ADVERTISEMENT

fc OT Who's dumber? the Bears or the Seahawks? Bears offered 6 players for RW

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
Seahawks didn't take it. 3 first a 3rd and 2 starters....
Getty Images
The Bears did indeed try to finagle a trade for Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson.

According to Dan Patrick, Chicago offered three first-round picks, a third-round pick, and two unnamed starters for Wilson. The Seahawks, obviously, passed.

The problem, from the Bears’ perspective, is that they hold the 20th overall pick this year. And if they have Wilson, the future first-round picks likely would landed in the 20s as well.

The only remaining question is whether some other team with a higher spot in the 2021 pecking order decides to make a similar effort. The Jets, for example, have pick No. 2. The Dolphins have pick No. 3. The Panthers hold pick No. 8.

Again, the Seahawks haven’t drafted a quarterback in round one since 1993, and they’ve only ever used a first-rounder on a quarterback twice. Even if they didn’t use the 2021 first-rounder from Wilson’s new team on his replacement, the 2021 first-rounder needs to be a lot closer to No. 1 than No. 32.

Seahawks didn't take it. 3 first a 3rd and 2 starters....
Getty Images
The Bears did indeed try to finagle a trade for Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson.

According to Dan Patrick, Chicago offered three first-round picks, a third-round pick, and two unnamed starters for Wilson. The Seahawks, obviously, passed.

The problem, from the Bears’ perspective, is that they hold the 20th overall pick this year. And if they have Wilson, the future first-round picks likely would landed in the 20s as well.

The only remaining question is whether some other team with a higher spot in the 2021 pecking order decides to make a similar effort. The Jets, for example, have pick No. 2. The Dolphins have pick No. 3. The Panthers hold pick No. 8.

Again, the Seahawks haven’t drafted a quarterback in round one since 1993, and they’ve only ever used a first-rounder on a quarterback twice. Even if they didn’t use the 2021 first-rounder from Wilson’s new team on his replacement, the 2021 first-rounder needs to be a lot closer to No. 1 than No. 32.

I'd take that trade if I were the Seahawks. This isn't the NBA where a late first round pick is about worthless, late first round picks in the NFL are still really good and to get three of them along with a 3rd rounder a couple of starters is worth it. Russel is not going to be happy playing for the Seahawks so when I player isnt' happy, it never ends well.

Dumb dumb Bears! Dumbest move since moving from three to two to draft Trubisky!

Picking up Dalton isn’t any improvement over Trubisky, either.

Wilson is really good but I don't think he is worth that much, especially since he turns 33 during this coming season. I think the Seahawks did the Bears a favor in turning down that trade offer.

I'd take that trade if I were the Seahawks. This isn't the NBA where a late first round pick is about worthless, late first round picks in the NFL are still really good and to get three of them along with a 3rd rounder a couple of starters is worth it. Russel is not going to be happy playing for the Seahawks so when I player isnt' happy, it never ends well.
Agree because that would give them four first-round picks and I'm sure that they could then package two of the ones they just received Plus another pick or two to move up from 20 into the single digits and get a quarterback

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Seahawks should have taken it. They probably think they will get better offer, maybe they will. 🤷‍♂️

The Seahawks should have taken it. Whose to say Wilson would beat out Trubinsky and Dalton, and even if he did they're still the Bears.

Just ask the Vikings how that Herschel Walker trade of 5 players and 6 draft picks worked out.

Walker lasted 2 years with Minny .

The Cowboys' draft picks included Emmitt Smith and Darren Woodson.

Reactions: Woodpecker
Wilson would hands down beat them out.

IdealisticLittleAkitainu-small.gif

I disagree. The odds are long for striking gold twice with QBs drafted later than the top ten. Seattle has a proven Pro Bowler at the most important position in the game.

Teams spend years (decades if you’re the Jets or Browns) trying to find that. Seattle can do A LOT better if they actually want to trade Wilson.

Agree because that would give them four first-round picks and I'm sure that they could then package two of the ones they just received Plus another pick or two to move up from 20 into the single digits and get a quarterback
So you’re cashing out a ton of draft capital to roll the dice on one QB. See Exhibit A and B: Goff and Wentz.

Maybe Seattle does better, but the odds are 50% when you have a franchise player in his prime at the position. You can improve quickly there. See Green Bay with Rodgers.

Exactly. You know Wilson would easily beat them out and you have no way to back track on your earlier dumb post implying he wouldn’t hands down. I am now done with your trolling self.

I still don't get the Foles Trade and the Dalton signing - the Bears gave up too much for Mack a few years ago and now they want to mortgage their future again - I feel bad for ARob but he is getting paid at least but has no one the throw him the ball on that Team - they are wasting a good defense.

Reactions: 91Joe95
I still don't get the Foles Trade and the Dalton signing - the Bears gave up too much for Mack a few years ago and now they want to mortgage their future again - I feel bad for ARob but he is getting paid at least but has no one the throw him the ball on that Team - they are wasting a good defense.
This problem isn’t uncommon. Unless you nail the draft in areas, it’s hard to have a proficient offense and defense at the same time.

The Bears gave up what four first round picks (plus others) in 3 years for Mack and Trubisky? They didn’t get replacement level value there and are paying the price.

ADVERTISEMENT