ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Sebastianelli is team doc again (link)

so did it ever come out who was behind that hit piece in SI about PSU medicine? I know a lot of names were talked about was it ever decided or leaked who it was. that whole situation was bizarre.

Reactions: BBrown
That this happened at all was a travesty. Many believe that this was payback because WS allegedly verbally undressed a certain BOT member back at that time in the surgeons' locker room at the local hospital.

So Joyner demoting Seabass out of jealousy and personal issues with him I think was generally thought of as true. the rumor was JayPa & Seabass were behind the hit piece but not sure that was ever confirmed.

Reactions: Sharkies
So Joyner demoting Seabass out of jealousy and personal issues with him I think was generally thought of as true. the rumor was JayPa & Seabass were behind the hit piece but not sure that was ever confirmed.

What was untrue or inaccurate in the article?

Reactions: 91Joe95
What was untrue or inaccurate in the article?

the article didn't talk about why Seabass was demoted nor about how was the person behind the SI article. So not sure what you are talking about.

the article didn't talk about why Seabass was demoted nor about how was the person behind the SI article. So not sure what you are talking about.

Changing team physicians is fine, happens all the time. Changing physicians and reducing physician coverage of team practices at the same time? At the very least, not the best optics. Having the football coach engineer it? No. O'Brien was too ignorant and egotistical to realize it at the time, but he found out about it pretty quickly. And I'm sure he realized that Fester set him up.

Oh, and I have little doubt that Sebastianelli was behind the article. What's more dangerous than a disgruntled former employee? A disgruntled former employee with ammunition.

I can tell you that WS is very well-regarded by his peers.

I have talked with a couple former players, also NFLers, who come back to State College to have him do some 'clean up' work on old injuries. So, yes, I think the players and coaches also had no issues with him.

I thought Joyner was on the BOT? Wasn't a lot made at the time of the COI in having him go from OGBOT to AD? (At $400K).

so did it ever come out who was behind that hit piece in SI about PSU medicine? I know a lot of names were talked about was it ever decided or leaked who it was. that whole situation was bizarre.

Joyner and his cohorts on the bot were doing everything in their power to convince others they were the victims in the ordeal and just trying to clean everything up. Their deceptions and vulgar behavior knew no bounds. I wouldn't put it past them if they put the SI article out themselves.

That this happened at all was a travesty. Many believe that this was payback because WS allegedly was not a fan of a certain medical BOT member and was not shy about telling him that in public.

Well maybe he should just pull that statue down himself.

Just got done rereading the article from several years ago. How did Joyner's Tim Bream hire survive that long after all the fubars he created, especially in that environment? Instead of trying to save money by cutting back on the athletes' necessary medical care, perhaps they should have tried to save money by taking away the bot's football tickets. Poor FLO got royally hosed by Joyner. I can imagine him realizing that Joyner had lied to him, yet again, but this time about something as simple and fundamental as having a doctor available at practices. What won't Joyner lie about? No wonder FLO left and in such anger.

I'm way late to the party on this one, but with the timing and all, what are the chances this has something to do with the way Tommy Stevens' injury was managed last season?

I'm way late to the party on this one, but with the timing and all, what are the chances this has something to do with the way Tommy Stevens' injury was managed last season?
a lot, and you can add simmons to that list. if they avoid lawsuits with those two, it'll be a miracle.

ADVERTISEMENT