ADVERTISEMENT

fc ot SB will pose nude for ESPN body issue along with Jerry Rice....

sluggo72

Aug 31, 2006
Giants rookie running back Saquon Barkley showed at the Scouting Combine that he’s a very well proportioned individual. He’ll show even more soon.

Barkley has agreed to appear nude in ESPN Magazine’s annual Body Issue, which comes out next week.

Also appearing will be Hall of Fame wide receiver Jerry Rice, who is legendary for his grueling workouts and still stays in great shape at age 55.

The Body Issue is ESPN’s answer to the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, although the Body Issue has the advantage that it actually pertains to sports because it shows athletes, not bikini models. And the Body Issue also has the advantage that the athletes pictured aren’t wearing anything, although they do have a well-placed hand to avoid showing everything.

Non-football athletes in this year’s Body Issue will include Sue Bird, Megan Rapinoe, Tori Bowie, Lauren Chamberlain, Jessie Diggins, Crystal Dunn, Charlotte Flair, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Dallas Keuchel, Greg Norman, Yasiel Puig, Adam Rippon, Breanna Stewart and Karl-Anthony Towns.

www.profootballtalk.com

This makes me sad for the young man. I was so hoping for him to be a special role model for young kids to look up to. This makes it look like its all about the money. What happened to all that humility?

Have you seen an issue of The Body Magazine? Its really pretty good, if your into the Art of it.
Its not Penthouse or Playgirl.
Its very well done.

This makes me sad for the young man. I was so hoping for him to be a special role model for young kids to look up to. This makes it look like its all about the money. What happened to all that humility?

#facepalm

SI’s “body issue” isn’t exactly a Larry Flynt production... you make it sound like SB26 is gonna be doin’ “helicopters”...

fc ot SB will pose nude for ESPN body issue along with Jerry Rice....
1jo9hv.jpg

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I looked back at the archives. There really are some great photos. Here's a preview of Saquon's.

So why would anyone do this? It isn't like these people need publicity. Or do proceeds for this issue go to charity?

Why wouldn't someone do this? If I was built like Saquon I'd gladly do this for free. Why wouldn't you want it documented when you were at your peak? It's an experience. Nudity isn't a bad thing and it isn't like the photos are full frontal or anything. Remember he's naked in a locker room surrounded by players, coaches and media constantly. This isn't a big deal

So why would anyone do this? It isn't like these people need publicity. Or do proceeds for this issue go to charity?

“We have a lot of athletes who come to us and say, ‘we’re dying to be in the “Body Issue,”’ which is a great thing, a great position to be in,” said the Magazine’s Deputy Editor Neely Lohmann. "You would always like to get your Lebron, people like Venus Williams, who is someone I always wanted and she did it last year."

After multiple shoots and thousands of photos, only six athletes are chosen for the 'Body Issue' cover.

“We have 10 possible covers,” said the Magazine's Editor-in-Chief Chad Millman. “We’ll choose six covers, and we’ll be upset about all the ones that we don’t get to choose.”

This year, 22-year-old right fielder Bryce Harper, who is having an MVP season with the Washington Nationals and is the leading vote getter for the National League in Tuesday's MLB All-Star Game, was picked as one of the covers.

“It's a lot of fun,” he said. “I've been wanting to do that since I was 15 years old so its really cool to me. God gave me a body so I'm gonna show it off."

Greg Norman ? My wife said he’d better need more than a golf ball.
A lot of bad career advice around this.

Last edited:
I take it that Mr. Johnson is not going to be in the pictures, right?

ADVERTISEMENT