ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Rahne

When McSorley didn't run out of the RPO, the offense struggled. Clifford needed to do that today because it was there. Can't imagine being told not to. Against Buffalo, he ran it several times when he should have given it to the back. I wonder if that is why he didn't run today. It is so important to the effectiveness of this offense.

The coaching staff does read the articles online after games and takes to pulse of the media and fans. Franklin as admitted that. I've noticed they swing the pendulum wildly back and forth each week. Last year Rahne was criticized for running on 3 consecutive downs to run out the clock, I forget the opponent, maybe indiana, but it almost cost us as we had to punt and got totally stuffed when we needed a first down. The following week, he threw all three downs to run out the clock and after 3 incompletions, he burned no time. Its as though they got it in cliffords head he was to give that read to the RB all game. Or at least, highly encouraged. He is an immature QB, just because he is young, as someone stated, we have immature coaches and they are going to make cliffords head spin. Give him his keys to read and allow him to dictate a bit.

Clifford has to mature as a QB. Young players get better, it's a matter of time & experience. This is the main reason why I believed that too many were too optimistic with the predictions. Experience is critical. He may need 6 games, all year, who knows.

I agree. So much youth on the field on offense. Multiple times in the first three games PSU has had two receivers in the same area. Most people on this site said in the beginning of the year PSU will have to ride the defense until the offense gets some experience. Now when that actually happened, the sky is falling.

Reactions: Frabjous
I agree. So much youth on the field on offense. Multiple times in the first three games PSU has had two receivers in the same area. Most people on this site said in the beginning of the year PSU will have to ride the defense until the offense gets some experience. Now when that actually happened, the sky is falling.

The offense woefully underachieved last year and a new OC should have been brought in at the end of the season. Based on last season Rahne is guilty until proven innocent, and nothing the offense has done this year changes that.

well Rahne has been QB coach 4 out of the 6 years he has been here, maybe he is not good at that part of his job either.

I was always under the impression that the offensive coordinator sat with the HC to draw up a game plan for an upcoming game ? Yes the OC calls the plays but doesn't the HC have the right to override a play or call a timeout if he disagrees? All I’m trying to say is that play calling is a shared responsibility, it can’t be all on the OC. Coach Franklin is a power spread fanatic, but without a bruising RB who’s going to gain 4 to 8 yards per carry and a OL that can stop a five man rush, opposing defenses will fall back and cut off passing lanes. Penn State won because of better coaching decisions in key moments. When it counted most the Pitt HC & OC failed. Some of the most atrocious redzone play calling ever.

This team is young but you’re going to improve with every game.

ADVERTISEMENT