ADVERTISEMENT

First Announced Match of the next NLWC Event

giphy.gif

after watching the young pups, its time to revisit the PSU-Iowa discussion
The young uns did well for us tonight! Add in Joe Lee and Howard? Our best youngest team yet! Hopefully Beard can get his conditioning right. He looked good until he gassed.

Last edited:
Reactions: jack66 and Ja1339
Kerk is a ****ing man. He's better than Gable. I think he beats him easily.

Don't get ahead of yourself Gable is looking awesome as well. 15 lbs heavier and it is all muscle, he is more powerful than Kerk. Kerk is cat like, very fluid and smooth as well as plenty strong. They look like shoe-ins for the finals. I'll pick Kirk in a decision 5-3 type of match. He is beautiful to watch. Dueling with Cael, Snacks and Snyder everyday makes me shudder. He will have very few weaknesses by the time they get done with him. I would love to see him and Snyder go at it.

Reactions: Sullivan
Thanks Dave Hart, Cael, Cody, Casey, Jake, Eric and Mark and others.. The PSU and NLWC guys looked really sharp. There were some fun matches there.

Hats off to the guys and girls who came to State College to make this event happen.

Bubba and Cael are probably heading out to celebrate the event! Hopefully Cael will bump up to his #2 friend.

My only comment is that I miss folkstyle.
See you in November, Same bat time, same bat station - Rokfin.

The young uns did well for us tonight! Add in Joe Lee and Howard? Our best youngest team yet! Hopefully Bears can get his conditioning right. He looked good until he gassed.

Beard is really talented but IMO (I know it's very early, he's young, CV, .....) He has a serious tank issue. This is the 4th match I have seen him fade significantly against guys he can or should put away. This was the second time against Bulsak. Sure some of it is conditioning, but some may be physiological, maybe his O2 levels in the blood are limited. Cael is the master, but Beard's biggest achilles heel is less tied to ability or skill level and more related to his lungs.

That said I remain in his corner, run some more laps and kick some butt this year.

How about Carter, RBY, Kerk and Beau? AWESOME!!!!

Don't get ahead of yourself Gable is looking awesome as well. 15 lbs heavier and it is all muscle, he is more powerful than Kerk. Kerk is cat like, very fluid and smooth as well as plenty strong. They look like shoe-ins for the finals. I'll pick Kirk in a decision 5-3 type of match. He is beautiful to watch. Dueling with Cael, Snacks and Snyder everyday makes me shudder. He will have very few weaknesses by the time they get done with him. I would love to see him and Snyder go at it.

I'm not sure there's a better pure athlete than Kerk on the freestyle circuit. He looks like an elite pass rusher out there from a physical standpoint

I think we'll see Michael's gas tank improve a ton when he's the starter and he is preparing for matches weekly (and for NCAAs ultimately) rather than maybe one tournament unattached a year. Obviously I'm not some psychology expert but I can't help but feel it gets hard to stay focused sometimes when you're in the room for so long and you don't even have the PSU singlet yet. Joe Lee has been in the room since 2017 and Michael since 2018.

Keep in mind also this is his first match since the Scuffle and who knows what was going on the last few months in quarantine. His older brother is an elite swimmer so cardio genetics are good you know!

Finding results on Rokfin events is very difficult. If anyone wants to post match scores I have a bucket of “likes” That I will throw your way

pretty sure these are accurate, I know the winners are and the scores may be off by a point or two in the matches that ended in a tech

1-Terrell Barraclough
15-9

2-Jarod Verklereen
15-3

3 - Brett Pfarr
Tech

4-Bekzod Abdurakhmonov
12-2

5-Jane Valencia
13-2

6-Carter Starocci
Pin In the first (would have been a tech I think

7- Michael Beard
10-9

8-Greg Kerkvliet
10-0 In :46

9-Alejandra Romero
3-0

10-Bryce Meredith
10-8

11-Roman Bravo-Young
11-0

12-Jason Nolf
10-0

The young uns did well for us tonight! Add in Joe Lee and Howard? Our best youngest team yet! Hopefully Bears can get his conditioning right. He looked good until he gassed.

Do you think we’ll see Howard at 25 this year?

Beard is really talented but IMO (I know it's very early, he's young, CV, .....) He has a serious tank issue. This is the 4th match I have seen him fade significantly against guys he can or should put away. This was the second time against Bulsak. Sure some of it is conditioning, but some may be physiological, maybe his O2 levels in the blood are limited. Cael is the master, but Beard's biggest achilles heel is less tied to ability or skill level and more related to his lungs.

That said I remain in his corner, run some more laps and kick some butt this year.

How about Carter, RBY, Kerk and Beau? AWESOME!!!!
I'm in agreement with you. We just haven't seen him on the big stage on the varsity squad thus conditioning may be 'different'. I dunno but hopeful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT