ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Steve Williams releases chapter of tell all book about his time with Tiger

Some will say everyone does it and he's just making a buck. Some might say doing it was cathartic for him and he can now move on with his life. To me it is weak and weenyish.

I have never read a "Tell All" book. I believe a gentleman, or lady, does not reveal confidences and personal information unless the writer has been publicly betrayed by the subject of the book.

Yeah I am the same but he does feel publically he was betrayed by Tiger. Interesting I can see his point I remember the rumors going around how he would pick girls out for Tiger in the gallery and have them meet him in private after the round etc... Yet obviously was just that all rumors and Tigers management team never came out in public and defended Steve so I can see why he feels like he was betrayed in the publics eye.

Yes, and it'll be interesting to see how long he continues to be employed.
Considering that Adam Scott begged him to come out of retirement earlier this season, I would say Stevie is in a good place. He does not want nor need to carry a golf bag anymore but he did it for Scott because it was not working out with Scott's new caddy. This book will have ZERO effect on his career.

Not to mention any of the bimbos that may have fallen off of Tiger's plate...

According to Williams, he didn't know about any of Tiger's sex antics. And some others in Tiger's circle did know. And he (Williams) was catching grief from people for helping Tiger behave like a cad. And he (Williams) asked Tiger's camp to issue a statement saying that Williams knew nothing. But since some of Tiger's circle did know, it wasn't feasible to issues statements saying that so-and-so didn't know because it would effectively be outing the people that did know. And thus Williams had to live with the suspicions that he enabled Tiger's bad behavior.

I can sympathize with Williams on that count. He shouldn't have to live with that. OTOH, picking up Tiger's clubs after Tiger throws them is a part of the job.

I know what a "whore" is ( generally a woman of the streets who sells herself) and I know what a "pimp" is (generally a male who has one or more "whores" working for him).

What is the appropriate term for a male who "sells himself"?

That whole "treated me like a slave" thing where his example is Tiger throws his club at his bag expecting Steve to pick it up. Watching PGA events over the years, I see a bunch of golfers do exactly the same thing all the time. Are all of those caddies going to come out with books too? To be honest, I've always thought that behavior by golf pros was a bit arrogant.

That whole "treated me like a slave" thing where his example is Tiger throws his club at his bag expecting Steve to pick it up. Watching PGA events over the years, I see a bunch of golfers do exactly the same thing all the time. Are all of those caddies going to come out with books too? To be honest, I've always thought that behavior by golf pros was a bit arrogant.

boo freakin hooo. I doubt any "slaves" made 6 Million.
Besides caddy...butler...same thing.

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
He is a caddie and a well paid one, he gets paid to carry a bag of golf clubs. Does it get a little humbling sometimes when Tiger or any other golf pro is having a bad day and throws things and the like, sure. But doesn't about every job have some humbling aspects when your boss makes you do things that you think are beneath you, that is just the real world.

Williams put out the book to make money and because he was pissed at Tiger, nothing more, nothing less. I think he could care less what other pro's think as the money from the book will allow him to retire. And how many guys on tour do you think actually like Tiger and would think bad on Williams for putting out the book. Probably more guy that don't like Tiger and are glad it came out.

ADVERTISEMENT