ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL X IN STATE COLLEGE

Bullock shoots, but Addie go-behind. Fall confirmed off reinforced bar tilt. Gray on the World Team.

My roommate: According to this video package, David Taylor is good at losing in the finals.

I didn't punch him, but I lol'd.

Reenan attempts. Taylor thwarts. Handfighting. Reenan warned for passivity, and not sure why. Reenan shoots, and gets called for passivity again wtf.

Reenan on clock, gets in on legs deep. Taylor goes behind after attempting cradle for 2-0 lead. Snap to a leg gets another takedown and 2 laces makes it 8-0.

Taylor re-attacks for 4 AND MAKES THE ****ING WORLD TEAM LETS GOOOOOOOO

IC/CHA may be the mecca of USA wrestling, but hats off to the PA folks that came to town for todays wrestling(paid a premium I might add). On top of that they were wrestling fans and cheered on former competitors of our Nits......nice job everyone!

Todays event is how this area gets more events like this and we can continue to grow the brand and wrestling!

#thatswhatwedo
cuz
#WEARE

Enjoyable night. Glad DT did it here but first takedown scared me. Zahid is going to be a freestyle beast down the road, fun to watch.

Congratulations to Addie Gray for her comback and to her coach from Grove City Erin Tomeo.

My two knocks were not selling out and the damn music playing during the matches.

Finally I didn't see Tom Ryan there, maybe he was outside Rec selling the Ohio State ticket allotment as I did not see many scarlet and grey inside.

This match between Kyle Dake and Zahid Valencia was a war and worth every dime I paid for myself and my son to be there. If you've never gone to see a Senior Level event... you're cheating yourself. Dake and Valencia and DT were worth twice what I paid. Throw in the incredible talent of Adeline Gray and Logan Steiber and I was a huge winner tonight. DT... I LOVE YOU man. He was BEAST tonight and so jacked in front of the Rec Hall crowd. Kyle Dake is almost impossible to score on unless it's a fluke type takedown or your best move TD when Kyle stumbles. His defense is incredible. At one point... Zahid threw the house at him and was so frustrated, he just stopped shooting knowing it was fruitless.

Last edited:
This match between Kyle Dake and Zahid Valencia was a war and worth every dime I paid for myself and my son to be there. If you've never gone to see a Senior Level event... you're cheating yourself. Dake and Valencia and DT were worth twice what I paid. Throw in the incredible talent of Adeline Gray and Logan Steiber and I was a huge winner tonight. DT... I LOVE YOU man. He was BEAST tonight and so jacked in front of the Rec Hall crowd. Kyle Dake is almost impossible to score on unless it's a fluke type takedown or your best move TD when Kyle stumbles. His defense is incredible. At one point... Zahid threw the house at him and was so frustrated, he just stopped shooting knowing it was fruitless.

Agreed. Zahid's ankle pick TD was ridiculous too--but that's the only time he really sniffed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: amalone
Taylor...2 wins...both techs...all smiles...steals mic and leads a WE ARE chant...high fives/fist bumps/hugs just about everyone in Rec Hall!

Me...hungover on Father’s Day tomorrow for sure!

Congrats DT, I loved every second of your two brief matches and celebrated accordingly...

To say it back - WE ARE, but more importantly, THANK YOU!!!

Did anyone get an attendance count? I would guess maybe 4k, but not sure. Respectable. And the crowd was classy, cheering for all competitors.

The wrestling was great too.

Money well spent. Would be awesome if we get Olympic trials, any new Intel on that?

Small crowd on hand to see Dake. Interesting side note, Dake is undefeated at Rec Hall.

Small crowd on hand to see Dake. Interesting side note, Dake is undefeated at Rec Hall.
And if you would have been there... Jammer... the crowd would have been "smaller". Losers don't hang with perennial winners. Losers are usually kicking around stones and dirt in gopher holes outside the arena while the winners are inside... winning CHAMPIONSHIPS and wearing bonafide Championship tee shirts afterwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: nitlion6
Interesting side note, Dake is undefeated everywhere he has yet to wrestle.

tenor.gif

Awesome day overall. Friends before and after the wrestling, and a good product on the mat inside Rec Hall.

Familiarity didn't get in the way, as Stieber and McKenna provided an exciting two matches. Congrats LogieBear.

Dake vs Valencia was nearly as advertised, a two match to none win for Dake, and very close. Valencia is the future, Dake the present. Congrats Kyle.

DT did his thing, and was dominant doing it. Inside Rec Hall, Reenan was overwhelmed by a superior wrestler. The home fans showed appreciation through-out, starting with the moment DT showed up in the tunnel, all the way through to him confiscating the mic and leading a WE ARE cheer. Congrats David.

Adeline Gray, like DT, showed she's the dominant wrestler at their weight class, with a Tech and a Fall in 2 wins. Congrats Adeline.

Velte and Clodgo both won their 3-bout series, 2 wins to one, with closely contested matches that all were in question to the very end. Congrats Mallory and Erin.

In my opinion, the wrestling was more exciting than Lincoln, overall. Not a single complaint from any in our group about much at all. Our estimate on attendance was the 3500 range. South and North stands very full, North and South not so much.

Good luck to all the wrestlers later this year in Budapest, October 20-28.

Last edited:
Technically, DT lost to Cyler Sanderson in his redshirt year in a scrimage at PSU. Was it Rec. Hall?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT