ADVERTISEMENT

Felony Friday - Newsweek Story was Primed to Destroy Accepted Narrative in the Jerry Sandusky Case

francofan

Oct 26, 2015
John Odermatt of Lions of Liberty does another Felony Friday podcast with John Ziegler to discuss the lastest developments in the fiasco. This podcats is an hour and seventeen minutes and discusses what would have been in the Newsweek story that never happened including the Lock Haven 5, the false accuser, and the absurd settlements that Penn State made ($115 million for 36 claimants) as well as other details of the saga. Here is the write-up for the podcast:

A Newsweek Story was Primed to Destroy the Accepted Narrative in the Jerry Sandusky Case

John Ziegler joins the Felony Friday show for a fourth time to expose the out of control fraud that has occurred during the Penn State settlement process as a resulted of the Jerry Sandusky scandal. . Some background on John Ziegler, he's a documentary filmmaker, director and author. John has a podcast called The World According to Zig, and he's a columnist at Mediaite. And he's without a doubt the most knowledgeable person on the Penn State/Sandusky/Paterno scandal. There are two reasons why I wanted to bring John back on the show. The first, HBO released their Paterno Movie and the absurd "Joe knew" story line is back in the mainstream media. The second, and the main reason why I invited John back on the show is because there's A LOT of new evidence in this case that is now available for public consumption. Most people don't know that John and Ralph Cipriano, also a previous guest on this show, had a massive article that was so very close to being published by Newsweek just prior to the release of the Paterno film. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. John is here to share what happened and to talk about all the new developments in the Penn State/Jerry Sandusky/Joe Paterno saga. Luckily, John has made the entire Newsweek article available on his website, linked below.

A Newsweek article that would have been chalked up to TL;DR by the majority of people

John Odermatt of Lions of Liberty does another Felony Friday podcast with John Ziegler to discuss the lastest developments in the fiasco. This podcats is an hour and seventeen minutes and discusses what would have been in the Newsweek story that never happened including the Lock Haven 5, the false accuser, and the absurd settlements that Penn State made ($115 million for 36 claimants) as well as other details of the saga. Here is the write-up for the podcast:

A Newsweek Story was Primed to Destroy the Accepted Narrative in the Jerry Sandusky Case

John Ziegler joins the Felony Friday show for a fourth time to expose the out of control fraud that has occurred during the Penn State settlement process as a resulted of the Jerry Sandusky scandal. . Some background on John Ziegler, he's a documentary filmmaker, director and author. John has a podcast called The World According to Zig, and he's a columnist at Mediaite. And he's without a doubt the most knowledgeable person on the Penn State/Sandusky/Paterno scandal. There are two reasons why I wanted to bring John back on the show. The first, HBO released their Paterno Movie and the absurd "Joe knew" story line is back in the mainstream media. The second, and the main reason why I invited John back on the show is because there's A LOT of new evidence in this case that is now available for public consumption. Most people don't know that John and Ralph Cipriano, also a previous guest on this show, had a massive article that was so very close to being published by Newsweek just prior to the release of the Paterno film. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. John is here to share what happened and to talk about all the new developments in the Penn State/Jerry Sandusky/Joe Paterno saga. Luckily, John has made the entire Newsweek article available on his website, linked below.

Baloney.

A Newsweek article that would have been chalked up to TL;DR by the majority of people

The Newsweek article might have changed a few minds or at least given some people pause when assessing PSU/Paterno's failings. It wouldn't have have "destroyed" the accepted narrative.

A friend of alleged victim Glen Neff reports that a victim tried to bribe him to give false testimony in order to get a settlement. That's pretty damning towards that accuser but it doesn't prove that JS is completely innocent.

The Newsweek article might have changed a few minds or at least given some people pause when assessing PSU/Paterno's failings. It wouldn't have have "destroyed" the accepted narrative.

A friend of alleged victim Glen Neff reports that a victim tried to bribe him to give false testimony in order to get a settlement. That's pretty damning towards that accuser but it doesn't prove that JS is completely innocent.

