right mind would walk their little dog next to a lagoon with alligators in it, or try to retrieve their golf ball, or reach in the water to pull a fish out when the gator clearly wanted the fish more. He also testified on behalf of the defendants in lawsuits from gator attacks. According to him, as soon as he testified the judge would dismiss the case.

Reactions: brupsu and TheGLOV

As per my golfing experience, killing a rattlesnake is the best use of a 3-wood

ADVERTISEMENT