ADVERTISEMENT

Film Study - Yurcich's 'On Script' Plays

CaliLION79

Sep 27, 2020
VIDEO FILM STUDY PSU BSU

See Link. Video does an excellent job showing how Yurcich's system makes things simple for Clifford. If you see A, do B. If you see B, do A. Going through progressions and making accurate throws seems like it's always going to be an issue for Clifford, but ever since halftime of the Wisconsin game it appears he's found comfort in Yurcich's system. Didn't expect to see that so early.

Was getting ready to post this after watching.

Yurcich did a great job setting the offense up vs Ball State. I like the introduction of the Jet Sweep as well as the motion of Dotson. The 2 RB set and a 3 TE look are going to be used more. Auburn is going to be a fun game.

Reactions: CaliLION79
I think putting the QB under center really helps the run game, and then the play action pass.

Obviously against a team like Ball State he’s not going to divulge any of his playbook beyond the basics. I assume we will see a lot more interesting formations and schemes against Auburn.

Obviously against a team like Ball State he’s not going to divulge any of his playbook beyond the basics. I assume we will see a lot more interesting formations and schemes against Auburn.
that's the rumor. I am struck at the complexity of the personnel packages, lineups and motions. But the pre-snap work seems to pay off when the team has to make reads at the LOS just before and after the snap.

The new line is, and I heard it twice on Sunday, "you never go broke taking a profit".

Reactions: CaliLION79
ADVERTISEMENT