True, but the biggest reason most people think Sandusky is guilty is because of the sheer number of accusers. The evidence proving how pathetic these guys' stories were and how poorly they were vetted strikes a huge blow to the "36 victims can't all be wrong" hypothesis.

And why was it PSU providing the $$$ for the payoffs in the form Ira Lubert - Sandusky's good buddy from his college days who ran the PA SE Chapter of The Second Mile and provided his property in rural SE PA to The Second Mile for use as a camp???
If it was so easy to come forward w/ a ridiculous lie as late as a few years ago and collect $8 million, why wasn't there a line outside Shubin's office?

Reactions: BBrown
aYE6GAJ.gif

If it was so easy to come forward w/ a ridiculous lie as late as a few years ago and collect $8 million, why wasn't there a line outside Shubin's office?

In fairness, I’m not sure it was all that difficult to get a payment if you didn’t mind saying something happened to you. It sounds like the vetting process was less than stringent.

Two questions:

1.) Does the Glen Neff payout, and the way he went about getting it, bother you at all?

2.) Do you believe Allan Myers is the REAL Victim Two ( kid in the shower)?

Yes, even if you believe Sandusky is guilty, it should bother you that PSU paid some obvious frauds millions without vetting them and also that some of the trial victims completely contradicted their trial testimony in their claims against PSU.

The fact that this isn't a bigger deal just show how far the "Move On" crowd have their heads up their asses.

Yes, even if you believe Sandusky is guilty, it should bother you that PSU paid some obvious frauds millions without vetting them and also that some of the trial victims completely contradicted their trial testimony in their claims against PSU.

The fact that this isn't a bigger deal just show how far the "Move On" crowd have their heads up their asses.

No, it doesn't show you how far they have their heads up their asses...., it shows you who they are actually working for and serving (which is not PSU the Institution - i.e., a part of the "Public Trust" in PA - who they are legally obliged to work in the interest of via PA Trust Law. IOW, corruption is all about scumbags self-dealing in favor of themselves and their patronage network and PA is knee-deep in corrupt scumbags and illegal corruption).

Reactions: Rm0717 and BBrown
These types of things don't tend to bother shameless, self-interessted, corrupt lackey bootlickers... Just say'in...

Does it bother him that over 70 future chemists, teachers, engineers, or other top tier students could have probably gotten full ride scholarships, complete with room and board, and maybe some grad school thrown in, for what these two swindlers got paid?

It should bother everyone if anyone was paid for fraudulent claims. If any are fraudulent, it casts doubt on actual victims and opens up an avenue for Sandusky to get a new trial, especially so if any were convictions. A number of convictions probably wouldn't have stood on their own. They needed the sheer number of allegations from different victims to make the case.

In fairness, I’m not sure it was all that difficult to get a payment if you didn’t mind saying something happened to you. It sounds like the vetting process was less than stringent.

Agree. I passed JS more than a few times on campus, once we even talked in the gym (I think it was the White building, not sure if its still around). I also work in the building next to where Kevin Spacey is or was filming house of cards and passed him on his way to his limo.
I think I'm in line for early retirement.;)

Reactions: Hotshoe
It should bother everyone if anyone was paid for fraudulent claims. If any are fraudulent, it casts doubt on actual victims and opens up an avenue for Sandusky to get a new trial, especially so if any were convictions. A number of convictions probably wouldn't have stood on their own. They needed the sheer number of allegations from different victims to make the case.

+100. Its like all the cries of "racism" lately, it devalues the ones that are actually happening...and there are some very serious ones.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Actually, just to put some perspective on the issue, total payouts would have funded:

6,378 Full Tuition Scholarships (assuming In-State tuition rates...... roughly 1/2 that for Out-of-State)
Or a top of the line basketball or football coach for the next 30 years.

(couldn't help myself)

It doesn't matter if this supposed Newsweek Article is ever published or not. The narrative is set. There are no bombshells out there that will vindicate Joe, C/S/S, or Penn State in the eyes of the general public. The bad guys won. It sucks but its reality.

Does it bother him that over 70 future chemists, teachers, engineers, or other top tier students could have probably gotten full ride scholarships, complete with room and board, and maybe some grad school thrown in, for what these two swindlers got paid?
Um, NO! We’ll just recruit more students from out of state or from Asia.

Reactions: step.eng69
PSU was crucified by Freeh, the NCAA, and the media long before 36 victims came forward. All it took was a bogus grand jury presentment and a BOT that was anxious to throw a few people under the bus in hopes of making everything FG go away.

Reactions: Bob78
It doesn't matter if this supposed Newsweek Article is ever published or not. The narrative is set. There are no bombshells out there that will vindicate Joe, C/S/S, or Penn State in the eyes of the general public. The bad guys won. It sucks but its reality.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy

Probably not, shamless, self-interested, bootlicking scumbags don't tend to be bothered by things that people with even a shred of decency would be....

I think there was minimal vetting, not zero vetting. You probably had to show that you were part of TSM or at least knew JS.

I think it was you had to be a second mile alum and under 30, unless you claimed Penn State was directly responsible for your accusation not being followed up on. That’s why both the 1971 and 1976 accusers had to add the claim that they told Joe Paterno to thier already absurd stories.

Reactions: denniskembala
True, but the biggest reason most people think Sandusky is guilty is because of the sheer number of accusers. The evidence proving how pathetic these guys' stories were and how poorly they were vetted strikes a huge blow to the "36 victims can't all be wrong" hypothesis.

There is something about that number of victims that has always bothered me, too. If JS had contact with probably close to a thousand boys over the years, why just 36 claims, and all made at essentially the same time? 36 seems low. Seems even lower when we read that they had trouble finding any victims until they advertised for them (e.g. Ganim went knocking on doors, and Shubin changed his business model to dealing primarily with JS and Altoona Diocese victims), and then after PSU invited the public to have fun in the open vaults. So, until then, maybe how many victims? Pretty few, although it takes only one for JS to be guilty of at least a misdemeanor like EWOC, I'd guess. Just not enough for a life sentence, though.

On the other hand, why were there no legitimate accusations brought to the police or CYS or TSM prior to '98? JS didn't just start doing whatever he did or didn't do in '98, I don't think. Some of the kids must have been haunted by the memories until they just had to come forward in their 20s or 30s or 40s. But seems as though no one really did until the combination to the vault was dialed.

This is why I want to see a new trial, even though I believe JS is guilty of something. I'm just not sure of what and how much and how many. But I am convinced that what is commonly believed now is waaaay wrong. His nearly 6 years in jail so far may be way way way too much, or way too little, or just about right. I think we just don't know for certain one way or the other.

On the other hand, why were there no legitimate accusations brought to the police or CYS or TSM prior to '98? JS didn't just start doing whatever he did or didn't do in '98, I don't think. Some of the kids must have been haunted by the memories until they just had to come forward in their 20s or 30s or 40s. But seems as though no one really did until the combination to the vault was dialed.

Technically 38...one settled a few months ago and another still in the courts will likely reach one in the coming months.

Someone told OAG in 2011 about an approximate 1984/85 report to police. No other details and apparently no report was found. It was only in the Altoona GJ report that we learned that law enforcement was notified on several occasions about priests there...and then reached arrangements with the Bishop not to arrest. In many Church instances, though, the family tries to work directly with the Church and not involve law enforcement.

Technically 38...one settled a few months ago and another still in the courts will likely reach one in the coming months.

Someone told OAG in 2011 about an approximate 1984/85 report to police. No other details and apparently no report was found. It was only in the Altoona GJ report that we learned that law enforcement was notified on several occasions about priests there...and then reached arrangements with the Bishop not to arrest. In many Church instances, though, the family tries to work directly with the Church and not involve law enforcement.

Thanks, Didier.

I'm confused about something in your response....
I take it the '84/'85 reference is wrt Sandusky. Correct? Even with no report, did the person give details to the OAG - was there consistency with later reports about grooming, etc.?

