ADVERTISEMENT

Final X Lehigh

tomsc

Nov 2, 2014
I was wanting to watch last night's Final X at Lehigh on archive today on flo, but can't locate it. Does anyone know if it's been archived yet? Last week the State College Final X was available Sunday afternoon. Thanks for any info. Couldn't watch it last night.

Did you guys notice Cunningham in Gwiz's corner? I knew he spent time in State College to train, but didn't know Casey coached him in the corner that often.

Did you guys notice Cunningham in Gwiz's corner? I knew he spent time in State College to train, but didn't know Casey coached him in the corner that often.
Saw that while watching Saturday evening. Pretty cool. Gwiz has visited the NLWC for training, still didn't expect it.

I was a bit surprised as well. I think Gwiz has always had an affinity for PSU and its coaching staff. He had wanted to come to PSU out of HS. It would have been great to have Gwiz at PSU, but things worked out well for him and for PSU. He seems like a great guy. Says a lot about Casey that Gwiz wanted him there!

Reactions: tabenn
This should get you there: https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6092708-2018-final-x-lehigh/videos?limit=27&playing=6215298

If not, go to the events page, click completed, click Final X - Lehigh, Videos, then find the Final X Lehigh Full Event Replay in the list.
Aah. . .they didn't have the full broadcast archived yesterday afternoon. Thanks! It's interesting how matches can change so much from one to another--example Colon-Garrett! All 3 matches were quite different!

Aah. . .they didn't have the full broadcast archived yesterday afternoon. Thanks! It's interesting how matches can change so much from one to another--example Colon-Garrett! All 3 matches were quite different!

Garrett was a man on a mission in the rubber match - an entirely different wrestler than in the first two.

Reactions: tomsc and nerfstate
Garrett was a man on a mission in the rubber match - an entirely different wrestler than in the first two.
It has surprised me so far, for all of Nashon's gifts, why he hasn't been more successful in freestyle. Perhaps it's starting to change.

It has surprised me so far, for all of Nashon's gifts, why he hasn't been more successful in freestyle. Perhaps it's starting to change.
Being gifted in freestyle is not the end all. It means you have to he gifted and you better have the right body size to fit into one of the few classes.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Being gifted in freestyle is not the end all. It means you have to he gifted and you better have the right body size to fit into one of the few classes.
There at 10 FS weight classes now too, so I dunno about that.

There at 10 FS weight classes now too, so I dunno about that.
A little perspective...
Not every wrestler is a Jordan Burroughs or Kyle Snyder. Nahshon is only 2 years removed from his 2016 NCAA Championship, so imo, he's developed well since then, and now is wrestling for our World Team. He's among the youngest on the team, so he's got many years left to make a freestyle mark.

The year he graduated college, the weight class consolidation was a factor, but last year not so much. There were only 8 weight classes, but the changes last year to this year were additions at the higher weights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
Gwiz is technically a NLWC member and has been in the Lorenzo center more than just occasionally.
He's not technically a NLWC Resident Athlete. He's still at the Wolfpack Olympic Regional Training Center, as far as I know, but does show up at the NLWC for training partners

Casey was in Nick's corner at the Pan Am games too, and the reason is as simple as Nick asking him to be there, same for Final X. Obe Blanc, who is the NC State Volunteer Assistant Coach, was also in the corner at Final X, pretty sure. It would be awesome for Gwiz to move to central PA...though to my knowledge, that's not in the cards at this time.

He's not technically a NLWC Resident Athlete. He's still at the Wolfpack Olympic Regional Training Center, as far as I know, but does show up at the NLWC for training partners

Casey was in Nick's corner at the Pan Am games too, and the reason is as simple as Nick asking him to be there, same for Final X. Obe Blanc, who is the NC State Volunteer Assistant Coach, was also in the corner at Final X, pretty sure. It would be awesome for Gwiz to move to central PA...though to my knowledge, that's not in the cards at this time.
I could have sworn he was added to the club last year. I know Cael said something about him practicing in the room and I really thought he mentioned him as a club member. Just not here on a regular basis.
Oh well, not the first whoops I have had this month.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT