ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz just doubled down on the booing of injuries

What a fckn clown. I don’t ask for much, but please let us play them again in Indy with Clifford!
Totally agree. I would expect a well respected head coach to realize your BEST PLAYERS do not take dives to slow down momentum. PJ got hurt 1st or 2nd play and those sh#%#%^ds in the stands were booing. Our best player on D, who has been bothered by a shoulder all season goes down and the BOO birds came out. Brisker went down numerous times during the Wisconsin game and missed a few plays. Wisconsin fans did not boo because Wisconsin fans understand your best players don't take dives. They want to stay in the game. Why would Penn State's best DE take a dive? He would want to stay out there to get to the QB. If Penn State's DTs were constantly on the ground, the thought might pop in your mind that they are not really hurt. Ellies was down for a little bit and I think he was out for the rest of that drive. I have lost total respect for Ferentz. Please let Clifford be ready and for Ohio State and take care of business the rest of the schedule so we can DOG WALK them in Indy.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
behind paywall
Basically, Ferentz said that he felt bad for the Penn State players that were legitimately injured but the fans who booed the other "so-called" injuries "aren't stupid" and "they smelled a rat". Goes on to say that only one other time did he suspect an opponent was taking dives to stop momentum.

Just an honest coach sharing his feelings on the situation.

Q: What are your thoughts on fans booing injuries and it hurting your momentum?

KF: It hurt a little bit. I know a couple were legitimately hurt. Saw a couple on the bench- obviously the QB was injuried - and I hope they are well. Nobody wants to see injuries. But some of their other guys were down for the count it seemed like and then back a play or two later. Our fans aren't stupid. They know what's going on. That's only the second time we've seen something like that going on. It's a national topic. I know for a fact that there are two people in our building that have been other places where it goes on and they use a code word like scuba or dive or turtle, but we've never coached it or been exposed to it. Our fans thought they smelled a rat, I guess, and they responded.

I would have expected better from a long-time, moderately successful coach. Bad showing for ferentz and iowa, as if they hadn’t stooped low enough over the years.

Thank the man upstairs that we have continued JoePa’s Success With Honor with Franklin.

KF: It hurt a little bit. I know a couple were legitimately hurt. Saw a couple on the bench- obviously the QB was injuried - and I hope they are well. Nobody wants to see injuries. But some of their other guys were down for the count it seemed like and then back a play or two later. Our fans aren't stupid. They know what's going on. That's only the second time we've seen something like that going on. It's a national topic. I know for a fact that there are two people in our building that have been other places where it goes on and they use a code word like scuba or dive or turtle, but we've never coached it or been exposed to it. Our fans thought they smelled a rat, I guess, and they responded.
Well, his fans are stupid so that’s a misstatement right off the bat. I continue to fail to see a reason for Penn State players to have been taking dives.

I wonder where Frentz got his M.D. degree? I’m sure someone could go through the film and not every stoppage and the involved player. How many eventually left the game? How many of the remainder have been battling nagging injuries?? Frentz is being a clown by giving cover for clueless fans.

Sorry, but Iowa fans wave hello so there's no way that they'd boo legitimately injured players meaning that our guys must have been faking it.

Reactions: NittanyChris

No one is scared of the Air Ferentz Offense or needs to take a dive to slow down that chkensht offense.

It always cracks me up when an Iowa thread starts. Their fans are here in no time to troll and defend whatever stupid thing an Iowa coach/player/fan has said. I know they need the attention but dang. The Iowa Cawk Stalkers.

They seems to have an extremely low football IQ in Iowa - faking injuries at the start of the game and PJ really took it to a new level of faking by staying out of the game on crutches the rest of the game - dumb cornholians.
Remind me when PJ went out that coincided with them shredding our D?

Guess it’s good we aren’t in the east then isn’t it? Pretty self evident that MSU, PSU, tOSU, and Michigan are the top teams in the east correct? Iowa is 3-1 against those teams in the last collective matchups. That sounds like they can compete.
You're counting last year I see? Historically bad years for all the referenced programs. Iowa is what they are and will be again this year....a middling plucky football team that will get trounced by anyone with a good offense and a healthy QB

Reactions: psupride1997
I wonder where Frentz got his M.D. degree? I’m sure someone could go through the film and not every stoppage and the involved player. How many eventually left the game? How many of the remainder have been battling nagging injuries?? Frentz is being a clown by giving cover for clueless fans.

Frentz must have been confused that we would have a future NFL player, Brisker, sit out a player by faking an injury.

Of course, what difference would it make - its not like Iowa runs a no-huddle nascar offense

Even if true, you don't act like they did. They embarrassed themselves. Acted like they've never been there, which they haven't.

Reactions: PSU621 and psu00
FA1yBUVXIAIQW_k.jpg

Reactions: STPGopherfan
I would have expected better from a long-time, moderately successful coach. Bad showing for ferentz and iowa, as if they hadn’t stooped low enough over the years.

Thank the man upstairs that we have continued JoePa’s Success With Honor with Franklin.
Long term modererately successful coach.Major put down

The Bandwagon Hawk Fan

95593734.jpg.7848_crop_340x234.jpg

This is the largest group of Iowa fans. They are mostly made up of people who don’t really care what team they cheer for (’cause they’ll never get into college anyway) so they head to WalMart, buy a $5 t-shirt, and “ta-da!” instant Hawk fan. They love to paint everything black and yellow (houses and cars included)

The Tavern Hawk

1088347.gif

This is a subset of the bandwagon Hawk fans. Their native habitat is small, dingy bars in small town Iowa. They will talk trash anyone who dares to wear clothing representing other universities. They would vote for Ricky Stansi for president in a heart beat. They are usually nine beers into the night when you talk to them, so they’ll gladly challenge you to a fight if you make one snide remark about Kirk Ferentz, and his son, FreeRentz.

The Actual Alum

This is the rarest type of Iowa fan. They move out of state as soon as they graduate because they either 1) aren’t from Iowa to begin with (see Illini Reject), or 2) are too embarrassed to be associated with all of the Bandwagon and Tavern Hawk fans in the state of Iowa.

Iowa looking at another 12-0, no 12-1, no 12-2 season. It cracks me up that Iowa fans still talk about their 2015 campaign as if only the wins mattered. Google “Iowa football 12-0 season.”

Even the People Also Ask section has a question “What year did the Hawkeyes go undefeated?” which yields 2015 as the answer. Hahahahaha !!!!

So I've seen several Iowa posters asked this with no response. But maybe you'll be different. Why? Why would Penn State do this? Why would Penn State have it's best players fake injuries and then have to sit out plays, in the case of #17 sit out 4 plays? Our best DE, told to flop down and then sit out 4 plays? Why? Slow momentum? Iowa huddles after every play. THEY slow momentum themselves.

I'd sure give you credit if you could articulate a reasonable explanation for why Penn State would want to do this and why they would use their best players to do it.
There is no valid reason. They don't know our roster as they are clueless dolts and they don't even understand that Iowa plays with no tempo at all. To be honest, they look moronic booing in those situations as it's like they don't even understand the sport.

So I've seen several Iowa posters asked this with no response. But maybe you'll be different. Why? Why would Penn State do this? Why would Penn State have it's best players fake injuries and then have to sit out plays, in the case of #17 sit out 4 plays? Our best DE, told to flop down and then sit out 4 plays? Why? Slow momentum? Iowa huddles after every play. THEY slow momentum themselves.

I'd sure give you credit if you could articulate a reasonable explanation for why Penn State would want to do this and why they would use their best players to do it.

Can’t they at least applaud Franklin’s dedication to the ruse? I mean - he went so far as to keep Clifford out of the rest of the game to sell the fake injury. Not everyone will go to such lengths…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT