ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz just doubled down on the booing of injuries

Did WVU borrow the couch burning tradition from UM or did UM borrow it from WVU? Curious minds want to know. ;)
Well I've been told by their fans(?) that Gopher fans need to recognize that they are the best program to never win a MNC. So there is that. Back to the topic at hand, some of us have just discovered such skills as Urban farming. Fire was the next logical step. Or so I've been told.

With that said, I tip my cap to their fan base and thank them for showing us the way.

BTW May I ask why they lit the sofa? Was it because they kept the score within 10 points when they played PSU.

CJF just lit up Iowa at his press conference

He body-bagged Ferentz and those fans. What an embarrassment for that program.

Unfortunately, this intelligent breakdown will go right over the heads of fans like that uneducated, racist red neck that mocking a player’s shoulder injury.

I really do like the comparison of Iowa fans to WVU fans - but from my experience, Iowa fans add the racism into their maniacal behavior.

He body-bagged Ferentz and those fans. What an embarrassment for that program.

Unfortunately, this intelligent breakdown will go right over the heads of fans like that uneducated, racist red neck that mocking a player’s shoulder injury.

I really do like the comparison of Iowa fans to WVU fans - but from my experience, Iowa fans add the racism into their maniacal behavior.
Franklin called out Ia fans and coaching staff on Sat...go look at the tape and tell me when the Iowa coaches complained...let me help u, it was not with someone who was actually hurt. look at the tape it tells the whole story dude. Franklin is trying to spin this tonight knowing he was busted...again look at the tape.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
Franklin called out Ia fans and coaching staff on Sat...go look at the tape and tell me when the Iowa coaches complained...let me help u, it was not with someone who was actually hurt. look at the tape it tells the whole story dude. Franklin is trying to spin this tonight knowing he was busted...again look at the tape.
Oh good lord….does Iowa have a never ending supply of morons?

Oh a rematch in Indy would be so fun. Media days next year will be interesting if we don’t have one. That said wish Franklin would just let it go. Be the bigger guy (I realize Kirk took a shot at his integrity but still).

I disagree. Sometimes you walk away from a bully. And sometimes you have to punch him in the mouth. This warranted a punch in the mouth. And I am so glad he brought up the booing of the wind blowing the ball off the tee! Good for you, coach.

I disagree. Sometimes you walk away from a bully. And sometimes you have to punch him in the mouth. This warranted a punch in the mouth. And I am so glad he brought up the booing of the wind blowing the ball off the tee! Good for you, coach.
I would have just said, “I thought Coach Ferentz was smarter than that, I guess not.” And ended it there.

Reactions: Zenophile

Thank you for proving my point that Iowa fans are uneducated.

The time and energy that went into writing that speech would have been better spent looking for ways to beat Illinois or Ohio State. I did enjoy the booing the ball flying off the tee comment. Still haven’t had any Iowa fans with enough balls to explain that one.

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1

Just stopping in to read perspectives outside of the state of Iowa. We can all agree on the belief that Penn State has a great offensive coordinator, great defense and great special teams. Onward!

WTF are you talking about? YOUR fans BOOED injured PSU players. That is bush league and if my coach didn't speak up for us, I would lose respect for him.

The problem was instead of Ferentz either chastising the fans ("Hey guys, don't do that") or ignoring it, he doubled down and insisted that the booing was somehow warranted.

James merely pointed out how absolutely asinine that position is and stressed how booing injured players is NEVER appropriate.

I'm not sure why James Franklin keeps saying he respects Iowa and their staff when it's obvious the feeling is not mutual. James is a better man that I since it would be hard to not call Ferentz out for condoning the boos.
I no longer respect Iowa's fans.

I lost respect for Iowa's staff after this:

The time and energy that went into writing that speech would have been better spent looking for ways to beat Illinois or Ohio State. I did enjoy the booing the ball flying off the tee comment. Still haven’t had any Iowa fans with enough balls to explain that one.
They will beat Illinois.

Beating OSU depends on Clifford's health. I 'm guessing they will know more by later this week, e.g. as to whether to gameplan for SC or TR.

I would be upset if they would have cheered a player that might be "hurt". The "booing" thing doesn't bother me all that much.

The fall from #2 will be a long, hard one when it comes. I will lustily boo it.

tumblr_mt11ykdPri1qcrv0bo1_500.gif

Reactions: odshowtime
Well I've been told by their fans(?) that Gopher fans need to recognize that they are the best program to never win a MNC. So there is that. Back to the topic at hand, some of us have just discovered such skills as Urban farming. Fire was the next logical step. Or so I've been told.

With that said, I tip my cap to their fan base and thank them for showing us the way.

BTW May I ask why they lit the sofa? Was it because they kept the score within 10 points when they played PSU.
Students would start bonfires in the street in the student ghetto of Sunnyside after a big victory. I think they beat Penn State twice in 30 or so years. Pitt bonfires were much more common.

WTF are you talking about? YOUR fans BOOED injured PSU players. That is bush league and if my coach didn't speak up for us, I would lose respect for him.

The problem was instead of Ferentz either chastising the fans ("Hey guys, don't do that") or ignoring it, he doubled down and insisted that the booing was somehow warranted.

