ADVERTISEMENT

Ferentz has now twice used our ineptness against us…

#1 Nittany in VA

May 29, 2001
The first we all know, 2004, 6-4, two intentional safeties game and today in taking a intentional fall down on 3rd and 3 in his own territory to set up a punt to give us the ball back. No need to try and win on 3rd and 3 because he knew we couldn’t with TR.

We spent the better part of 3 quarters living in insanity and because we refused to try #3 at QB we will never know. Maybe he would have sucked too, but Ferentz knew we wouldn’t make that effort. And he knew it was over with a good punt instead of even trying to get 3 yards. Let that sink in.

The first we all know, 2004, 6-4, two intentional safeties game and today in taking a intentional fall down on 3rd and 3 in his own territory to set up a punt to give us the ball back. No need to try and win on 3rd and 3 because he knew we couldn’t with TR.

We spent the better part of 3 quarters living in insanity and because we refused to try #3 at QB we will never know. Maybe he would have sucked too, but Ferentz knew we wouldn’t make that effort. And he knew it was over with a good punt instead of even trying to get 3 yards. Let that sink in.
Suggestion...Join AA

Nothing compares to 6-4. That resides in the lowest level of Dante’s hell

Yeah, the guy is a freakin' genius. According to you he does it once then BAM!! 17 years later he does it again when we least expect it.

So you think it would have been preferable to use a true freshman, 3rd string QB, in a very loud, hostile environment inside the PSU 20? In his very first game experience? I’m glad you aren’t the coach.

So you think it would have been preferable to use a true freshman, 3rd string QB, in a very loud, hostile environment inside the PSU 20? In his very first game experience? I’m glad you aren’t the coach.

I mean with hindsight the results couldn’t have been much worse.

If Clifford is out for an extended period I’d hope both get time.

I kind of has a similar thought when Iowa was kneeling the ball and not trying for a first down at the end of the game. They knew the only way PSU could win was if they screwed up big time and gave Iowa a touchdown.

I mean with hindsight the results couldn’t have been much worse.

If Clifford is out for an extended period I’d hope both get time.

Yeah, the results could have been much worse. QB3 could have thrown several pick 6s. As poor as Roberson played, he didn't make any devastating mistakes and even got points on a drive. It took Iowa until deep into the 4th quarter to take the lead. QB3 starts turning it over and that game gets out of hand much earlier. So maybe the ultimate result wouldn't have changed, i.e., we still lose, but it could have played out much worse.

Yeah, the results could have been much worse. QB3 could have thrown several pick 6s. As poor as Roberson played, he didn't make any devastating mistakes and even got points on a drive. It took Iowa until deep into the 4th quarter to take the lead. QB3 starts turning it over and that game gets out of hand much earlier. So maybe the ultimate result wouldn't have changed, i.e., we still lose, but it could have played out much worse.

Maybe qb3 doesn’t lead to 45 false start penalties backing us up on basically every drive outside of the one miraculous fg drive. As I said, with hindsight couldn’t have been any worse. A 4 point loss a 10 point loss. All the same.

Regardless Roberson clearly not going to be a starter here next season.

Maybe qb3 doesn’t lead to 45 false start penalties backing us up on basically every drive outside of the one miraculous fg drive. As I said, with hindsight couldn’t have been any worse. A 4 point loss a 10 point loss. All the same.

We're probably not far away from the same way of thinking. I'm not into moral victories. But if QB3 throws a couple of pick 6s (which Iowa seems to have a penchant for) then all of a sudden the game is over mid-way thru the 3rd quarter. As it was, we were still leading mid-way thru the 4th quarter. If Joey Porter can get that INT on Iowa's FG drive before their TD drive, then the TD only ties it. Again, the ultimate result doesn't change and in that I agree with you, QB3 couldn't have done any worse. But because we were leading and didn't actually need to score with Roberson, him not making crucial mistakes was a win...yes, a very small win, but a win.

Punting is winning, after all
Special teams baby, Ferentz is a damn good coach, always has been. Run the ball, stop the run and have great special teams worked for yrs at PSU.. Not blaming JF for this loss though, injuries happen and there is a reason they are called back ups.. Iowa did enough at home to pull it out, crowd was a difference maker as well.

People over react so much. This is an easy win if Clifford doesn't get hurt. Once that injury happened it changed the whole momentum of the game. Both offense and defense was impacted. TR was just overwhelmed in the moment.

If we get clifford back everything will be fine.

The game was starting to turn before Clifford got injured. And that doesn't even account for whatever changes Phil Parker would have made at half time.

Do we win if Clifford doesn't get injured? Very possibly. Do we blow Iowa out like some on here are suggesting? Welcome to Fantasy Island.

Booing injure players? I was at the game. There's more to that than meets the eye.

It is what it is.

Not so clear to me. First, the o line screwed up and got the penalties, not TR. If it so loud you can’t hear, wait for the ball to be snapped. And if Strange makes the catch at the five yard line he goes at least to the three or two, most likely scores on that play. We get a TD there instead of the FG we win.

Football is a game of confidence, especially for a QB. TR could quite well play some, get on a roll and gain confidence, and play very well. But he also may never get there. Only one way to know.

Hopefully, SC will be ready in two weeks as I don’t want to go through the Big East with a new QB.

Last edited:
The game was starting to turn before Clifford got injured. And that doesn't even account for whatever changes Phil Parker would have made at half time.

Do we win if Clifford doesn't get injured? Very possibly. Do we blow Iowa out like some on here are suggesting? Welcome to Fantasy Island.

Booing injure players? I was at the game. There's more to that than meets the eye.

It is what it is.
God, Iowa fans are so lame. Injuries are part of football, so it is what it is. But to pretend as though you had more than a remote chance to win before Clifford went down? Ridiculous. Your defense was crap.

And yes, please enlighten us about booing injured players

giphy-downsized.gif

Get a clue. Of course it could have been worse as several others have correctly pointed out. You don’t rotate QBs like RBs or WRs.

Shh . . . this is correct. Don’t let these kids over here hear the truth.

Let them think they actually might’ve had a chance to win.
You have been quiet for decades with the Loser Ferentz failing decade after decade. What makes you think anything has changed. You witless idiots will not show up here or anywhere else in 6 to 10 weeks ... guaranteed. I have 50k that says so... got the balls for that?

That’s 2/3rds your own state people. Handle it!
It was 17-10 before your back up came in. A ONE possession game.
If it was only PSU fans saying it I would get it. There is no way PSU doesn't score 7 points in the remaining time. He would have at the very least flipped the field position. Quit being intellectually dishonest. If the situations were reversed, most here would except it.

If it was only PSU fans saying it I would get it. There is no way PSU doesn't score 7 points in the remaining time. He would have at the very least flipped the field position. Quit being intellectually dishonest. If the situations were reversed, most here would except it.

He has no intellect to be honest about. Lol

You have been quiet for decades with the Loser Ferentz failing decade after decade. What makes you think anything has changed. You witless idiots will not show up here or anywhere else in 6 to 10 weeks ... guaranteed. I have 50k that says so... got the balls for that?
Well, this board goes away at the end of the month so that would be impossible make that happen here..

So.. where else do you want me to show up for my 50k? I've been through lots of Hawkeye losses over the years and I still show up win or lose. EZ money

Well, this board goes away at the end of the month so that would be impossible make that happen here..

So.. where else do you want me to show up for my 50k? I've been through lots of Hawkeye losses over the years and I still show up win or lose. EZ money
WildTurk. Predominately Tempus Viator but has a fair amount of Magnus Fortis as well.

Reactions: WildTurk
There is a way. You can't rewrite history based on what you think would have happend.

Maybe Iowa "could've" gotten 2 pick sixes(Riley Moss had 2 himself against Indiana) off Clifford during the remaining minutes of the game..

Clifford already threw 2 early on, so based off the first quarter he "should've" ended with 7-8 ints for the game right? See what I did there? It simply doesn't work that way.

Reactions: Bonerfarts
There is a way. You can't rewrite history based on what you think would have happend.

Maybe Iowa "could've" gotten 2 pick sixes(Riley Moss had 2 himself against Indiana) off Clifford during the remaining minutes of the game..

Clifford already threw 2 early on, so based off the first quarter he "should've" ended with 7-8 ints for the game right? See what I did there? It simply doesn't work that way.
Can’t argue with logic like that. Bless your heart.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT