ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Corley

NittanyLionRoar

May 17, 2011
I've said it before. WTF is he doing on this team. Yes, I realize there were problems all over the field, including another 4th quarter collapse by Pry. Perhaps Frankling needs to clean house all around, but seriously, why is a guy coaching our receivers whose last school only completed less than 20 passes ALL SEASON. Just add this one to the long list of what's wrong this year.

The receivers were awesome the last two years. Get this hobo of a coach and they completely disappear. Change my mind.

Reactions: aworsnup
I've said it before. WTF is he doing on this team. Yes, I realize there were problems all over the field, including another 4th quarter collapse by Pry. Perhaps Frankling needs to clean house all around, but seriously, why is a guy coaching our receivers whose last school only completed less than 20 passes ALL SEASON. Just add this one to the long list of what's wrong this year.
Need to also look at the special teams coach as we are getting outplayed their as well. Fake punt today plus other kicker can't make anything longer than an xp. Even Gillikan seems to have regressed as he is not consistent

Need to also look at the special teams coach as we are getting outplayed their as well. Fake punt today plus other kicker can't make anything longer than an xp. Even Gillikan seems to have regressed as he is not consistent
I think Gilliken is injured.

The receivers were awesome the last two years. Get this hobo of a coach and they completely disappear. Change my mind.

JJ -- great body, little production. I'd question them giving him so many snaps rather than how they are coaching the wideouts technique-wise since almost none of us get to see practice.

The smaller receivers are getting mugged , that's the problem. Plus MSU played TM exactly the same way last year.

We really miss Gattis. Good old slick Nick stole a gem and he knows it

Gotta be nice to get who you want and when you want it... Makes thing so much easier. Not that the road to get there is not easy by any means, but it appears to be cruise control for some of these teams.

We have to get to this point...

Wait, didn’t you make this thread just four weeks ago? Why didn’t you post this after The other games in between?

Wait, didn’t you make this thread just four weeks ago? Why didn’t you post this after The other games in between?
Do you think I had a reason not to? Surely, the FACT that McSorley is the #1 QB in all of NCAA football who has had the most drops, doesn’t add to my argument.

I know it didn't matter....but why did we fair catch with 8 seconds left at the end of the first half....why field that punt at all?

We said the same thing. What could possibly justify risking a muffed punt in that situation. The team just plays dumb. When you play dumb bad things happen.

Every WR that is struggling had 3 years under Gattis. Stop blindly guessing and calling for heads when you are clearly talking out your arse. Either you think these WR’s forgot everything or maybe they didn’t get the catches last year for a reason. JJ has been hype from day one but never takes over any game. That is the simple truth. Thompkins was wide open twice yesterday and Trace missed him. If anything the staff’s loyalty to these guys “could” be an issue.

Last edited:
Corley is not qualified to be a position coach at a major college football program. What on his resume jumps out as special?

In a year of coaching transition, our WRs have regressed significantly. Drops, separation, blocking, penalties. If you don’t think that the position coach deserves some blame for the WR position then you are a blind homer.

The “WRs haven’t forgotten what Gattis taught them” argument is idiotic. When a new coach arrives, he doesn’t simply say do what the old guy taught you. C’mon, have you ever had a new boss say that to you? Things have changed and it’s obvious. The assistants on this coaching staff are not good enough to make this program “elite.” Look at the assistants at OSU - Schiano, Day, Wilson. We have nobody on our staff that could be a grad assistant at OSU.

There it is. “FACT”. Welcome back, Gunsie !
First of all, if you missed that FACT after a week of it being in the newspapers and all over tv leading up to this game, then you have your head in the clouds. Secondly, I'm not "gunsie" ... only someone as simple-minded as you thinks everyone who makes critiques must be the same individual person. Weirdo.

ADVERTISEMENT