ADVERTISEMENT

Film Breakdown, Yurcich Vs Auburn

lazydave841

Jan 9, 2021

Just finishing up the first play. Remember how Strange got so wide open? Did you realize he was hid beside Walker while Wallace was out wide in his stance to the wide side?

Play was so quick, I didn't notice it live. Excellent scheming. Feigning the bubble to Wilson, even Walker selling the block.

My son noticed it during the instant replay. I LOL'd when I saw the Auburn CB covering #79 in the flat.

Good eye. Lol

That was probably from getting burnt by Johnson on a similar formation where they didn't cover him as hard earlier in the game.

Love how the play calls build off previous plays. It's pure chess. Weeks of our TEs being "underutilized"and boom, designs to use them.

Lovett looks explosive. Imagine the end zone run with Lovett at RB, and Juice pulling back to the left. Lots to work with.

That was brilliant! Can’t wait to see what other tricks they are going to pull off.

Imagine you are the DC for upcoming opponents. You look at that and start thinking of all the options Yurcich might have off that or similar formations. What do you coach the players? Gotta prepare them yet don’t want to overload them with the possibilities.

Reactions: LionJim

Just finishing up the first play. Remember how Strange got so wide open? Did you realize he was hid beside Walker while Wallace was out wide in his stance to the wide side?

Play was so quick, I didn't notice it live. Excellent scheming. Feigning the bubble to Wilson, even Walker selling the block.
It was getting to the point where I was convinced that Auburn didn't realize we had TE's on the field because they basically ignored them. Nice wrinkle that was kept set aside for this game. Will be fun to see what else Yurcich has up his sleeve, obviously won't be seeing any of it this weekend.

Reactions: LionJim and BBrown
I cannot imagine that Sean was told to ignore the TEs during the Wisconsin Game. They did run routes....what I did see was that they were not downfield very far.....and rarely were they open. The change may have come from the Tackle Eligible pass to Strange, the seam route to Johnson and the WR Pass to Warren obviously were the first option and had a high percentage for success.

Reactions: ftlpsu
those are some good play designs. Other than Dotson, I didn't feel like there was a big gap between Auburn and Penn State in terms of just being able to man-up against the other guy and just out-athlete them. We won this game from what I gather because our X's and O's were a bit better than Auburn's and our guys executed better. If Brandon Smith doesn't drop a gift-wrapped pick-6 and the refs don't hose us in the first half - maybe we win this game by 14-17 points instead.

Except for when he said the final DPI against Dotson shouldn't have been called. LOL.

They showed different angles of this play live. Auburn defender put his body into Dotson without looking back before the ball arrived. If it was ticky tacky, Herby would have called it out during the telecast.

If Dotson was really holding onto the CB, he would have pulled him down as he went down.

Reactions: SBuxton320

Brilliant as well to have Wallace hunker down to hide his number. Defender running over pre-snap to cover him was probably thinking "Damn, that is one big receiver"!

Reactions: lazydave841

The play from the 4 yd line where Noah Cain ran it in was genius planning/ execution (as shown by In this video).

The play from the 4 yd line where Noah Cain ran it in was genius planning/ execution (as shown by In this video).

And the way our OL blocked, he could have gotten in from any gap but the A the DT plugged with Miranda cut down. Best run blocking of the night perhaps.

Brilliant as well to have Wallace hunker down to hide his number. Defender running over pre-snap to cover him was probably thinking "Damn, that is one big receiver"!

Reactions: lazydave841
On the screen pass to Lovett, it looked like the Olinemen were 5 yards down field before the catch. Isn’t that illegal? We may have gotten away with one there. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

On the screen pass to Lovett, it looked like the Olinemen were 5 yards down field before the catch. Isn’t that illegal? We may have gotten away with one there. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

As long as Lovett catches the pass behind the LoS, the location of the lineman down field becomes irrelevant.

Reactions: ednit

The call from the goal line to go deep with 2 minutes left tells me everything I need to know about our new OC, as well as the 4th down calls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT