ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz just doubled down on the booing of injuries

FERENTZ-BOOING.jpg

The class of the plains.

Quit beating your head against the wall trying logic and reason with hawk fans. As a collective, their brainpower wouldn’t light up a nightlight.

For the first time in my entire life I went over to the opponents board and posted. I know that it was stupid but I just couldn't help myself. Obviously I am upset about losing. However, since we struggled because we didn't have a backup QB ready to play... and we suffered other critical injuries... Iowa was a good enough football team to take advantage of our misfortunes and they ended up winning the game. I can live with that. What was so difficult was the ignorance of some of their posters when I dwelled on the fact that in all of my years at PSU I have never witnessed our fans collectively booing an opponents injured players. The responses I got back were classic. One poster called us Penn(etration) State University and thought that we deserved everything we got because of all of the years that we had allowed children to be abued.

I guess I should have expected as much from the Hawkeye fans but it sure was an awakening to see the level of hate as well as ignorance from many of their faithful. I for one have replaced the Buckeyes with the Hawkeyes as my most hated team. If we are not able to get back on track and win the Big10 east, I sincerely hope who ever does just destroys Iowa. In fact, for what it is worth... I now have new favorite team to root for beside PSU. ANYONE PLAYING IOWA.

For the first time in my entire life I went over to the opponents board and posted. I know that it was stupid but I just couldn't help myself. Obviously I am upset about losing. However, since we struggled because we didn't have a backup QB ready to play... and we suffered other critical injuries... Iowa was a good enough football team to take advantage of our misfortunes and they ended up winning the game. I can live with that. What was so difficult was the ignorance of some of their posters when I dwelled on the fact that in all of my years at PSU I have never witnessed our fans collectively booing an opponents injured players. The responses I got back were classic. One poster called us Penn(etration) State University and thought that we deserved everything we got because of all of the years that we had allowed children to be abued.

I guess I should have expected as much from the Hawkeye fans but it sure was an awakening to see the level of hate as well as ignorance from many of their faithful. I for one have replaced the Buckeyes with the Hawkeyes as my most hated team. If we are not able to get back on track and win the Big10 east, I sincerely hope who ever does just destroys Iowa. In fact, for what it is worth... I now have new favorite team to root for beside PSU. ANYONE PLAYING IOWA.
I know you shouldn’t judge a fan base simply by the internet crowd, but the Iowa online fans are really bad. They’re basically the Midwest version of Pitt fans. Very crass and childish.

I sat in front of an Iowa fan who told me the problem with games at Kinnick is many of the fans in attendance have no affiliation with the school. He told me he rarely goes anymore because the games attract a lot of unsavory characters due to the lack of pro sports nearby to occupy the real jackwagons. He was obviously more than a little embarrassed by what was going on around us.

I sat in front of an Iowa fan who told me the problem with games at Kinnick is many of the fans in attendance have no affiliation with the school. He told me he rarely goes anymore because the games attract a lot of unsavory characters due to the lack of pro sports nearby to occupy the real jackwagons. He was obviously more than a little embarrassed by what was going on around us.
I can live with stupid, ignorant, classless and drunken fans. Every team has them....high school, college and pro. I just find it incredible that Ferentz got sucked into addressing it, then defending it and then totally went off the rails with his "smelled a rat" comment. To say nothing of a coach rolling on the ground If a similar situation occurred here in a high school contest, there would be a zoom meeting with the principle characters to bring sportsmanship back to the forefront.

it would have been funny if you said that he stopped booing to tell you that he doesn't go to games much anymore because of the fans there

I know you shouldn’t judge a fan base simply by the internet crowd, but the Iowa online fans are really bad. They’re basically the Midwest version of Pitt fans. Very crass and childish.
Was is just the internet fans at the game doing the boing? Doubtful!

Reactions: psu00

They are truly the worst and the most ignorant fanbase in America. Every school has factions of fans that are an embarrassment to the program they root for, but Iowa has a majority of their fans that act that way. The arrogance of their staff encourages that type of behavior.

The Tavern Hawk This is a subset of the bandwagon Hawk fans. Their native habitat is small, dingy bars in small town Iowa. They will talk trash anyone who dares to wear clothing representing other universities. They would vote for Ricky Stansi for president in a heart beat. They are usually nine beers into the night when you talk to them, so they’ll gladly challenge you to a fight if you make one snide remark about Kirk Ferentz, and his son, FreeRentz.

Yes listen to the TV announcers. Klatt very clearly said PSU wasn't faking injuries.

The announcers knew the optics here.. bum shoulders don't keep you on the ground for extended minutes.
If the shoe was on the other foot some in your fan base would have done the same damn thing. Let's not be delusional.

They are truly the worst and the most ignorant fanbase in America. Every school has factions of fans that are an embarrassment to the program they root for, but Iowa has a majority of their fans that act that way. The arrogance of their staff encourages that type of behavior.
One butt hurt SOB. Every post you make is ripping on Hawks. Must suck to be you..

Reactions: CFNiteHawk85
The announcers knew the optics here.. bum shoulders don't keep you on the ground for extended minutes.
If the shoe was on the other foot some in your fan base would have done the same damn thing. Let's not be delusional.
Well, our fans never have, so why would we start now? Much like why would Franklin start this as a strategy after 12 years against Iowa of all teams?

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
Apparently there are many others that decided action should be taken against the Iowa program.

Apparently there are many others that decided action should be taken against the Iowa program.

A giant loser clown fan, I can’t believe it.

Reactions: PSU621
Gameday had a segment that talked about the PSU Iowa injury saga.....let's just say I wish I had those 5-10 minutes back.

I'm not delusional. If you are in pain, you stay on the ground. That's how everyone (including Iowa) is coached. Brisker has had significant shoulder issues and is playing through pain. You should admire that not, not boo it.

Also, enjoy your loss to a very average Purdue team. As I said all last week, your TO margin will revert to the mean soon enough and you'll crash back to Earth.

PSU with Clifford would have won by 30+.

This is very true. From PA and have lived in Iowa for over 3 decades and I was at the game. Most of the unsavory actors are not affiliated with the school. Just small town Iowa residents with no pro team to root for and hence the Hawks are there team. Most alums are indeed embarrassed by these folks.

ADVERTISEMENT