James merely pointed out how absolutely asinine that position is and stressed how booing injured players is NEVER appropriate.
Dude...go watch the tape. the crowd and the Iowa coaching staff who Franklin called out on sat were upset about some guys going down in the 3+4th quarter and coming back in. I have no problem with Franklin saying it is not ok to boo a player who is hurt. not sure anyone does. But is ok for the Iowa coaches and fans to be pissed when players go down after a big run and come in next play? the crazy thing is with your talent on D you have no need to coach this or do this. your D is legit. i hope Clifford returns and u run the table in the east. in my mind u roll OSU

Dude...go watch the tape. the crowd and the Iowa coaching staff who Franklin called out on sat were upset about some guys going down in the 3+4th quarter and coming back in. I have no problem with Franklin saying it is not ok to boo a player who is hurt. not sure anyone does. But is ok for the Iowa coaches and fans to be pissed when players go down after a big run and come in next play? the crazy thing is with your talent on D you have no need to coach this or do this. your D is legit. i hope Clifford returns and u run the table in the east. in my mind u roll OSU
Iowa fans were booing Musitpher on the first drive of the game. You could hear it but it was not as loud as later in the game. Iowa fans booed Brisker going down in the 2nd quarter. The booing was loud when he was jumping up and down moving his arms to work out the issue. Brisker has had a shoulder injury since game 1 and whatever it is is causing him pain every now and then. If you watch closely, he favors the one shoulder when he goes to tackle somebody. He was booed when he came back in, which is fine. Booing a player coming back in is totally acceptable and nothing like booing a player that is down. Here is the play right before the play when 17 went down when your coach flopped on the sidelines. He was cramping up.

Iowa fans were booing injured players for 4 quarters. Iowa fans were even booing when the ball fell off the tee for the first time on the OPENING kickoff. I can understand fans possibly booing on every other kickoff attempt the ball falling off the tee. A kicker has every right to try 2 times to kick the ball without a holder.
YOUR BEST PLAYERS DON'T GO DOWN WITH FAKE INJURIES TO SLOW DOWN ANY OFFENSE. Fans not understanding this is one thing. They might not be aware of an opponent's best players but I expect more from a coaching staff that should know this and realize how MORONIC it is for 17, 1, and 91 (97's backup) to go down with fake injuries. Your special teams coach should have been chewed out by Ferentz behind closed doors for what he did on the sidelines instead of trying to defend the fans and his actions. Iowa won why even talk about it. You skirt the question and move on especially when their is a chance (slim as it is with a healthy Clifford) to meet again in the Big 10 title game.

Last edited:
This is key thing you said "with your talent on D you have no need to coach this or do this. your D is legit"

EXACTLY.

Which is supporting evidence that they didn't do it.

I've watched the game twice. The only players who left the game late who came back in were Brisker (who has recurring shoulder issues and was going in and out of Game 1 at Wisconsin and every game since then) and AKE (#17) -- I agree that #17 looked odd, but he actually got hurt on the play before and was limping around. He tried to go one more play, didn't like the way his knee felt and took himself out for a couple of plays. It is explained well here:

I'm curious how these idiot Iowa fans and Ferentz himself will react when PSU fans boo Iowa players down with an injury next time they are at Beaver stadium. Because every fanbase has idiots, including ours, so there will be more than a handful that will do it. But remember Iowa idiots, you ****ing started it.

James Franklin is one of the best — maybe the best — at articulating his points with passion and facts. You can tell this struck a chord with him. Good on him speaking up for his players. That stuff goes a long way inside the locker room and also in recruiting.
He should have tried that at Vandy. When did this fan base become a sewing circle??

Reactions: GolfHacker1
I'm curious how these idiot Iowa fans and Ferentz himself will react when PSU fans boo Iowa players down with an injury next time they are at Beaver stadium. Because every fanbase has idiots, including ours, so there will be more than a handful that will do it. But remember Iowa idiots, you ****ing started it.
If Iowa players are faking injuries, your fans absolutely should make it known that you think it's bullshit.

Reactions: DJ_Kool_Herk
If Iowa players are faking injuries, your fans absolutely should make it known that you think it's bullshit.

Yea, Mustipher was "faking an injury" - that's why he missed the remainder of the game (like three-quarters of game) and it was just announced he's out for the rest of the season, right asshole? Good Lord you douches are such classless little pricks in need of a severe beatdown.

Reactions: We Are . . .
Yea, Mustipher was "faking an injury" - that's why he missed the remainder of the game (like three-quarters of game) and it was just announced he's out for the rest of the season, right asshole? Good Lord you douches are such classless little pricks in need of a severe beatdown.
And the other players that were back in the game a play or so later? Funny how they don't get a mention. Oh well, your team had a chance to win on Saturday and couldn't deliver. I'd be pissed about that too if my team lost.

Exactly how was Franklin busted? Because Cap’n Kirk said so? Your coach called him out…that puts the burden of proof (which needs to be more than, “Sparty did it once”) squarely on his shoulders. It’s more likely that Kirk is happy to keep this “they cheated” narrative going as it takes the emphasis off of how his team’s glaring weaknesses were exposed.

ADVERTISEMENT