Does the Altoona GJ report somehow tie to JS? It doesn't seem so, but I'm not clear on that from what you wrote. Thanks.

While I wanted to post a comment regarding the OP, I instead want to welcome Bushie back to the boards. They must have let him out of the padded room just in time for the BW Game.

Get a life.

So which one are you? Glen Neff or Allan Myers?

Maybe Matt? If you're Matt, I can see why you're so pi$$ed. You really got screwed. Only in the neighborhood of $300,000. You sold your soul down the river for mere peanuts.

Shubin and his other swindlers are probably laughing their a$$es off about you right about now. While they're busy counting their millions, you've probably already blown through your pittance. By the way. Who did you have to bribe. Seems like bribery was one of the things you guys did to get your money.

So which one are you? Glen Neff or Allan Myers?

Maybe Matt? If you're Matt, I can see why you're so pi$$ed. You really got screwed. Only in the neighborhood of $300,000. You sold your soul down the river for mere peanuts.

Shubin and his other swindlers are probably laughing their a$$es off about you right about now. While they're busy counting their millions, you've probably already blown through your pittance. By the way. Who did you have to bribe. Seems like bribery was one of the things you guys did to get your money.

I'm someone with enough common sense to know that Joe is dead, Jerry is in jail, Zeigler is
a snake oil salesman and none of those are going to change. Today is the Blue White game and we have
a lot of top recruits on campus some of which may commit today. I care about that. As for Jerry's victims, some may have received too much and some too little. However, I choose not to anguish over that fact. I don't really care that you and those of your ilk enjoy doing so. I do hate that you pursue your
favorite topic on a PSU football board.

Reactions: RobBliz
I'm someone with enough common sense to know that Joe is dead, Jerry is in jail, Zeigler is
a snake oil salesman and none of those are going to change. Today is the Blue White game and we have
a lot of top recruits on campus some of which may commit today. I care about that. As for Jerry's victims, some may have received too much and some too little. However, I choose not to anguish over that fact. I don't really care that you and those of your ilk enjoy doing so. I do hate that you pursue your
favorite topic on a PSU football board.

LMFAO you make all these declarations and judgements about others when you're a servile, toady, lowlife, scumbag and water-boy defender of the corrupt who have capriciously libeled countless individuals including the entire Penn State Community, not just Joe Paterno! And your sorry arrogant cowardly @as is going to come on here and lecture about people lacking character, integrity, morals, decency, etc...??? LMFAO - at you, you piece of human excrement wuss, not with you clown-boy!

Joe doesn't need to be vindicated. He followed state law, university policy, and current NCAA guidelines... and was praised by the attorney general for this handling of the situation.

There is something about that number of victims that has always bothered me, too. If JS had contact with probably close to a thousand boys over the years, why just 36 claims, and all made at essentially the same time? 36 seems low. Seems even lower when we read that they had trouble finding any victims until they advertised for them (e.g. Ganim went knocking on doors, and Shubin changed his business model to dealing primarily with JS and Altoona Diocese victims), and then after PSU invited the public to have fun in the open vaults. So, until then, maybe how many victims? Pretty few, although it takes only one for JS to be guilty of at least a misdemeanor like EWOC, I'd guess. Just not enough for a life sentence, though.

This is why I want to see a new trial, even though I believe JS is guilty of something. I'm just not sure of what and how much and how many. But I am convinced that what is commonly believed now is waaaay wrong. His nearly 6 years in jail so far may be way way way too much, or way too little, or just about right. I think we just don't know for certain one way or the other.

IMO, there are only 8 victims, those who had the courage to testify at trial. People who didn't testify at trial and got payouts with minimal vetting can not be assumed to be victims.

It's always laughable when people say he's guilty because 8 people testified against him, but then those same people can't quantify what number of accusers equals guilt. (e.g. 4 isn't enough... 5 is guilty!) No one can know for sure if JS is guilty or innocent, there simply isn't enough information available. It's OK to THINK he is guilty based on available information. But it's not OK to think he is guilty simply because 8 people testified against him.

Reactions: Nitwit97
ADVERTISEMENT