ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz just doubled down on the booing of injuries

Then Ferentz should have said it. Your coach should have explicitly called Franklin and Penn State cheaters.
He wasn't inferring that Franklin is a cheater as I don't believe what is being inferred is actually against the rules. I could be wrong.

He was, however, inferring that Franklin was a liar. Very craftily, I would add.

HawCory and Dave Sned would both appear to be Timere Homines. What say you as to their species?
I hope they do the whole conference. Sadly, there are a few B1G teams that probably won't ever have enough success to classify the fans.

Anyone see any people of color in the stands? All of them yelling at a black head coach and black players. Makes sense why the rest of the country tries to forget Iowa even exists.
Wow. Do you even think before you type words like that?

My next door neighbor and her husband are black. I gave them my tickets so I could stay home with my sick toddler while my wife worked. I can vouch that "atleast two" of 70,000 people did not yell because you have black people in your program. Good lord man

• Angry
Reactions: evelet

My next door neighbor and her husband are black. I gave them my tickets so I could stay home with my sick toddler while my wife worked. I can vouch that "atleast two" of 70,000 people did not yell because you have black people in your program. Good lord man
Mighty white of them.

Never made sense to me why they went up-tempo with Roberson. I know it’s what they do, but why not shorten the game ala Iowa…rest the D…limit Iowa’s touches?

Just seeing those numbers aggravates me. I was shouting at the tv the whole time to bleed the freaking clock. The clock was our ally

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r

"A second coach stated that players have told him the Iowa Way means 'you act like a White person and cannot be yourself,'" the report reads.

Never made sense to me why they went up-tempo with Roberson. I know it’s what they do, but why not shorten the game ala Iowa…rest the D…limit Iowa’s touches?
This baffled me as well. Hell, even my 14 year old son pointed out how stupid this was.

There is no way around it. No explaining it. Our coaches were just plain stupid to do this.

Moving on is fine. Booing injured players is horseshit.
I would not tolerate this from PSU fans. I have not seen this before. Ever.
PSU lost five players in the game. You tell me, when was the last time that happened ? You would have to assume that for every serious injury, there are at least a couple of less serious ones.

My impression of Iowa and their fans is that they are most similar to West Virginia.
The worst thing is that even now, when it’s obvious the injuries weren’t fake because nearly all of the injured players did not go back in the game, they can’t just admit they were wrong for booing….they have to continue to come on here for days justifying their behavior and clinging to the falsehood. Shows they know nothing about football or they’re just plain stupid (or both).

I haven't tried to justify any boos. As I said in my initial post, I don't condone it.

That said, Mustipher wasn't the first player to go down.

WR #13 went down early on. There were 0 boos.

2 plays before Mustipher went down, Brisker went down. They worked on his shoulder for a bit, then he popped right up and jogged off the field, to a smattering boos. He returned exactly one play later, to many more boos.

There were initially a few boos when Mustipher went down, but when it was clear that he was actually hurt, those dried up quickly.(this still doesn't make it ok)

Watch a replay of the game and you'll see that everything I've typed here is the truth.

Again, I'm not condoning the boos. Personally, a player would have to do something pretty egregious to get a boo out of me. I do understand what the fans were thinking and seeing when they decided to boo, though. Large groups of people, especially when many of those people have been drinking, do stupid things. This isn't new or unique to football fans.
Mustipher went down during Iowa's first drive. He was the very first player to go down so you might want to watch the replay of the game because some of your facts are wrong. I just rewatched parts of the game. Brisker went down on the very first play of Iowa's drive after Penn State went up 14 -3. Another fact that you had wrong. He has been dealing with a shoulder injury since week 1. I am no Dr but if I had a guess it is some sort of burner. He played 76 of the 78 plays so I would assume that other play he was not in was a result of that shoulder needing to be stretched out or whatever he has been doing since Week 1 to stay on the field. Brisker is hands down Penn State's best player on defense. Ferentz should have called a pass play to attack the new safety. I believe they called a run. Brisker's replacement missed the first 2 games and is a converted CB learning the safety position. It was an opportunity a top notch play caller would have attacked. OSU would have tested Ellis immediately to see if you could get a blown assignment that results in a big play or even a TD.

Reactions: 83wuzme
Ferentz says Iowa Fans smelled a rat... if he pulled the white gerble out his ass
.....they would know what they are smelling!

Screw em. Ass clown is riding his #2 ranking. Won’t finish in the top 10, his starting QB might be the worst Power 5 D1 starter I’ve seen in years. Matt Seneca would look like an AA next to him. Enjoy the ride, fall off cliff coming up very soon!

• Wow
Screw em. Ass clown is riding his #2 ranking. Won’t finish in the top 10, his starting QB might be the worst Power 5 D1 starter I’ve seen in years. Matt Seneca would look like an AA next to him. Enjoy the ride, fall off cliff coming up very soon!
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a Matt Seneca sighting on BWI. Not sure I remember how to handle that.

• Haha
Reactions: bytir
I haven't read this whole thread, so apologies if this has been addressed.

If you watch film on Iowa, you would notice a tendency of Iowa's over the last couple years of running up-tempo after successful running plays in order to keep the defense in a run look and attempt to get the ball to the TEs or sometimes a slot receiver.

As to why PSU would employ their best defenders(I'll take your word for it in this regard), I have no idea and I'm not claiming to have any real insight to whether the free injury time outs were game planned or not.

To be clear, I'm not condoning booing players in(almost) any scenario. I'm just answering your question with a more rational answer than the ever-present "something something something ped state herp derp".

I hope this helps.
So KF, based on supposition felt comfortable insinuating that certain players were rats. I used to respect KF, no longer.

I’m sure Jeff Brohm doesn’t mind Kirk distracting himself with this. Just bizarre to pay any attention to last weekends opponent with a game coming up against a team you’ve lost 3 of the last 4 against.

Reactions: odshowtime
Moving on is fine. Booing injured players is horseshit.
I would not tolerate this from PSU fans. I have not seen this before. Ever.
PSU lost five players in the game. You tell me, when was the last time that happened ? You would have to assume that for every serious injury, there are at least a couple of less serious ones.

My impression of Iowa and their fans is that they are most similar to West Virginia.
I thought they were booing the sick kids in the hospital. Hypocritical

Mustipher went down during Iowa's first drive. He was the very first player to go down so you might want to watch the replay of the game because some of your facts are wrong. I just rewatched parts of the game. Brisker went down on the very first play of Iowa's drive after Penn State went up 14 -3. Another fact that you had wrong. He has been dealing with a shoulder injury since week 1. I am no Dr but if I had a guess it is some sort of burner. He played 76 of the 78 plays so I would assume that other play he was not in was a result of that shoulder needing to be stretched out or whatever he has been doing since Week 1 to stay on the field. Brisker is hands down Penn State's best player on defense. Ferentz should have called a pass play to attack the new safety. I believe they called a run. Brisker's replacement missed the first 2 games and is a converted CB learning the safety position. It was an opportunity a top notch play caller would have attacked. OSU would have tested Ellis immediately to see if you could get a blown assignment that results in a big play or even a TD.
After reading all of this for three days, I re watched the beginning of the game right before I made the post you quoted. I suggest you go re watch it too because you are flat out wrong. My facts were correct.

Disclaimer: I didn't bother reading your whole post because your first two sentences were completely false.

Last edited:
The original five floor press box was constructed in 1958 at a cost of $490,628.62, and was located between the 25 yard lines on the west side of the stadium. Between 1995 and 1999, the Kinnick Stadium press box underwent a $3 million improvement and renovation project, which included the addition of 18 private viewing suites and the remodeling of all five levels. The original press box was demolished in December, 2005.
aHR0cHM6Ly9zdG9yYWdlLmdvb2dsZWFwaXMuY29tL2hhd2tleWVzcG9ydHMtY29tLzIwMjAvMDQvNjIxZDUxNGYtMDkxNTIwMThfaGF3a2V5ZWZvb3RiYWxsdnN1bmkwMTMuanBn.jpg

After reading all of this for three days, I re watched the beginning of the game right before I made the post you quoted. I suggest you go re watch it too because you are flat out wrong. My facts were correct.

Disclaimer: I didn't bother reading your whole post because your first two sentences were completely false.
The correct response here is something along the lines of, “yeah, sorry about that…some of our liquored up fans can be real douche bags. Oh, and our coach needs to just STFU and focus on Purdue, which is no easy game for our team.”

Reactions: KCLion
Serious question - what is the benefit of faking an injury if Iowa was just going to jog down the field and huddle up? There was never any inkling that BF was going up-tempo. It makes no sense - there’s no advantage gained considering Iowa was stopping their own momentum each time they huddled up…which was every time since shortening the game is as much a part of their DNA as the colors yellow and black.
Exactly right...and you don't do it with your best players. Of the 4 defensive injuries...1 Our Best DL and didn't play the rest of the game. 2 - Our Best Secondary Guy, Been dealing with nagging injuries all year, 3 - Best Pass Rusher...why in the world would CJF want him off the field. Just completely ridiculous assertions and Iowa showed there true colors and were just pathetic, PERIOD!

No one is scared of the Air Ferentz Offense or needs to take a dive to slow down that chkensht offense.

Like no kidding. What possible advantage do we have slowing down an offense that's already as slow as smoke off $hit.

I haven't tried to justify any boos. As I said in my initial post, I don't condone it.

That said, Mustipher wasn't the first player to go down.

WR #13 went down early on. There were 0 boos.

2 plays before Mustipher went down, Brisker went down. They worked on his shoulder for a bit, then he popped right up and jogged off the field, to a smattering boos. He returned exactly one play later, to many more boos.

There were initially a few boos when Mustipher went down, but when it was clear that he was actually hurt, those dried up quickly.(this still doesn't make it ok)

Watch a replay of the game and you'll see that everything I've typed here is the truth.

Again, I'm not condoning the boos. Personally, a player would have to do something pretty egregious to get a boo out of me. I do understand what the fans were thinking and seeing when they decided to boo, though. Large groups of people, especially when many of those people have been drinking, do stupid things. This isn't new or unique to football fans.
A few boos when Mustipher went down? You lost any credibility on this topic in making that statement. If you believe that, go back and watch the replay again. It was a loud, sustained stadium wide booing.

Reactions: therod and PSU2UNC

I rewatched parts of the game after reading your posts that was completely false of when players got injured. I have the game on my DVR. I will be glad to send a copy to you.

PJ Mustipher #97 went down on your first series on offense. He got injured on the 5th play of the game. Penn State snap counts vs Iowa He played only 5 snaps.
Penn State went up 14 to 3. Stoudt kicked the ball through the endzone like he normally does. It was 1st and 10 at Iowa 25 yard line and Goodson ripped off a 20 yard run to the 45 and Brisker landed on his shoulder making the tackle with Ebikiete also landing on him. Brisker was down then left for one play like you said. Iowa gave the ball again to Goodson for a 6 yard gain when then should have called a play to attack #2, who just came in for Brisker. When Penn State's best defensive player was out of the game, Iowa had a golden opportunity to attack a converted corner with very limited game reps at safety. Iowa's opportunity to potentially get a big play if Keaton Ellis blew his assignment was far greater than any momentum that Iowa might have had after one freaking 20 yard run after Penn State took a 10 point lead.

I am not sure how this board or rivals feel about posts with people proposing bets but who cares as BWI is moving at the end of the month. YOU NAME THE BET. All we need to do is find a 3rd party (maybe an OSU fan) to determine which one of us has our facts straight about when #97 and #1 went down with injuries during the game. I am not going to include your claim that Lambert-Smith (#13 on offense) was the first player down. I already feel bad because this feels like taking candy from a baby. Hell, if you want I will send a copy to a fan of the other 12 schools in the Big 10 and I am willing to use a Pitt fan as the tie breaker.

I rewatched parts of the game after reading your posts that was completely false of when players got injured. I have the game on my DVR. I will be glad to send a copy to you.

PJ Mustipher #97 went down on your first series on offense. He got injured on the 5th play of the game. Penn State snap counts vs Iowa He played only 5 snaps.
Penn State went up 14 to 3. Stoudt kicked the ball through the endzone like he normally does. It was 1st and 10 at Iowa 25 yard line and Goodson ripped off a 20 yard run to the 45 and Brisker landed on his shoulder making the tackle with Ebikiete also landing on him. Brisker was down then left for one play like you said. Iowa gave the ball again to Goodson for a 6 yard gain when then should have called a play to attack #2, who just came in for Brisker. When Penn State's best defensive player was out of the game, Iowa had a golden opportunity to attack a converted corner with very limited game reps at safety. Iowa's opportunity to potentially get a big play if Keaton Ellis blew his assignment was far greater than any momentum that Iowa might have had after one freaking 20 yard run after Penn State took a 10 point lead.

I am not sure how this board or rivals feel about posts with people proposing bets but who cares as BWI is moving at the end of the month. YOU NAME THE BET. All we need to do is find a 3rd party (maybe an OSU fan) to determine which one of us has our facts straight about when #97 and #1 went down with injuries during the game. I am not going to include your claim that Lambert-Smith (#13 on offense) was the first player down. I already feel bad because this feels like taking candy from a baby. Hell, if you want I will send a copy to a fan of the other 12 schools in the Big 10 and I am willing to use a Pitt fan as the tie breaker.
So you're saying you want to make a bet with me about the order in which PSU players went down with injuries? You're pretty crazy, huh?

I'm not going to take your money, but the tape agrees with me.
I'll bet you a six pack of local beer in the event that I ever make it to Happy Valley, though. No 3rd party required.

I'm fairly confident several other posters went and re watched the DVR as well so that they could come back and call me a liar. Maybe they would like to tell us what they discovered.

he's right though, if Kirk Ferentz thinks that James Franklin is a cheater he should speak up and stop pussyfooting around

otherwise he should shut his cake hole

Now what sort of gratitude would that be towards someone who gave his (then) soon-to-be (worthless) son-in-law a job when no one else would?

• Haha
Reactions: sob5
Fortunately we won't have to deal with the trash next year. When they do visit Beaver Stadium next, I fully expect to hear our fans applaud injured players as they always do. Just because Iowa acts like Iowa doesn't mean Penn State has to act like Iowa.
I can't wait for Oct 28 2023. I think it could be the whiteout game and it should be loud regardless with Kirk's crap about smelling rats.

I would have expected better from a long-time, moderately successful coach. Bad showing for ferentz and iowa, as if they hadn’t stooped low enough over the years.

Thank the man upstairs that we have continued JoePa’s Success With Honor with Franklin.without

Serious question - what is the benefit of faking an injury if Iowa was just going to jog down the field and huddle up? There was never any inkling that BF was going up-tempo. It makes no sense - there’s no advantage gained considering Iowa was stopping their own momentum each time they huddled up…which was every time since shortening the game is as much a part of their DNA as the colors yellow and black.
Watch the game. Listen to the TV announcers. PSU used the injuries like a full timeout and yes it absolutely affected momentum.
Clifford was hurt and managed to get off the field, others looked like the comical soccer players who miraculously get up and jog off.
It looked bad and booing a college player is not ok... booing Franklin‽‽

Thats a nice bitch slap. Well done

Watch the game. Listen to the TV announcers. PSU used the injuries like a full timeout and yes it absolutely affected momentum.
Please, go ahead and watch the game. The announcers didn't assert anything as fact. And listen to all their comments, not just the ones you think somehow support your obtuseness.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
So you're saying you want to make a bet with me about the order in which PSU players went down with injuries? You're pretty crazy, huh?

I'm not going to take your money, but the tape agrees with me.
I'll bet you a six pack of local beer in the event that I ever make it to Happy Valley, though. No 3rd party required.

I'm fairly confident several other posters went and re watched the DVR as well so that they could come back and call me a liar. Maybe they would like to tell us what they discovered.
It is not crazy when it is a sure thing. I don't drink so alcohol is not influencing my judgement of what I saw and I only rewatched parts of the game to verify my memory. If it was not for your claim that #13 on offense was the first Penn State player to go down, I would figure that you are an Iowa fan getting Penn State players numbers confused. I have been there with certain Big 10 teams. Mustipher (#97) went down on the 5th play of the game. You really don't need a DVR to back this up. PJ Mustipher injured on opening drive vs Iowa

Brisker (#1) went down on the first play of the series after Penn State scored it's 2nd TD. The TV even showed and gave an injury report on 97 after Brisker went to the sideline. They stated that he was riding the bike and Penn State feels it is not serious but his status is questionable. I think it got worse by halftime because he was on crutches and his knee was wrapped in the 2nd half. You originally stated that he got hurt 2 plays before Brisker went down. Penn State's medical staff must be speed demons in their injury assessments of players and Mustipher must move really good for a 326 lb DT to hop on and off a bike and peddle really fast with a bum knee in about 3 plays based on your post.

Last edited:
It might just be that if we want to win this whole thang by 2028 U will have to slightly lower some standards- not for any take Hat Take Pinstagram star WRs but perhaps 4 some of tbose 345 pound road grader bois at Center. That's not a goophy Kirk Ferent the III racial trope- there are white black, Puerto Rican Simon Samoan and even Mongolian Big Yetis out there but some of them will never get a B- in Algebra. That's a standard We R Loosened up as long as you marched ya hefty ass to Goobermaxky Hall uphill in weird spots 11 out of 13 monthly averages.

ADVERTISEMENT