ADVERTISEMENT

First Announced Match of the next NLWC Event

Has it happened outside of the Powerade 182 final? I'm not sure what Nijenhuis was upset about. He got beaten by a better wrestler.
He didn't like the foot sweep attempt and he claimed CS was grabbing his family jewels on that last single at the end of the mat. More likely he was frustrated by non-stop hard collars and head pops. Even the announcers were like "what's the big deal? you see the same from Jason Nolf and Alex Marinelli."

Weird. I just re-watched the last takedown a half dozen times. Both of Starocci's hands are locked around his knee until he got him up, then released with his left hand, and cracked him back down with it. The right hand remains on the left leg, and the left arm is around Nijenhuis's leg, then waist. Unless Nijenhuis's junk is growing out of his back, the event in question didn't happen.

Unless Nijenhuis's junk is growing out of his back, the event in question didn't happen.
Wonder what his mullet was covering ...

Seriously, there was also some rivalry at play. 9-House admitted he had obsessed over their Hershey OT match. Emotional investment + close, rough, physical match --> spillover.

So standing over someone is a sign of someone having a "mean streak" now? Lol. Well then the NBA must be full of the meanest sob's on earth.
I like the wrestler but that shit is the last thing wrestling needs.
Starocci is a straight up red shirt freshman. No grey shirt involved.
Beard does have the greyshirt, and is in his third year in the room. Not the same as Starocci.
Beard's conditioning, at least in my opinion, is a little concerning.
Starocci's stare down was not him being a jerk. It was a response to the kid he was wrestling slinging an elbow past Starocci's head.

9House is going to be in for a rude awakening when he wrestles Carter again and realizes he's levels above what he used to be.

Wrestlestat seems to think that Nijenhuis is a RS this year (granted, that doesn't take into account the recent NCAA ruling). But, Purdon't only have two guys at 174 this year, and I've never heard of the other guy, so maybe we'll get to see what happens when a guy who beat him, and has been in a pretty hot crucible for a year, gets his hands on him again. I don't think it will be 5-2 in 2020/2021.

Recruiting a Fredo to land a Michael later is a risky play
Funny post...but he's no Fredo. He got caught in a near side cradle by a kid 5 inches taller than him. He's a great recruit. BTW, Bennett Berge looked good in his match. Carson Manville won 3-2. If there was one more second on the clock he would have lost an a last second takedown.

Edit: Munguia was the #5 seed vs Gibson #7. So it's no great upset. But he did get caught in a bad spot with a lanky opponent. Munguia is heading to Kent State.

Last edited:
Absolutely true. Sometimes it is a breathing thing as well. Just hoping it gets worked out.....because he is so talented otherwise.
I remember during Cory Clark's freshman year at 125, he gassed a lot early in the year (and actually briefly lost the spot to Gilman). When he came back, Terry would just yell "BREATHE" through his entire match lol.

Would love to hear from @tjb249 on this topic.

Hey guys, sorry I’m late to this topic. I’ll address this in two fold. Mike was not in top shape versus Hoffman at Who’s #1, which explains his gassing in that match. I missed Mike when he was home in August, so honestly can’t comment on the type of shape he’s in right now. I can tell you that I’d be running wind sprints with him, if I was still coaching him. 😉

His father and I had a talk about his conditioning and the bottom position after his Southern Scuffle matches last season. We were upset with Mike’s two losses and his inability to escape from bottom. He really didn’t have anyone who pushed him in HS his Junior and Senior years when he chose down, and he wasn’t even on bottom for half his matches. It’s been an adjustment for him in college with upperclassmen being tougher on top, especially a leg rider like Bulsak. He’s improved here and obviously still working on it. He’s a very, very hard worker, so he’ll fix this.

I just signed up tonight, well worth 10 bucks. And I get another months worth of all kinds of other contact. Couldn’t be happier. Canceled my flo membership today.

canceled my flow account after the first event. these are amazing...

I've attended events that left me absolutely thrilled. It's not just about the entertainment but also the sense of community and shared interests that make them so memorable. I totally understand why you canceled your flo membership – NLWC seems to offer a whole new level of excitement.
christmas vacation GIF

artificial intelligence glitch GIF by Nico Roxe

@CSauertiegPSU "D4vidsOn1987" is a bot. Ban hammer please.

TOS makes you use your email to sign-in. I assume that stops bots but not sure how. However, I haven't seen any there so worth asking IT for their opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT