ADVERTISEMENT

Film Study - Parker Washington's Skillset

CaliLION79

Sep 27, 2020
PARKER FILM STUDY

See Link. More of a highlight tape than a teaching tape. Didn't learn a whole lot that we all didn't already know. BUT I think it will be interesting how Yurcich utilizes Washington this season considering he's such a unique chess piece -- small, shifty, but with an abnormally thick and built lower half that can endure punishment should Yurcich make Washington a Deebo-type 'gadget back'. When Yurcich was hired back in Jan. 2021, one of the aspects we highlighted was his innovative mindset, dating back to his PSAC days. Kind of hope Washington's unique toolkit sparks that spirit of innovation within Yurcich and we see some cool, unexpected looks featuring Washington this year.

Reactions: psualt and jimarnp
I think there are a few options at WR, including Washington, the Kentucky transfer, and Kaden/KJ Hamler Jr. Not sure about the latter, but the other two have demonstrated a consistent ability to catch balls ala Dotson and Godwin before him. This should make for an exciting year.

I think Washington has a big year. He's steadily improved since he got here in '20 and he was honestly very good upon arrival.

Think he's capable of 1000 yards and 6+ TDs. Tinsley should be a huge help and take away teams trying to bracket him and if KLS and Meiga have improved years, even better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT